The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 55

Thread: First Time Hunt Test

  1. #41
    Senior Member Duckquilizer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Mid-TN
    Posts
    922

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Splash_em View Post
    Find your marshal that morning. He'll be a really handsome fella by the name of Richard Gravely.

    Remind me again of your name and this thread and I'll make sure you have an opportunity to watch a few dogs run and can answer any questions or concerns that you might have. If you are really lucky, I might even hand you the clipboard and let you keep up with the running order to calm your nerves.
    Will you be wearing your traditional kilt?
    Kendall Layne

    HR(2xHRCH) Ashland's Big Black Ruby to Go SH
    Dorie's Lady of the Lake(1K bird club)

    Never play leap frog with a unicorn.

  2. #42
    Senior Member Sundown49 aka Otey B's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Ghent, Ky
    Posts
    2,543

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Splash_em View Post
    Find your marshal that morning. He'll be a really handsome fella by the name of Richard Gravely.

    Remind me again of your name and this thread and I'll make sure you have an opportunity to watch a few dogs run and can answer any questions or concerns that you might have. If you are really lucky, I might even hand you the clipboard and let you keep up with the running order to calm your nerves.
    Brushtop... Richard is a good guy and will help you out. The atmosphere will jack your pup up a whole lot more than usual. Remember the BEAST you get out to run is really your dog..... MOST of all have FUN...
    My Dad said to me ."Son, a man just needs three things to be happy....A good dog, a good gun and a good wife.....Thank God I have all three
    Sundown's Boss of Delta Marsh JH (Louie QAA X Delta MH)
    Traveling Through The Graded Timber JH (2012 NAFC Trav X Timber MH QAA)

    Sundown's Ruff And Tuff (Boss JH X Lil Bit) best pup I have ever raised
    Home of HRCH Sundown's Loaded To The Maxx (FC AFC Jamie X Dixie QAA) RIP
    www.sundownlabs.com

  3. #43
    Senior Member fishduck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    nowhere Alabama
    Posts
    1,420

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Splash_em View Post
    Find your marshal that morning. He'll be a really handsome fella by the name of Richard Gravely.

    Remind me again of your name and this thread and I'll make sure you have an opportunity to watch a few dogs run and can answer any questions or concerns that you might have. If you are really lucky, I might even hand you the clipboard and let you keep up with the running order to calm your nerves.
    Richard Gravely is a really nice guy but you can get in trouble listening to him. As a matter of fact between Lonnie, Richard & Steve we can safely say you have gotten acquainted with the "wrong crowd". The wrong crowd has a lot of fun so expect me to join the festivities.

    My boy Gray may be running Jr. also if Mom will untie the apron strings. Look me up. Will be in a white Tundra with a 3 hole box & you will hear the barking dogs long before you see me.
    Mark Land

  4. #44
    Senior Member Karen Klotthor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Slidell , LA
    Posts
    752

    Default

    Or he can come run Pontchartrain and get a better judge (Me)than the Marshall at NoAl. Seriously, do what Richard said and look him up, the like to talk a lot and will explain all to you.

  5. #45
    Senior Member Splash_em's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Satsuma, AL
    Posts
    608

    Default

    Between the two guys judging that flight and the normal crowd that will be there, I can't guarantee what your dog will, but I do guarantee that you will have fun. I may have Zach with me running test dog so if you see two 11 year olds hooked up and heading out, please let Mark and I know so we can find them later.

    I think them boys will know the property better than most adults in a few more years.
    Richard Gravely

    HRCH "Hammer" MH***
    Nick of Time Ride Da Lightning (future GRHRCH/MH)

  6. #46
    Senior Member RookieTrainer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    West Central AL
    Posts
    1,208

    Default

    Plus 1 on Richard. He gives a nice mini-seminar on how one might possibly get their dog in and out of the holding blind without fear of bodily injury. Or so I have heard from a couple "friends."

    Quote Originally Posted by fishduck View Post
    Richard Gravely is a really nice guy but you can get in trouble listening to him. As a matter of fact between Lonnie, Richard & Steve we can safely say you have gotten acquainted with the "wrong crowd". The wrong crowd has a lot of fun so expect me to join the festivities.

    My boy Gray may be running Jr. also if Mom will untie the apron strings. Look me up. Will be in a white Tundra with a 3 hole box & you will hear the barking dogs long before you see me.
    Steve Wyatt

    HR Belle's Rolling Big Rig "Jimmy"

  7. #47
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Splash_em View Post
    Find your marshal that morning. He'll be a really handsome fella by the name of Richard Gravely.

    Remind me again of your name and this thread and I'll make sure you have an opportunity to watch a few dogs run and can answer any questions or concerns that you might have. If you are really lucky, I might even hand you the clipboard and let you keep up with the running order to calm your nerves.
    Thanks alot!! That would be awesome!

  8. #48
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    10

    Default

    Thanks for all the help guys.

    After the trainer rain checked on me i seriously thought about just waiting for another one somewhere when he could be there but yall have bout got me talked into giving it a shot.

  9. #49
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    499

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by brushtop12 View Post
    Thanks for all the help guys.

    After the trainer rain checked on me i seriously thought about just waiting for another one somewhere when he could be there but yall have bout got me talked into giving it a shot.
    I hope you will join us. I will have a couple of dogs in Jr and plan to hang out there most of Saturday (since we have really awesome marshals in Master who only want to see me at lunch time). I can also help deflect some the BS Richard is sure to be spouting...
    Allen Dillard

    HRCH Play It Again, Sam MH *** "Sam"
    Scout's High Calibre "Colt"
    Slippin' Up the Holler "Dooley"
    Lucky Number Seven VII "Layla"

  10. #50
    Senior Member rboudet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Covington, LA
    Posts
    768

    Default

    While I am all for running your own dog. I don't understand what you mean by your "Pro is double booked"??? That's kind of their job to run mutiple dogs in mutiple stakes.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •