The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Incredibly Sad..........

interesting take from Michael Savage

The government shutdown has begun," Savage reminded his audience, adding:

"I, for one, would love to see 20 percent of the federal workforce permanently fired.

I'd also like to see pensions reigned in by 30 percent across the board.

Here's the irony: The tea party is the driving force that wants to do something about the government's evil spending.

Yet Obama has the nerve to call you, the American taxpayer, the "right wing."

According to the media, the "right wing" is "trying to shut the government down."

What's laughable is that we have the most left-wing government in American history calling the average taxpayers "right-wingers" as though that's a dirty word.

Well, I, for one, am proud to be a right-winger.

I'm very proud that I've been working since I was 5 years old and am still working at my age.

I'm not proud that a bunch of leeches are sucking me dry with taxation without representation
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    The Republicans want to shut down the government. Then they want to turn around and try and blame Obama for people's inconvenience. Pretty piss poor...

Conservatives think they found a new game. Instead of having to win the debate and win elections with their ideas, now they figure it's easier than that. Just defund the entire government. Then piecemeal add back in what you like with little continuing resolutions. Completely remake government by extortion. As my daughter used to say when she was little, easy peasy lemon squeezy.
    I'll explain the delicious irony of this nonsense of shutting down things that DON'T need to be shut down.

All of these workers will eventually be called back and given back pay!

Also, this excersize in ideology (tantrum) by the Obama, proves we don't need so much Gov't.
    These are the same people that will run Obama care.

I agree with Buzz on the "piss poor," but for slightly different reasons!!!

Buzz if that's what you truly believe, Then it would be worth your wild to read Hitler Youth by Susan Bartoletti. If don't then think that's what we are going to, then this nation is truly lost.

The Republicans want to shut down the government. Then they want to turn around and try and blame Obama for people's inconvenience. Pretty piss poor...

Conservatives think they found a new game. Instead of having to win the debate and win elections with their ideas, now they figure it's easier than that. Just defund the entire government. Then piecemeal add back in what you like with little continuing resolutions. Completely remake government by extortion. As my daughter used to say when she was little, easy peasy lemon squeezy.
    Dead on Buzz. Many of the the repubs campaigned on shutting down the government (the videos don't lie), and now they blame the twice elected President. Their political posturing at the WWII memorial today was embarrassing.

Two times they have lost a national election. In the last one, the opponents campaigned on repealing the ACA and they lost. Now they resort to extortion led by a small group of extreme right wingers. Go Ted Cruz!

Maybe, next time, a small group of democratic Senators should hold the government hostage over a demand to move to a single payer system instead of the ACA. Seems like the only fair and balanced way to go.

Quote Originally Posted by Henry V View Post
    Dead on Buzz. Many of the the repubs campaigned on shutting down the government (the videos don't lie), and now they blame the twice elected President. Their political posturing at the WWII memorial today was embarrassing.

Two times they have lost a national election. In the last one, the opponents campaigned on repealing the ACA and they lost. Now they resort to extortion led by a small group of extreme right wingers. Go Ted Cruz!

Maybe, next time, a small group of democratic Senators should hold the government hostage over a demand to move to a single payer system instead of the ACA. Seems like the only fair and balanced way to go.
    Henry, could you explain why the barriers were put up at an open air monument?

This should be good................

Buzz, last I saw it was the Democrats in the Senate and King Obama that are not welling to compromise....the House has sent no less than 5 bills to congress, each one was a compromise, what has your side offered.....NOTHING! By the way, the Veteran's broke down the barriers with the help of some Republican House members. Also, I saw this morning that the Presidents Administration shut down access to Normandy in France. That is being done just to punish people!

Democrats Pay Union Members to Protest World War II Vets

It appears that the Obama administration is violating the First Rule of Holes. Yesterday the administration looked awful when it “closed” and barricaded the World War II memorial on the Mall. The memorial is, by its nature, open. There is nothing to close. And the administration knows that every day, tour groups consisting of WWII vets, now mostly in their late 80s or early 90s, come to Washington to visit the memorial. So the administration couldn’t resist closing the WWII memorial by putting up barricades, as part of their effort to dramatize how terrible the government “shutdown” is.

Yesterday, as we noted here, the administration suffered a public relations disaster when a group of elderly vets from Mississippi, aided by one or more Republican Congressmen, pushed the barriers aside and visited the memorial. But the administration was still undeterred: a park service employee threatened to arrest any vets who may try to visit the WWII memorial in the future, while the shutdown is in effect.

The best thing the Obama administration could do is quietly remove the barricades around the memorial and forget the whole thing. But no: it happened again today. Fortunately, PJ Media was on hand to record the action:

The same scene was reenacted again today as two Honor Flights from Missouri and Chicago arrived in prearranged visits. These Honor Flights were met by hundreds of ordinary citizens and about a dozen members of Congress, who once again crashed the barricades to let the veterans into the WW2 Memorial.

After about an hour, about 20 SEIU protesters arrived on the scene chanting “Boehner, get us back to work” and claiming they were federal employees furloughed because of the shutdown.
    (of course, there is no federal employee union)
    WWII veterans visiting the memorial that was erected in their honor vs. paid SEIU protesters: great optics for the Obama administration! But it gets worse. The protesters claimed to be furloughed federal employees:

In the video below these protesters were marching towards the press gaggle and I was asking them to show their federal IDs to prove they were in fact federal workers. No one wore their federal ID and none would provide it to prove their claim.

Then, remarkably, a guy carrying a sign passed by wearing a McDonald’s employee shirt, which I noted. I then began asking them how much they had been paid to protest, at which point the guy wearing the McDonald’s shirt came back and admitted he had been paid $15 to attend the protest.

You can’t make this stuff up: World War II veterans come to Washington to see their monument, and the Obama administration tries to block them by putting up barricades. When that blunder starts getting media attention, the administration doubles down by paying union members $15 to march around, waving signs and protesting–as though that were a sure-fire way to generate sympathy for the nonessential federal employees who are getting the day off. Is it possible that the Democrats could be snatching defeat from the jaws of victory?

And does that perhaps have something to do with Obama’s backing down on his vow not to talk with Congressional Republicans? Obama has now invited Congressional leaders to the White House for talks on ending the spending impasse.

This is incredible!!!
    Last edited by road kill; 10-03-2013 at 10:32 AM.

One commentator is now called the obstructions "Barrycades". They added more barrycades on the 2nd day!

The RNC agreed to pay for five security guards to "protect" the site from these possible vandals. They invited the DNC to contribute to this as well.

While the MSM is so quick to ridicule the Rs for their stand on the CR in Congress, where is the ridicule for the brilliant strategists who would create an uproar by denying these veterans access to the WW II Memorial? If it makes sense to "pick your battles", I can't think of a worse one for the administration to pick than harrassing WW II vets.

Maybe it's time for the Viet Nam vets to visit their monument?
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

Quote Originally Posted by swampcollielover View Post
    Buzz, last I saw it was the Democrats in the Senate and King Obama that are not welling to compromise....the House has sent no less than 5 bills to congress, each one was a compromise, what has your side offered.....NOTHING! By the way, the Veteran's broke down the barriers with the help of some Republican House members. Also, I saw this morning that the Presidents Administration shut down access to Normandy in France. That is being done just to punish people!

I would spend the time responding to this, but on second thought, you can't really believe what you said here.
    "For everyone to whom much is given, of him shall much be required." -- Luke 12:48

Raven - Moneybird's Black Magic Marker***
    (Esprit's Power Play x Trumarc's Lean Cuisine)
    Mick - Moneybird's Jumpin' Jack Flash***
    (Clubmead's Road Warrior x Oakdale Whitewater Devil Dog)
    Peerless - Moneybird's Sole Survivor
    (Two River's Lucky Willie x Moneybird's Black Magic Marker)

I would spend the time responding to this, but on second thought, you can't really believe what you said here.
    Give it a whirl,
    M&K's HR UH Tucker of Texoma JH
    M&K's SHR Prime Black Angus
    M&K's Miss Jessie Girl JH
    Sir Jacob of Lakeview-Jake
    Freeway JYD

Mike Whitworth