The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media

Thread: Stud dogs??

Default Stud dogs??

Looking at several litters and wanted to find out about some of the studs involved. I have heard a lot of good Grady pups out there. Can anyone tell me if they have any "POW" Hardscrabble Powder My Buns puppies and how they are and also Tubb puppies that are out there. How they as far as drive, speed, trainability, etc. Just fishing for information so when I get ready I will have an idea which way to go.

Thanks

Don't forget the sire is only half of the equation...

That is for sure true.... I was just wondering to expect. Kinda interested in POW because of his color. Just wondered if he was high drive or not and if so what does he normally put into his pups out of a nice bred female. Whatever her breeding is...

Rumor is a lot of people; at least those around here are putting sights on Tubb pups, seems his breedings are much fewer, but people are watching for matches. Pow; I've always liked the name, but haven't run in to many of his pups, he's not in this circuit; but no denying he got talent, and looks .

Myself I consider it nice to have something a bit different. This is only because I think with the next generation, too much of one dog might limit my choices for breeding. I'm only now thinking about bringing in a bit of Lean Mac, as he's now been dispersed with other dogs for a few generations. But then I like variety.
    Last edited by Hunt'EmUp; 09-30-2013 at 12:30 PM.
    "They's Just DAWGS"
    "Hunting is a skill to be learned whether you do it early or late it still needs to be learned"
    "I train dogs, Not papers"

GMRH-I HRCH Quick MH (most importantly Duck/Upland Enthusiast) Rip. July-2014
    MHR HRCH Lakota MH (most importantly Upland/Duck Enthusiast)
    HR Storm.. the Pup (Beginning Upland & Waterfowl Enthusiast)

I have a 7 month old Tubbs female that I couldn't be happier with! She is great in the house and all the go you can handle outside! Her mother is QAA out of Chopper so brings a lot to the equation in the pairing. Very fast to mature and wants more all the time!