The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Gun Dog Broker
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Let the negotiations begin!

Default Let the negotiations begin!

I propose that senate democrats offer a deal to house republicans that offers to completely cut out of existence Obamacare (their key demand!) and replace it with a single payer system, that can be funded by increased taxes on large businesses. This seems completely fair to me, I will be calling my Senator in the morning to get this idea rolling.
    During break time at obedience school, two dogs were talking.
    One said to the other..."The thing I hate about obedience school is you learn ALL this stuff you will never use in the real world."

Big businesses are burden enough! Why should they have to pay for 35,000,000 added to the rolls?

The problem with Obamacare is that it didn't reform what needed reforming like Tort Reform and taking the industry out of the Croney catagory and making it Free Market, which would really benefit the people.

No one should be forced to buy health insurance and the state should have no responsibility in taking care of anyone that doesn't. The poor have always had access to healthcare and it certainly in not a universal right!
    The Libertarian Party believes that all persons are entitled to keep the fruits of their labor. A call for the repeal of the income tax, abolishment of the Internal Revenue Service and all federal programs and services not required under the U.S. Constitution. We support the passage of a "Balanced Budget Amendment" to the U.S. Constitution, provided that the budget is balanced exclusively by cutting expenditures, and not by raising taxes. LP.org

Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    Big businesses are burden enough! Why should they have to pay for 35,000,000 added to the rolls?

The problem with Obamacare is that it didn't reform what needed reforming like Tort Reform and taking the industry out of the Croney catagory and making it Free Market, which would really benefit the people.

No one should be forced to buy health insurance and the state should have no responsibility in taking care of anyone that doesn't. The poor have always had access to healthcare and it certainly in not a universal right!
    Those who are truly in need of help to obtain healthcare are in worse shape now than they were.

This snafu/farce was nothing more than the transfer of wealth and a money/vote grab for Democrats!

Harry Reid "We support the Federal government, that's what we do" President Obuma "one party is holding the economy hostage" Can someone tell me what's wrong with these statements.

Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    Those who are truly in need of help to obtain healthcare are in worse shape now than they were.

This snafu/farce was nothing more than the transfer of wealth and a money/vote grab for Democrats!
    I was thinking this whole Obamacare fiasco would be the one thing that could save the Repubs in 2014 & 16. As it looks now, the failure of OCare will be blamed on the Repubs by the media. A better strategy might have been to let the Dems have their way since O was reelected and let them take full ownership of it. Then, when the sheet hits the fans, the Dems would take all the heat. There is only one way to make Healthcare affordable and that would be through a true Free Market system and that would take the banning of all Healthcare lobbyist.
    The Libertarian Party believes that all persons are entitled to keep the fruits of their labor. A call for the repeal of the income tax, abolishment of the Internal Revenue Service and all federal programs and services not required under the U.S. Constitution. We support the passage of a "Balanced Budget Amendment" to the U.S. Constitution, provided that the budget is balanced exclusively by cutting expenditures, and not by raising taxes. LP.org

Quote Originally Posted by Henlee View Post
    I propose that senate democrats offer a deal to house republicans that offers to completely cut out of existence Obamacare (their key demand!) and replace it with a single payer system, that can be funded by increased taxes on large businesses. This seems completely fair to me, I will be calling my Senator in the morning to get this idea rolling.
    Obviously you belong to the OWS & SFN crowd - how about posting where you originate with your off the shelf lefty comments. Some on here can justify there obvious political leanings by the fact they know No better. More than likely you are among them .

Marvin S

Everyone's friend is No One's friend

Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!

Obviously you belong to the OWS & SFN crowd - how about posting where you originate with your off the shelf lefty comments. Some on here can justify there obvious political leanings by the fact they know No better. More than likely you are among them

The idea originated from an epiphany I had while at work yesterday. The original argument was that Democrats would not negotiate dismantling Obamacare. I have provided an acceptable starting point to start those negotiations. This would be the counteroffer the house has been asking for. This is what the republicans were asking for.
    During break time at obedience school, two dogs were talking.
    One said to the other..."The thing I hate about obedience school is you learn ALL this stuff you will never use in the real world."

Quote Originally Posted by Marvin S View Post
    Obviously you belong to the OWS & SFN crowd - how about posting where you originate with your off the shelf lefty comments. Some on here can justify there obvious political leanings by the fact they know No better. More than likely you are among them .

Actually I think the idea has merit. If Republicans want to keep sending up bills trying to extort and end to Obmacare, the Democrats should call their bluff. Send them a bill back that says, OK we'll shut down Obamacare, but in return we'll take universal background checks, assault weapons ban, tax increase on the rich, expansion of food stamps. Oh, and might as well throw in single payer for good measure - Medicare for all!

As they said, let the negotiations begin!
    "For everyone to whom much is given, of him shall much be required." -- Luke 12:48

Raven - Moneybird's Black Magic Marker***
    (Esprit's Power Play x Trumarc's Lean Cuisine)
    Mick - Moneybird's Jumpin' Jack Flash***
    (Clubmead's Road Warrior x Oakdale Whitewater Devil Dog)
    Peerless - Moneybird's Sole Survivor
    (Two River's Lucky Willie x Moneybird's Black Magic Marker)

I would love to see someone send up a bill that says pay up or shut up. If you pay federal income taxes you vote on how your hard earned money is spent. If you don't pay federal income taxes SHUT UP, as you have nothing at stake. I would love to see the dems defend that.
    Hihope Hiland Heathen of Perth CD, RE, CGC, TDI

Quote Originally Posted by luvmylabs23139 View Post
    I would love to see someone send up a bill that says pay up or shut up. If you pay federal income taxes you vote on how your hard earned money is spent. If you don't pay federal income taxes SHUT UP, as you have nothing at stake. I would love to see the dems defend that.
    So your proposal is to have every single federal tax payer to vote on every bill in congress?