The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: dog trailers

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    sheffield, al
    Posts
    3

    Default dog trailers

    I am curious on how these trainers pay $40,000 for these trailer they pull behing their trucks. i know some make a lot of money. Do you barrow money on them or pay cash? just curious on how it works

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Fall City, WA
    Posts
    4,622

    Default

    It's less expensive than actually building a kennel and paying someone to clean it.

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    2,125

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ColdwaterKennels View Post
    I am curious on how these trainers pay $40,000 for these trailer they pull behing their trucks. i know some make a lot of money. Do you barrow money on them or pay cash? just curious on how it works
    Some folks take out a loan to buy them & others pay cash. Hope that helps
    Stray labs make great pets.
    Proud member of the FF society.

  4. #4
    Senior Member firehouselabs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Currently middle of the "Great" Plains- Ord NE
    Posts
    1,982

    Default

    It's a business so it is equipment and therefore a business expense and written off through depreciation on taxes. I would imagine they would get a business loan if they couldn't pony up the needed cash.
    Raina Anderson WWW.FIREHOUSELABS.COM

    According to this BMI chart, I am too short !!!


  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Pa.
    Posts
    5,317

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by firehouselabs View Post
    It's a business so it is equipment and therefore a business expense and written off through depreciation on taxes. I would imagine they would get a business loan if they couldn't pony up the needed cash.

    That would get a little tricky for the "Amateur" .

    john
    "i guess the old saying 'those of us that think we know everything annoy those of you that does' " --bobbyb 9/13/06

    "A Good Dog is a Good Dog"

  6. #6

    Default

    No diff then the $40,000 horse trailers you see all over. Yes some are fortunate enough to pay cash others take out loans.

  7. #7
    Senior Member firehouselabs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Currently middle of the "Great" Plains- Ord NE
    Posts
    1,982

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by john fallon View Post
    That would get a little tricky for the "Amateur" .

    john
    I don't see many "amateurs" driving around pulling a $40,000 10-16 hole dog trailer either. If they are, then they are the ones with deep enough pockets to pony up the cash.
    Raina Anderson WWW.FIREHOUSELABS.COM

    According to this BMI chart, I am too short !!!


  8. #8
    Senior Member Jay Dufour's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Pine Grove, Louisiana, 70453
    Posts
    2,396

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by firehouselabs View Post
    I don't see many "amateurs" driving around pulling a $40,000 10-16 hole dog trailer either. If they are, then they are the ones with deep enough pockets to pony up the cash.
    Cheaper than boarding all the washouts !

  9. #9
    Senior Member rboudet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Covington, LA
    Posts
    768

    Default

    Or get a wealthy client to front the money with or without interest, and work it off in monthly training fees.

  10. #10
    Senior Member David McCracken's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Wedgefield, SC
    Posts
    634

    Default

    Just like amateur Bass fishermen paying $50-60,000 for a Bass boat. Toys are expensive.
    Carolina American Water Spaniels

    HRCH UH Carolina's Duck Gumbo MHA SHR RN WDS CGC TDI (Gumbo) 1000 Point Club
    UH HR GCH Carolina's Wild March Hare SH JHR RAE OA OAJ WDX CGC TDI (Bunny)
    HR CH Carolina's Running with the Hare SH JHR RN WDX CGC (Blew)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •