RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

A very special Friend needs your help and prayers Please read!

11K views 65 replies 45 participants last post by  DSO 
#1 ·
I recieved an E-mail this evening from a friend of mine about one of RTF's old time members..

Uncle Bill ,,,say what you will,, has always been very good to Gooser ever science we met here on RTF over 12 yrs ago.. He introduced me to HRC, took me under his wing,, and introduced me to many folks I consider good friends of mine.. This man has a heart of gold,, and would give you the shirt off his back if he thought it would help you in need..

Here is the E-mail I recieved... Please keep him in your thoughts and prayers. Those that know him through this board, would you consider sending him a card? or,, If you all would like,, I will print all well wishes posted here,, and send them with a card to the hospital

Bill Spitzer has had an aortic abdominal aneurism that has needed repair for some time, but that has not been possible as other health problems kept his resistance too low for surgery. His resistance thru Chemo was raised recently to where the repair could be attempted. He went in the hospital for repair of the aneurism on Sept 19. Problems developed during surgery and he had a heart attack in the hospital following the surgery. His wife says they did get the aneurism patched but he is still in very tough shape. He is heavily sedated and not able to communicate yet with family, and anticipated he will remain sedated for some time. They can visit but he can’t communicate yet. His wife is feeling more optimistic today than a week ago, but it’s a tough challenge for
Bill and the family. And she and, I’m sure Bill, would welcome any prayers anyone would send up for his recovery.

Bill was doing well enough to spend a week of relaxed dove hunting at his old hunting grounds while waiting for the surgery to be scheduled, and had a great time. Hopefully he’s able to get back into action in the future.

Again, he’s not able to have calls or visitors yet, but for those who wish to send get well wishes, here is the hospital information:
Rapid City Regional Hospital
353 Fairmont Blvd.
Rapid City, SD 57701
(605) 719-10002
http://www.regionalhealth.com/Our-Locations/Regional-Hospitals/Rapid-City-Regional-Hospital.aspx

Bill,,

Get well my friend! You are in Diane's and My prayers...

Gooser

See less See more
#2 ·
Uncle Bill,

So sorry to hear that you are not feeling well and can't be your "ornery" self! Can't have you away from RTF for too long!

Seriously though, I hope to hear soon that you are on your way to a full recovery. I will be keeping you in my thoughts and prayers for a speedy recovery.

#3 ·
Get well soon, Bill. Prayers sent from Illinois

#4 ·
Get well soon, Uncle Bill.... there is more hunting to be done, and goodness knows, Gooser needs to be kept in line...

#5 ·
You can also send Uncle Bill an email. I know that as he starts to feel better, he will appreciate hearing from all of us here on RTF!

http://www.regionalhealth.com/Email-a-Patient.aspx

Getting in touch with a family member or friend during their hospital stay can make all the difference. You can send them an email by simply filling out the fields below, and clicking the submit button.
Currently this service is only available to patients at Rapid City Regional Hospital, Hospice House in Rapid City, Sturgis Regional Hospital and Senior Care in Sturgis. We will print your message and deliver it to the patient Monday-Friday, 8 a.m.-5 p.m. and Saturday, 2 p.m.-5 p.m. We will deliver messages received outside those hours the next business day. /QUOTE]

#7 ·
Tough news Gooser. I hope Unca Bill is back running hunting and running dogs next year.

#9 ·
Good thoughts for Uncle Bill, heal well and soon and able to get back in the field doing what he loves.

#10 ·
Hope to see you back at it soon Bill

#17 ·
Get well, dammit!

UB, David and I were talking the other day, remembering the fun we had at your place and all the birds you all shot. Please get well soon, I'm loosing too many "good Ones" here lately. Love to your contankerous self. Bill Watson

#18 ·
This is Uncle Bill to Me!!!

an absolutely Great representative of HRC. He always welcomes people. respectfully answers handlers questions when judging, and most importantly makes your experiences running his tests fun..

Bill,, You HAVE to get better!!! Shooting Shooting sport Clay pigeon shooting Outdoor recreation Recreation
Outdoor recreation Recreation Grass Shooting Shooting sport
Outdoor recreation Recreation Shooting Clay pigeon shooting Shooting sport

#20 ·
Uncle Bill,
It has been my good fortune to have had the opportunity to banter back and forth with you over the years here on the RTF.

Here hoping that you get well soon.

john

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.