RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

A very special Friend needs your help and prayers Please read!

11K views 65 replies 45 participants last post by  DSO 
#1 ·
I recieved an E-mail this evening from a friend of mine about one of RTF's old time members..

Uncle Bill ,,,say what you will,, has always been very good to Gooser ever science we met here on RTF over 12 yrs ago.. He introduced me to HRC, took me under his wing,, and introduced me to many folks I consider good friends of mine.. This man has a heart of gold,, and would give you the shirt off his back if he thought it would help you in need..

Here is the E-mail I recieved... Please keep him in your thoughts and prayers. Those that know him through this board, would you consider sending him a card? or,, If you all would like,, I will print all well wishes posted here,, and send them with a card to the hospital

Bill Spitzer has had an aortic abdominal aneurism that has needed repair for some time, but that has not been possible as other health problems kept his resistance too low for surgery. His resistance thru Chemo was raised recently to where the repair could be attempted. He went in the hospital for repair of the aneurism on Sept 19. Problems developed during surgery and he had a heart attack in the hospital following the surgery. His wife says they did get the aneurism patched but he is still in very tough shape. He is heavily sedated and not able to communicate yet with family, and anticipated he will remain sedated for some time. They can visit but he can’t communicate yet. His wife is feeling more optimistic today than a week ago, but it’s a tough challenge for
Bill and the family. And she and, I’m sure Bill, would welcome any prayers anyone would send up for his recovery.

Bill was doing well enough to spend a week of relaxed dove hunting at his old hunting grounds while waiting for the surgery to be scheduled, and had a great time. Hopefully he’s able to get back into action in the future.

Again, he’s not able to have calls or visitors yet, but for those who wish to send get well wishes, here is the hospital information:
Rapid City Regional Hospital
353 Fairmont Blvd.
Rapid City, SD 57701
(605) 719-10002
http://www.regionalhealth.com/Our-Locations/Regional-Hospitals/Rapid-City-Regional-Hospital.aspx

Bill,,

Get well my friend! You are in Diane's and My prayers...

Gooser

See less See more
#54 ·
Update:

Received this information in a E-Mail this morning.

But she (Bills Wife) said Bill was improving, though very slowly. Apparently the procedure for fluid removal from lungs went well and that’s helped. Said he had opened his eyes when she spoke to him this morning when she got to hospital, and said Dr. had called to tell her he’s making progress, just slowly. No other details. But good to hear positive movement.

Hang Tough Bill

Gooser

#55 · (Edited)
I relieved the following in my EMail this afternoon

Update:

I talked to Xxxxxxxxx today. He had talked to Bill’s wife last night.

Turns out that they have removed the trach tube and he’s off the respirator. Jeanne said he still has trouble talking, but Pat didn’t know what that was due to, maybe all the time with various tubes down his throat. But yesterday they had him up in a chair while he watched the Vikings game. So definitely some notable progress and Pat said Jeanne sounded much relieved that . Hopefully the good progress will continue and pick up steam.

- - - Conserve Game; Use a Trained Retriever - - -

#57 ·
Hang in there Bill.......good to hear another ol geezer is recovering....:)

#59 ·
get well UB!!!!!!

#60 · (Edited)
I just received the following info!
Ifn he's eatin hospital food, he's fine. :):):

Keep kickin Arse Bill!

Gooser
Just now got a text from his daughter. Told her I’d pass her info along and she appreciates that. She said Bill has been moved to a room now and is in room 537. Also he started eating some food today. She says his memory is quite fuzzy and he’s a little down. Hell, seems to me to be a miracle after all that if he wasn’t fuzzy and a little depressed! But good to hear he’s making specific improvements. I sent him another card today. Figure maybe he’d be getting alert enough to be more aware of them. Think I told you after I talked to Bill’s wife today that nurses were working on getting him standing today. His wife is just exceptionally pleased with the doctors and nurses and all they’ve done and how good they are about keeping the family informed.

In case someone asks and doesn’t have the hospital address, it is:
Bill Spitzer
Room 537
Rapid City Regional Hospital
353 Fairmont Blvd.
Rapid City, SD 57701

- - - Conserve Game; Use a Trained Retriever - - -

#63 · (Edited)
Bills very good friend just called me to say that Bill is doing very well. He has been issued a regular room in the Hospital, and is going through Physical therapy on his legs to allow him to get off the bed pan, and " moving" around the room on his own! :):):
This is what ya get fer havin Gooser forward info!:):
I understand he can now take phone calls to his room, great news!

Bill, I am elated you are getting better! Hang in there!

Mr and Mrs Gooser

#65 ·
Bill I'm a little late getting on here. I'm just glade a veteran of our sport is getting well. We need our veterans. Hope to see ya on the line in the future.
Robert McDow

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.