The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 20 of 20

Thread: IRS Audits

  1. #11
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Oakdale,ct.
    Posts
    2,808

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Brad Turner View Post
    Have you been under a rock Paul? It has been admitted that people and groups have been harassed because of their political affiliations.
    No. I have been working my azz off and dutifully paying all the tax required every year. I was audited anyway. Never spoke to the same IRS person twice, sent them all information they requested, waited 30 days for them to get back to me (they didn't), resubmitted everything again, waited for them to get back to me (they didn't), and then their deadline expired. Got a letter of deficiency and finally hired a tax attorney. The attorney said he had never seen anything so simple and so obviously wrong get that far. The wrangling went on for months. The case was finally set for trial and THEIR attorney dropped the case after reviewing everything.

    That was my experience. And you don't get that experience under a rock.......-Paul
    there's no good reason to fatten up a retriever.

  2. #12
    Senior Member Franco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Lafayette, La.
    Posts
    10,738

    Default

    Well, The Dems and the Repubs love the IRS! It is their way of showing love and repaying the lobbyist and the reason why the Tax Code is so damn long and complex. It is they only way they get all their special favors in, with loopholes, all the while sticking it to the average working Joe. If spending levels would drop to the 1992-93 level, we wouldn't need them. In fact, we don't need the IRS now! Only one political party is for abolishing the IRS. You guessed it, the only party willing to defend the tax payer! Dems want your money for their social programs and the Repubs want your money for corporate welfare. That's one of many reasons why I support the only party that has the tax payer's interest!
    It's such a shame that in the USA, defending Liberty has become such a heroic deed.

  3. #13
    Senior Member luvmylabs23139's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    3,793

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by paul young View Post
    No. I have been working my azz off and dutifully paying all the tax required every year. I was audited anyway. Never spoke to the same IRS person twice, sent them all information they requested, waited 30 days for them to get back to me (they didn't), resubmitted everything again, waited for them to get back to me (they didn't), and then their deadline expired. Got a letter of deficiency and finally hired a tax attorney. The attorney said he had never seen anything so simple and so obviously wrong get that far. The wrangling went on for months. The case was finally set for trial and THEIR attorney dropped the case after reviewing everything.

    That was my experience. And you don't get that experience under a rock.......-Paul
    Not sure how replied first time. Did you use certified return receipt? If so and you had the return receipt no follow up on your end was required at that time. Never would have resubmitted. You had proof of response. Any follow up letter should have been responded to with nothing more than a copy of the return receipt again sent certified return receipt. YOU need to throw the ball in their court. As soon as you have proof you responded and they ignored they back way down.
    Hihope Hiland Heathen of Perth CD, RE, CGC, TDI

  4. #14
    Senior Member Buzz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Brookings, South Dakota
    Posts
    6,795

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Brad Turner View Post
    Have you been under a rock Paul? It has been admitted that people and groups have been harassed because of their political affiliations.

    Yup. If you for a group with a political name, and try and get tax exempt status, expect to get harassed. I don't care if you are conservative or liberal. Politics organizations should not get non-profit status.
    "For everyone to whom much is given, of him shall much be required." -- Luke 12:48

    Raven - Moneybird's Black Magic Marker***
    (Esprit's Power Play x Trumarc's Lean Cuisine)
    Mick - Moneybird's Jumpin' Jack Flash***
    (Clubmead's Road Warrior x Oakdale Whitewater Devil Dog)
    Peerless - Moneybird's Sole Survivor
    (Two River's Lucky Willie x Moneybird's Black Magic Marker)

  5. #15
    Senior Member Brad Turner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    540

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    Yup. If you for a group with a political name, and try and get tax exempt status, expect to get harassed. I don't care if you are conservative or liberal. Politics organizations should not get non-profit status.
    I'm not saying that I disagree with the statement in bold. This, however, is not the point. Conservative groups and individuals have been discriminated against by the IRS. This is a fact. I don't care if you're conservative or liberal, this should not be ok with you. This discrimination is as blatant an example of corruption as I have ever seen. Corruption should never be acceptable, regardless of who the guilty party is.
    Mioaks Southbound Sammy JH
    Leatherwood's Here's Your One Chance Fancy

    "Luck is the residue of design"- Branch Rickey

  6. #16
    Senior Member DaveHare's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Johnstown, Co
    Posts
    351

    Default

    Trust Me You Need Some Help!!!!Go To www.askbc.com This Is My Company, or Call Me At 720-237-1416
    Dave Hare
    CFC-CAFC Maralan's C.E.O.
    Horsetooth's Otto Know 2012 National Derby List
    Berkshire's Bad Medicine Doc
    R.I P-Hard Labs Fast Lane Phred-SH
    R.I.P-Catalina's Curve Ball
    R.I.P-Klondike's Chocolate Charger-MH 4 Time Ducks Unlimited Retriever of the year MN.
    www.berkshireretrievers.com

  7. #17
    Senior Member swampcollielover's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    MO
    Posts
    1,855

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DaveHare View Post
    Trust Me You Need Some Help!!!!Go To www.askbc.com This Is My Company, or Call Me At 720-237-1416
    Dave Hare
    Dave, thanks...but my CPA's letters to the IRS have done the trick, these things were so stupid, that is what made me so suspicious they had harassment motives!

  8. #18

    Default

    Yep, you need to hire a tax attorney if they are going to go after a full audit. Been there and done that. I truly believe they watch and listen to way more than you could ever imagine. It is a fact that they have been using public data such as court documents, facebook, myspace and internet forums help compile data for audits. They have been data mining just like the NSA for a long long time. Hire an attorney and fight them to the bitter end.

  9. #19
    Senior Member swampcollielover's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    MO
    Posts
    1,855

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Huck18 View Post
    Yep, you need to hire a tax attorney if they are going to go after a full audit. Been there and done that. I truly believe they watch and listen to way more than you could ever imagine. It is a fact that they have been using public data such as court documents, facebook, myspace and internet forums help compile data for audits. They have been data mining just like the NSA for a long long time. Hire an attorney and fight them to the bitter end.
    I got that and agree....but this is not a full audit, it is what the IRS call a letter audit. The form you get tells you this is not a full audit....both letter audits are now closed, according to the IRS.....the point is the letter audits are a good tool for the IRS to target large groups of Conservative Voters, just to harass them. As you can see above from the comments, we all fear the IRS....so they use these letter audits for harassment.

  10. #20
    Senior Member luvmylabs23139's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    3,793

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Huck18 View Post
    Yep, you need to hire a tax attorney if they are going to go after a full audit. Been there and done that. I truly believe they watch and listen to way more than you could ever imagine. It is a fact that they have been using public data such as court documents, facebook, myspace and internet forums help compile data for audits. They have been data mining just like the NSA for a long long time. Hire an attorney and fight them to the bitter end.
    Most people with a college degree in anything other than bs arts crap do not need a tax lawyer. It is a pia but it is easy to make them look like fools. As long as the deductions etc are legit they melt into the floor at court. The IRS banks on people paying what they demand vs fighting.
    Hihope Hiland Heathen of Perth CD, RE, CGC, TDI

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •