The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: A very special Friend needs your help and prayers Please read!

Default A very special Friend needs your help and prayers Please read!

I recieved an E-mail this evening from a friend of mine about one of RTF's old time members..

Uncle Bill ,,,say what you will,, has always been very good to Gooser ever science we met here on RTF over 12 yrs ago.. He introduced me to HRC, took me under his wing,, and introduced me to many folks I consider good friends of mine.. This man has a heart of gold,, and would give you the shirt off his back if he thought it would help you in need..

Here is the E-mail I recieved... Please keep him in your thoughts and prayers. Those that know him through this board, would you consider sending him a card? or,, If you all would like,, I will print all well wishes posted here,, and send them with a card to the hospital

Bill Spitzer has had an aortic abdominal aneurism that has needed repair for some time, but that has not been possible as other health problems kept his resistance too low for surgery. His resistance thru Chemo was raised recently to where the repair could be attempted. He went in the hospital for repair of the aneurism on Sept 19. Problems developed during surgery and he had a heart attack in the hospital following the surgery. His wife says they did get the aneurism patched but he is still in very tough shape. He is heavily sedated and not able to communicate yet with family, and anticipated he will remain sedated for some time. They can visit but he can’t communicate yet. His wife is feeling more optimistic today than a week ago, but it’s a tough challenge for
    Bill and the family. And she and, I’m sure Bill, would welcome any prayers anyone would send up for his recovery.

Bill was doing well enough to spend a week of relaxed dove hunting at his old hunting grounds while waiting for the surgery to be scheduled, and had a great time. Hopefully he’s able to get back into action in the future.

Again, he’s not able to have calls or visitors yet, but for those who wish to send get well wishes, here is the hospital information:
    Rapid City Regional Hospital
    353 Fairmont Blvd.
    Rapid City, SD 57701
    (605) 719-10002
    http://www.regionalhealth.com/Our-Locations/Regional-Hospitals/Rapid-City-Regional-Hospital.aspx

Bill,,

Get well my friend! You are in Diane's and My prayers...

Gooser
    It is far easier to spit on the work of others than it is to produce something better yourself.
    Brynmoors Prairie Sage JH ​(Sage) Just a dang fool huntin Dawg
    HRCH Calypso Seven Bales High SH (Bailey)
    HR Calypso Zoomin Loosies Mad Hader (Maddi) We loved you baby. R.I.P.
    FlatLanders Broken Pistol Ricochet SH (Flinch)

My Christian Name is Michael Baker..
    I have gone by "Gooser" since I was a "gossling"

Eastern Shore of Maryland http://www.oakdaleretrievers.com

Uncle Bill,

So sorry to hear that you are not feeling well and can't be your "ornery" self! Can't have you away from RTF for too long!

Seriously though, I hope to hear soon that you are on your way to a full recovery. I will be keeping you in my thoughts and prayers for a speedy recovery.
    Vicky
    RTF Moderator
    http://www.oakdaleretrievers.com/Remembrance.html "You'll Cry"

Get well soon, Bill. Prayers sent from Illinois
    God bless!- Jamee

When you stop having fun, it's time to quit!!
    "If your dog doesn't like someone you probably shouldn't either"- Author unknown

My team:
    HR Dr. J's RxRated High Caliber JH "Kali"
    White Oak's Change of Plans "Bodee"
    #1 cheerleader: SJ's Gotta-Lot-A Go Lil "Jake"

Gone but never forgotten:
    HR Stevie-Joe's Super "Star"- my heart dog, I love you baby
    October 24, 2001-January 6, 2013

Get well soon, Uncle Bill.... there is more hunting to be done, and goodness knows, Gooser needs to be kept in line...
    Susan

FC Tribute to Justice, JH "Honor"
    FC AFC Contempt of Court "Ruckus"
    Medal Of Honor, QAA "Valor"
    HRCH Kirby's High Sierra, SH, QAA "Kirby"
    HRCH Niki Snowbird, SH, QAA "Niki"
    Southland Order In the Court, QAA "Gavel" July 17, 2002- March 24, 2013
    Southland Rusty Nail - derby points, qual placements "Rusty"
    www.justiceretrievers.com

Eastern Shore of Maryland http://www.oakdaleretrievers.com

You can also send Uncle Bill an email. I know that as he starts to feel better, he will appreciate hearing from all of us here on RTF!

http://www.regionalhealth.com/Email-a-Patient.aspx

[QUOTE]
    Getting in touch with a family member or friend during their hospital stay can make all the difference. You can send them an email by simply filling out the fields below, and clicking the submit button.
    Currently this service is only available to patients at Rapid City Regional Hospital, Hospice House in Rapid City, Sturgis Regional Hospital and Senior Care in Sturgis. We will print your message and deliver it to the patient Monday-Friday, 8 a.m.-5 p.m. and Saturday, 2 p.m.-5 p.m. We will deliver messages received outside those hours the next business day. /QUOTE]
    Vicky
    RTF Moderator
    http://www.oakdaleretrievers.com/Remembrance.html "You'll Cry"

get well soon bill! you are one of the good guys!!!!! we are praying for you!
    john mccallie

Tough news Gooser. I hope Unca Bill is back running hunting and running dogs next year.
    Howard Niemi

You really gotta be careful about how high a pedestal you put your method, your accomplishments, your dog on. There's usually someone who's done more, somewhere. And they may have used a different method than you did! Chris Atkinson 2013

get your dog out and TRAIN! caryalsobrook 2013

Uncle Bill, get well soon and get back on RTF... We need reinforcements on Potus page!! Our thoughts and prayers are with you! Hang in there.
    Bill Davis

Good thoughts for Uncle Bill, heal well and soon and able to get back in the field doing what he loves.
    Kim Pfister, Rainmaker Labs

Hope to see you back at it soon Bill
    Views and opinions expressed herein by Badbullgator do not necessarily represent the policies or position of RTF. RTF and all of it's subsidiaries can not be held liable for the off centered humor and politically incorrect comments of the author.
    Corey Burke