The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media

Thread: California's O-care Exchange

Default California's O-care Exchange

http://www.americanthinker.com/2013/...alifornia.html
    It ain't goin' so well.
    In the last three business days, I, as one who's been involved in California's health care industry for over 30 years, have spent nine hours in face-to-face seminars and two more hours in a CoveredCA sponsored webinar.
    Sadly, as of now, there are zero plans with rates or benefits approved for sale by either of California's two state insurance regulatory bureaucracies --

(Due to various internal issues, CoveredCA has not finalized the format of their agent contract and received subsequent legal approval of that contract from the California regulators. Until the contract is approved by those regulators no one can sign it and become officially approved to sell the plans.)
    From a webinar on Sept. 28:
    Responding to the "elephant in the room" question of whether plan rates and benefits would be available for consumers to purchase and agents to sell as of the 10/1/2013 target launch date, Mr. Patton elaborated at some length that we should understand that with 13 carriers in the SHOP, each of whom was offering multiple plans, the regulators had a lot of work to do, and only a certain amount of time in which to complete it. He continued by saying that although he expected that plans and rates would be approved and announced by October 1, and that he had no reason at all to believe that they wouldn't be, he hoped that everyone would remember the immense workload, understand that all parties were doing their best andtrying very hard to achieve that goal.
    The slide showed a 2013 $500 deductible, $30 office visit copay plan with what was offered as an equivalent 2014 plan, a $1500 deductible, $20 office visit copay plan.
    Not exactly equal for a mid-income individual.

The author asks:
    1 -- If California, the alleged national leader, is this far behind where they promised to be and where they should be to have a viable, functional product available by October 1, how far behind the deadline are all the rest of the states and the federal government?

2 -- If CoveredCA is this far over their heads in getting ready to sell these brand new plans to millions of people all over California, how ready are they going to be to administer, service, and satisfy those millions of people as customers once they sign up for coverage?

G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

Saturday Night Life Skit on O-care ...
    http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/...obamacare.html
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

I was told last week that agents who sold on the "Shop" would not be compensated. Our commissions on the market place will be cut in half to 2.5% on all renewals. Right now, I couldn't get a nickel on the dollar for my entire health book so I plan to hedge and sell as much crap business as I can until this thing implodes. Can wait for the community organizers/navigators start placing bidness on the exchange, it should be a three ring circus.
    "Character is doing the right thing when nobody is watching"....J.C. Watts

Quote Originally Posted by Raymond Little View Post
    I was told last week that agents who sold on the "Shop" would not be compensated. Our commissions on the market place will be cut in half to 2.5% on all renewals. Right now, I couldn't get a nickel on the dollar for my entire health book so I plan to hedge and sell as much crap business as I can until this thing implodes. Can wait for the community organizers/navigators start placing bidness on the exchange, it should be a three ring circus.
    Raymond, you should be ashamed for expecting to make money while working. Haven't you heard of the "Greater good"?

Obama and his crew knew exactly what they were doing from day one... We are just beginning to see the havoc they are wreaking on us...
    Bill Davis

Look for the proverbial "Have you been harmed through no fault of your own" commercials in a year when the peeps get their tax bill. The next big money grab will be sueing insurance agents for malpractice.
    "Character is doing the right thing when nobody is watching"....J.C. Watts

Quote Originally Posted by Raymond Little View Post
    Look for the proverbial "Have you been harmed through no fault of your own" commercials in a year when the peeps get their tax bill. The next big money grab will be sueing insurance agents for malpractice.
    We oughta sue our Govt for malpractice.
    Bill Davis

California's exchanges will be ready the same day our 200mph speed train from modesto to bakersville will be.