RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

A very special Friend needs your help and prayers Please read!

11K views 65 replies 45 participants last post by  DSO 
#1 ·
I recieved an E-mail this evening from a friend of mine about one of RTF's old time members..

Uncle Bill ,,,say what you will,, has always been very good to Gooser ever science we met here on RTF over 12 yrs ago.. He introduced me to HRC, took me under his wing,, and introduced me to many folks I consider good friends of mine.. This man has a heart of gold,, and would give you the shirt off his back if he thought it would help you in need..

Here is the E-mail I recieved... Please keep him in your thoughts and prayers. Those that know him through this board, would you consider sending him a card? or,, If you all would like,, I will print all well wishes posted here,, and send them with a card to the hospital

Bill Spitzer has had an aortic abdominal aneurism that has needed repair for some time, but that has not been possible as other health problems kept his resistance too low for surgery. His resistance thru Chemo was raised recently to where the repair could be attempted. He went in the hospital for repair of the aneurism on Sept 19. Problems developed during surgery and he had a heart attack in the hospital following the surgery. His wife says they did get the aneurism patched but he is still in very tough shape. He is heavily sedated and not able to communicate yet with family, and anticipated he will remain sedated for some time. They can visit but he can’t communicate yet. His wife is feeling more optimistic today than a week ago, but it’s a tough challenge for
Bill and the family. And she and, I’m sure Bill, would welcome any prayers anyone would send up for his recovery.

Bill was doing well enough to spend a week of relaxed dove hunting at his old hunting grounds while waiting for the surgery to be scheduled, and had a great time. Hopefully he’s able to get back into action in the future.

Again, he’s not able to have calls or visitors yet, but for those who wish to send get well wishes, here is the hospital information:
Rapid City Regional Hospital
353 Fairmont Blvd.
Rapid City, SD 57701
(605) 719-10002
http://www.regionalhealth.com/Our-Locations/Regional-Hospitals/Rapid-City-Regional-Hospital.aspx

Bill,,

Get well my friend! You are in Diane's and My prayers...

Gooser

See less See more
#28 ·
Uncle Bill-

PLEASE get better soon. I will never forget your kindness in NY. The last words I heard before they closed the ambulance door were yours telling me that you would look after Kate. You have no idea how reassuring that was and what a difference it made.

You have too many things to do and too many people who care about you to sit around in a hospital room, so quit your loungin' around!

M & Finn (& Kate in spirit)

#32 ·
Bill I have you in my prayers. Get well soon and have a speedy recovery.....

#34 ·
I hope and pray that Uncle Bill pulls out of this soon and strongly.

Uncle Bill,

You have been a friend to RTF and a friend to RTF members for many years. I was not present, but was closely connected to some who were at the event in NY where the terrible car accident took place - as referenced by Miriam. You were a key to pulling that whole thing together.

Please pull through and spend some more time with your family and in the uplands and waterfowl blinds.

Sincerely,

Chris

#37 ·
Gooser, any updates?

#40 ·
Just received the following from one of Bills very good friends.

Gooser,
I talked to Jeanne late morning today. I had to leave as soon as I hung up and been gone all day so didn’t get chance to let you know.

She said not much change yet but a little. She was about to head to the hospital. Still problems continue with liquid on lungs and she thought they were going to insert tubes today to drain lungs. She said they may also do a tracheotomy (sp?) to improve his breathing. She said they were easing up a little on his sedation, but that he still wasn’t focused.

I told her lot of folks asking about him and she appreciated everyone’s concern. Not sure when I’ll hear from her again. Seems like maybe as things change some.

She seemed interested to hear people asking and sending up prayers for him. I was wondering if you print out the RTF thread to send to Bill, if you might also send a copy to Jeanne. I could see where they would want to wait for Bill to be aware to open cards, but bet she and daughter and his grandsons would enjoy reading them. Just a thought. If you think it’s a good idea, I can send you their home address if you don’t have it.

I asked if OK to share the update info and she said yes, so if you wish to update on RTF, should be fine.

#46 ·
Prayers are working.

The following from this morning:

Gooser,

Got a real brief text this morning from Bill’s daughter. It’s below. No other info, but any good words are good to hear!
Yesterday was a good day. Some good gains for Dad.”

#49 ·
Get well soon, our prayers are with you

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.