The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Incredibly Sad..........

Quote Originally Posted by Gerry Clinchy View Post
    One commentator is now called the obstructions "Barrycades". They added more barrycades on the 2nd day!

The RNC agreed to pay for five security guards to "protect" the site from these possible vandals. They invited the DNC to contribute to this as well.

While the MSM is so quick to ridicule the Rs for their stand on the CR in Congress, where is the ridicule for the brilliant strategists who would create an uproar by denying these veterans access to the WW II Memorial? If it makes sense to "pick your battles", I can't think of a worse one for the administration to pick than harrassing WW II vets.

Maybe it's time for the Viet Nam vets to visit their monument?
    I will have a better perspective on this Monday. My FIL is heading out Saturday AM on Honor Flight. In no uncertain terms he was told they WILL be visiting the memorial no matter what. I hope for him that happens.
    Never trust a dog to watch your food!

Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    Henry, could you explain why the barriers were put up at an open air monument?

This should be good................
    the same reason government buildings are closed and doors are locked and why national parks, wildlife refuges, waterfowl production areas, and national laboratories are closed. There is a shut down.

Quote Originally Posted by Henry V View Post
    the same reason government buildings are closed and doors are locked and why national parks, wildlife refuges, waterfowl production areas, and national laboratories are closed. There is a shut down.
    So, if you're going duck hunting this afternoon, you're going to pull up to your favorite federal WPA and see barriers, and police tape? What is the difference between that and the WWII memorial? Nothing, both are open air, publically owned and do not ever require barriers to keep people out. That is ridiculous right? I would say almost as ridiculous as you. Quit spewing garbage for the sake of it.