The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: First Time Hunt Test

Did the OP sign up? I know everyone listed as handlers in junior except for 1.
    Richard Gravely

Quote Originally Posted by fishduck View Post
    Richard Gravely is a really nice guy but you can get in trouble listening to him. As a matter of fact between Lonnie, Richard & Steve we can safely say you have gotten acquainted with the "wrong crowd". The wrong crowd has a lot of fun so expect me to join the festivities.

My boy Gray may be running Jr. also if Mom will untie the apron strings. Look me up. Will be in a white Tundra with a 3 hole box & you will hear the barking dogs long before you see me.
    I got a test dog he can run also if Zach doesn't come with me.
    Richard Gravely

I ended up not signing up for this one. The trainer and several others did a "Mock Test" last Saturday and he concluded that he was not quite ready yet- stopping short on longer marks, etc. So we decided to give him another month or so to practice and he will run in a test in December in south Alabama.

Quote Originally Posted by brushtop12 View Post
    I ended up not signing up for this one. The trainer and several others did a "Mock Test" last Saturday and he concluded that he was not quite ready yet- stopping short on longer marks, etc. So we decided to give him another month or so to practice and he will run in a test in December in south Alabama.
    Should be a pretty good test also. I know part of the proposed judges panel for the weekend. Same dog.may run as test dog with my boy since he won't be able to run in contention.
    Richard Gravely

Here's a video of Gage and me at our first AKC Junior hunt test:

Gage was 7 1/2 months old. No pro trainer, no experience, not force fetch trained. Our luck, we were the first to run. We did not pass because he did not deliver the second bird to hand. We had a great time and were hooked!

Good luck and have fun!