The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 37

Thread: Shutdown, what Shutdown?

  1. #11
    Senior Member Gerry Clinchy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    6,712

    Default

    The National Park Service is allowing an immigration reform rally to go on as planned Tuesday on the National Mall, even though it’s closed due to the federal shutdown.
    Susana Flores, a spokesperson for the “Camino Americano: March for Immigration Reform,” confirmed that the Park Service will allow the event to take place under the group’s rights granted by the First Amendment, the Washington Examiner reported.
    Several members of Congress are expected to attend the rally, including House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi, California Democrat, and Sen. Robert Menendez, New Jersey Democrat.

    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

    ​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

  2. #12
    Senior Member swampcollielover's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    MO
    Posts
    1,559

    Default

    One thing about the Obama Administration they are consistent. Those who vote for us consistently get special treatment, to H___, with the rest of you!

  3. #13
    Senior Member Gerry Clinchy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    6,712

    Default

    Those looking to vent frustration at the White House about the partial federal shutdown have two fewer ways to complain as the executive branch's switchboard and phone line for comments have been taken offline while the stalemate continues.


    "Hello, you have reached the Executive Office of the President," a recording says. "We apologize, but due to the lapse in federal funding, we are unable to take your call ..."


    The message adds that the lines will resume operation once a budget agreement has been reached and funding returns. "Please call back at that time. Thank you," it says.
    Doesn't seem like the best way to stay in touch with the citizenry.
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

    ​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

  4. #14
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Oakdale,ct.
    Posts
    2,723

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gerry Clinchy View Post
    Doesn't seem like the best way to stay in touch with the citizenry.
    WHEN have they ever been in touch with the citizenry?????? What makes you think they even care? Can you tell that I'm fed up with all this crap?
    Here's an email I recently sent to my congressman.......

    Mr. Courtney,



    I have been watching congress throw bricks at each other for the better part of the last two decades. What is going on now is inexcusable, blatant disregard for the people of the United Sates, whom ALL of you have sworn to serve.



    I and most people I know, are fed up with the Legislative branch’s unwillingness to do their job. That our Federal Government has not had a budget to work within for YEARS because of the legislative and Executive branch’s inability to work together is a disgrace and threatens the strength of our Republic going forward. It has been cause for our credit rating being degraded last year. I believe that it has slowed down any economic recovery that might be realized.



    Meanwhile all the members of that august group known popularly as ‘lawmakers’ are not suffering one whit. Your salary, health benefits and pension are assured, no matter how the rest of us fare.



    The ‘Natives” are very, very restless sir, and for good reasons!



    Sincerely,

    Paul A.Young

    United States citizen and voter
    there's no good reason to fatten up a retriever.

  5. #15
    Senior Member swampcollielover's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    MO
    Posts
    1,559

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by paul young View Post
    WHEN have they ever been in touch with the citizenry?????? What makes you think they even care? Can you tell that I'm fed up with all this crap?
    Here's an email I recently sent to my congressman.......

    Mr. Courtney,



    I have been watching congress throw bricks at each other for the better part of the last two decades. What is going on now is inexcusable, blatant disregard for the people of the United Sates, whom ALL of you have sworn to serve.



    I and most people I know, are fed up with the Legislative branch’s unwillingness to do their job. That our Federal Government has not had a budget to work within for YEARS because of the legislative and Executive branch’s inability to work together is a disgrace and threatens the strength of our Republic going forward. It has been cause for our credit rating being degraded last year. I believe that it has slowed down any economic recovery that might be realized.



    Meanwhile all the members of that august group known popularly as ‘lawmakers’ are not suffering one whit. Your salary, health benefits and pension are assured, no matter how the rest of us fare.



    The ‘Natives” are very, very restless sir, and for good reasons!



    Sincerely,

    Paul A.Young

    United States citizen and voter
    Paul, I think your heart is in the 'right' place, but I disagree with your assumption that somehow the House of Rep's can come together with the Senate and Obama. They President and Senate have offered nothing other than to give them all they want. The Repub's, thank God,...are standing up to that pressure to their own possible political peril. I have also written many letters to my Senate, House, and the leaders of both in Congress. My message was to stand firm, no more debit limit increase, instead start making real spending cuts.....the House of Reps if following this expectation from voters!
    Last edited by swampcollielover; 10-09-2013 at 09:43 AM.

  6. #16
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Oakdale,ct.
    Posts
    2,723

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by swampcollielover View Post
    Paul, I think your heart is in the 'right' place, but I disagree with your assumption that somehow the House of Rep's can come together with the Senate and Obama. They President and Senate have offered nothing other than to give them all they want. The Repub's, thank God,...are standing up to that pressure to their own possible political peril. I have also written many letters to my Senate, House, and the leaders of both in Congress. My message was to stand firm, no more debit limit increase, instead start making real spending cuts.....the House of Reps if following this expectation from voters!
    The approval rating for both the House and the Senate would suggest otherwise. They're both down in the single digits as of today. I'm glad that at least you are happy with what's going on. Most of us are taking a real screwing.-Paul
    there's no good reason to fatten up a retriever.

  7. #17
    Senior Member Buzz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Brookings, South Dakota
    Posts
    6,755

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by swampcollielover View Post
    Paul, I think your heart is in the 'right' place, but I disagree with your assumption that somehow the House of Rep's can come together with the Senate and Obama. They President and Senate have offered nothing other than to give them all they want. The Repub's, thank God,...are standing up to that pressure to their own possible political peril. I have also written many letters to my Senate, House, and the leaders of both in Congress. My message was to stand firm, no more debit limit increase, instead start making real spending cuts.....the House of Reps if following this expectation from voters!

    Seriously? I guess that's the kind of misinformation you get from Faux News.

    So, what do you make of this chart???


    "For everyone to whom much is given, of him shall much be required." -- Luke 12:48

    Raven - Moneybird's Black Magic Marker***
    (Esprit's Power Play x Trumarc's Lean Cuisine)
    Mick - Moneybird's Jumpin' Jack Flash***
    (Clubmead's Road Warrior x Oakdale Whitewater Devil Dog)
    Peerless - Moneybird's Sole Survivor
    (Two River's Lucky Willie x Moneybird's Black Magic Marker)

  8. #18
    Senior Member Gerry Clinchy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    6,712

    Default

    http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/...z_control.html
    It's the video in this article that is of interest.

    Buzz, I think the problem with the Senate CR is that the cost of O-care involved is included in that, and there seem to be good signs that the O-care costs are going to be quite a bit worse than anticipated when the original law proposed. That's not an unreasonable assumption by what we have seen from programs like Medicaid.

    Could the possibility of much larger costs for O-care be part of the reason that POTUS wants an unlimited increase in the debt ceiling?

    If the mantra is: we MUST honor our bills for what we have already purchased, this will be the same mantra used to increase debt to cover whatever debacle O-care gives some hint of turning into. Then you have to raise taxes. At what point will increasing taxes (in whatever way they dream up), suck that much more capital from an already struggling economy to the great detriment to every income level, of which the poorest will suffer the most?

    Most of the people on this forum have pretty stable incomes (at least so far) ... although there are some we have heard from in the past, are living more close-to-the-vest. Can we really envision the situation that a family of 4 living on $50,000/year will be facing?

    We also tend to lose sight of the fact that housing costs have not been static. School taxes have continued to rise unabated during the economic downturn. The cost of renting has increased, as all those who have vacated homes via short sales & foreclosures have put upward pressure on rent prices. Those low-mid-income families are having a rough time as well with the increase in the cost of food and energy.
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

    ​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

  9. #19
    Senior Member road kill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    New Berlin, WI
    Posts
    10,584

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    Seriously? I guess that's the kind of misinformation you get from Faux News.

    So, what do you make of this chart???


    HAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

    The "Center for American Progress."

    Who is that funded by?

    You too funny!!!!!!

    Are you here all week?




    (for those of you that don't know, it is funded by George Soros and the DNC)

  10. #20
    Senior Member Buzz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Brookings, South Dakota
    Posts
    6,755

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    HAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

    The "Center for American Progress."

    Who is that funded by?

    You too funny!!!!!!

    Are you here all week?




    (for those of you that don't know, it is funded by George Soros and the DNC)
    I can't help it if you can't handle the truth...
    "For everyone to whom much is given, of him shall much be required." -- Luke 12:48

    Raven - Moneybird's Black Magic Marker***
    (Esprit's Power Play x Trumarc's Lean Cuisine)
    Mick - Moneybird's Jumpin' Jack Flash***
    (Clubmead's Road Warrior x Oakdale Whitewater Devil Dog)
    Peerless - Moneybird's Sole Survivor
    (Two River's Lucky Willie x Moneybird's Black Magic Marker)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •