RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

Kennel Name: opinions welcome!

3K views 11 replies 10 participants last post by  Crihfield 
#1 ·
I'm torn between two names for my kennel, which will offer infrequent chessie litters and limited retriever training, specializing in chessies. I'm just a part-time guy who thinks he might have a good thing going for the future and/or post retirement. As I intend to breed select bitches, I'd like to help myself along with a kennel name that is recognizable.

My farm is on Troy Creek but I already own a contracting business called Black Sheep Painting and Carpentry...so the choices are:

Troy Creek Retrievers...and
Black Sheep Retrievers

Thoughts?

Thanks,
Bobby

#7 ·
I checked OFA database, and there are no dogs in their database with a prefix of Troy Creek and only 3 dogs with a prefix of Black Sheep

Suggest you also do an internet search on the kennel name as a courtesy before you choose.

#9 ·
When you do find your name, make sure that when it comes time to register the name with your server that you buy all of the variations; .net, .com., troy creek retrievers, troy creek chesapekes, troy creek kennels, etc.... I googled and searched OFA before doing Firehouselabs and no one at the time had a website other than Firehouse Aussies and a couple of labs on OFA with Firehouse as a prefix. I made the mistake of not registering firehouselabs.net under my name and someone else took it and made their own website selling their pet labs, many people have called and asked about those other dogs and wondered why the address was different. I am considering phasing out the name and changing it to one that I know no one currently has and registering all the variations. Sucks because the other firehouselabs doesn't even register their dogs with firehouse in their names, but I don't want to be associated with another kennel either.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.