The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: First Time Hunt Test

Quote Originally Posted by Splash_em View Post
    Find your marshal that morning. He'll be a really handsome fella by the name of Richard Gravely.

Remind me again of your name and this thread and I'll make sure you have an opportunity to watch a few dogs run and can answer any questions or concerns that you might have. If you are really lucky, I might even hand you the clipboard and let you keep up with the running order to calm your nerves.
    Will you be wearing your traditional kilt?
    Kendall Layne

HR(2xHRCH) Ashland's Big Black Ruby to Go SH
    Dorie's Lady of the Lake(1K bird club)

Never play leap frog with a unicorn.

Senior Member Sundown49 aka Otey B's Avatar

Find your marshal that morning. He'll be a really handsome fella by the name of Richard Gravely.

Remind me again of your name and this thread and I'll make sure you have an opportunity to watch a few dogs run and can answer any questions or concerns that you might have. If you are really lucky, I might even hand you the clipboard and let you keep up with the running order to calm your nerves.
    Brushtop... Richard is a good guy and will help you out. The atmosphere will jack your pup up a whole lot more than usual. Remember the BEAST you get out to run is really your dog..... MOST of all have FUN...
    My Dad said to me ."Son, a man just needs three things to be happy....A good dog, a good gun and a good wife.....Thank God I have all three
    Sundown's Boss of Delta Marsh JH (Louie QAA X Delta MH)
    Traveling Through The Graded Timber JH (2012 NAFC Trav X Timber MH QAA)

Sundown's Ruff And Tuff (Boss JH X Lil Bit) best pup I have ever raised
    Home of HRCH Sundown's Loaded To The Maxx (FC AFC Jamie X Dixie QAA) RIP
    www.sundownlabs.com

Richard Gravely is a really nice guy but you can get in trouble listening to him. As a matter of fact between Lonnie, Richard & Steve we can safely say you have gotten acquainted with the "wrong crowd". The wrong crowd has a lot of fun so expect me to join the festivities.

My boy Gray may be running Jr. also if Mom will untie the apron strings. Look me up. Will be in a white Tundra with a 3 hole box & you will hear the barking dogs long before you see me.
    Mark Land

Or he can come run Pontchartrain and get a better judge (Me)than the Marshall at NoAl. Seriously, do what Richard said and look him up, the like to talk a lot and will explain all to you.

Between the two guys judging that flight and the normal crowd that will be there, I can't guarantee what your dog will, but I do guarantee that you will have fun. I may have Zach with me running test dog so if you see two 11 year olds hooked up and heading out, please let Mark and I know so we can find them later.

I think them boys will know the property better than most adults in a few more years.
    Richard Gravely

HRCH "Hammer" MH***
    Nick of Time Ride Da Lightning (future GRHRCH/MH)

Plus 1 on Richard. He gives a nice mini-seminar on how one might possibly get their dog in and out of the holding blind without fear of bodily injury. Or so I have heard from a couple "friends."

Quote Originally Posted by fishduck View Post
    Richard Gravely is a really nice guy but you can get in trouble listening to him. As a matter of fact between Lonnie, Richard & Steve we can safely say you have gotten acquainted with the "wrong crowd". The wrong crowd has a lot of fun so expect me to join the festivities.

My boy Gray may be running Jr. also if Mom will untie the apron strings. Look me up. Will be in a white Tundra with a 3 hole box & you will hear the barking dogs long before you see me.
    Steve Wyatt

HR Belle's Rolling Big Rig "Jimmy"

Thanks alot!! That would be awesome!

Thanks for all the help guys.

After the trainer rain checked on me i seriously thought about just waiting for another one somewhere when he could be there but yall have bout got me talked into giving it a shot.

Quote Originally Posted by brushtop12 View Post
    Thanks for all the help guys.

After the trainer rain checked on me i seriously thought about just waiting for another one somewhere when he could be there but yall have bout got me talked into giving it a shot.
    I hope you will join us. I will have a couple of dogs in Jr and plan to hang out there most of Saturday (since we have really awesome marshals in Master who only want to see me at lunch time). I can also help deflect some the BS Richard is sure to be spouting...
    Allen Dillard

HRCH Play It Again, Sam MH *** "Sam"
    Scout's High Calibre "Colt"
    Slippin' Up the Holler "Dooley"
    Lucky Number Seven VII "Layla"

While I am all for running your own dog. I don't understand what you mean by your "Pro is double booked"??? That's kind of their job to run mutiple dogs in mutiple stakes.