RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

Cody cut a lean grade

20K views 27 replies 22 participants last post by  Bruce MacPherson 
#1 ·
Am being offered a puppy by Cody Cut a Lean Grade. What do I need to know about his off-spring before I decide? The dam is out of Wood River's Franchise. Her dam (maternal grandmother, if you will) is out of Clubmeade's Road Warrior.

#6 ·
Have a Grady pup, very intelligent girl and she's only 4 mos!!!!! I don't think you can go wrong :)

#12 ·
Pretty much what I was going to say lol

#10 ·
On a scale of cream-puff-fold-like-a-taco-quitter to fire-breather-hard-headed-hard-to-handle-monster... where would Grady off-spring fall? A whimsical way to ask if this pup could be considered a relatively knowledgeable amateur's dog.

#16 ·
My dog is VERY willing and wants to do the right thing. A strong "NO" is usually all I need (with an occasional #3) and "GOOD BOYS" go a LONG way

#26 ·
For those with Grady pups... are they easy to live with? Do they have an off switch?
Yes for both questions at least with mine anyway. Mine has used his off/on switch since he was 7 weeks old when I brought him home. Sure, there were the typical puppy moments of unbridled energy the last couple hours of the evening but that is to be expected in my opinion. The little guy has loved the water since day 1, I think he has more fish in him then dog lol. Overall, would I buy him again and do it all over again, in a hearbeat and no question about it!

#18 ·
He is still young (2 in Nov) but settles down nicely in the house, quicker if I let him snuggle on the couch. He stays off leash at the line while training clients to run their dogs, and just hangs out (After he runs first) and is an attention whore. Just wants to be under your hand all the time...we are having a love affair. I have had alot of dogs in my life , and very special ones, but not ever had THIS connection.

#19 ·
I bred my FEMA USAR/MH bitch to Grady ... the pups are now 22 months. I couldn't be more pleased with the litter and the comments from the owners. 2 of them are with a pro and on the Derby list - she loves them. 2 are with FEMA US&R handlers - one of these FEMA Certified at 18 months (we can't even test until 18 mos - and typical is 2 - 1/2 years on average - so this is quite an accomplishment, the other plans to test this fall/winter (he was a little slower to mature). 1 is a cadaver dog that was deployed to CO and is still working out there in the aftermath of the flooding. Comments from some of the owners are high-energy, fearless, focused, smart, loving, family-dogs that are working machines. I am slightly biased as I think the bitch had all these qualities as well, but do think that Grady threw something in there as well. Like the pups so much planning on a repeat breeding.

#22 · (Edited)
Comments from some of the owners are high-energy, fearless, focused, smart, loving, family-dogs that are working machines. I am slightly biased as I think the bitch had all these qualities as well, but do think that Grady threw something in there as well..
My dog and my feelings to a tee. I did not own the dam of my Grady pup but I hear she is SOME DOG too.
I ended up having a baby and unfortunately had to end his hunt test career but I am confident he could have made Master hunter, and still might some day!

My Grady x Zucker pup. He is handsome too boot.

Fearless and high drive (edit to add I swim in this area, so I made sure it was SAFE SAFE SAFE for launch)

He hunts

And he tolerates the new baby pretty decent too! <3

#20 ·
I have a 22 month old female Grady pup that is a bottle rocket with a very very strong desire to retrieve any bird in any cover, in water, on land or in any other habitat. Marks very well and handles nicely. Now if I can get her line manners under control, we're in for a great ride.

#21 ·
i have two grady pups. both are bright, eager and athletic. both nice inside too! one is going to be a great hunting/hunt test dog.(see my add in rtf classifieds);-) the other should finish some derbies this fall and appears to maybe someday be an all age competitor.(no add posted....but you can call if interested):cool:

grady makes good pups.

#25 ·
Tulip1.
I have a 2yr old Grady daughter. The trainability is what everyone else has said, very willing, eager to learn and not tough.
As for house and living with-she is a nut. I love her zest for life and she makes me smile every day. She will settle and loves to lay on the couch but shes not for everyone. Constantly whirling with her toy and has a huge wiggle ....:) I love her and would have another one-but like I said, shes not real calm.....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.