The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Rhetorical Question

Default Rhetorical Question

By what authority does the House of Representatives get to pick and choose what we pay??

Standing bye..................

by your and mine

Section. 8.

The Congress shall have Power To lay and collect Taxes, Duties, Imposts and Excises, to pay the Debts and provide for the common Defence and general Welfare of the United States......
    "So what is big is not always the Trout nor the Deer but the chance, the being there. And what is full is not necessarily the creel nor the freezer, but the memory." ~ Aldo Leopold

"The Greatest Obstacle to Discovery is not Ignorance -- It is the Illusion of Knowledge" ~ Daniel Boorstin

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Bora View Post
    by your and mine

Section. 8.

The Congress shall have Power To lay and collect Taxes, Duties, Imposts and Excises, to pay the Debts and provide for the common Defence and general Welfare of the United States......
    So despite Harry asking who do they think they are and where do they get the right to pick and choose what to pay...............it is their DUTY to do such as described in that pesky document????
    What's that thing called again?

Harry looses sight of what kind of government he works for.
    Autocrasy vs. Republic, simple mistake?
    "So what is big is not always the Trout nor the Deer but the chance, the being there. And what is full is not necessarily the creel nor the freezer, but the memory." ~ Aldo Leopold

"The Greatest Obstacle to Discovery is not Ignorance -- It is the Illusion of Knowledge" ~ Daniel Boorstin

Only one guy worse at honesty than Dingy Harry Reid, and that is King Obama!

I doesn't say they have the right to pick and choose, it said to PAY THE DEBT.
    During break time at obedience school, two dogs were talking.
    One said to the other..."The thing I hate about obedience school is you learn ALL this stuff you will never use in the real world."

Quote Originally Posted by Henlee View Post
    I doesn't say they have the right to pick and choose, it said to PAY THE DEBT.
    ah but that is the crux of it. will the elected person follow the will of the people in the state that put them in office?
    the people who, as the president claims are holding everything up for his grand plan are actualy doing what they told the voters they would do. Fighting the fight they promised to fight. the senate should watch. yes they are in for 6 but sooner or later they will have to face the folks at home. and yes they can pick and choose as they can choose what they are buying with our money. and they have the power to choose not to buy. Remember when the 1st one did not want to buy boots for the vally forge fellers? The have always been able to choose what to and not to buy. Nothing new, historic it is.

The house sent up four bills and they were rejected by the senate. The senate gave them a fair chance and they did not have the support they needed. The Senate then sent a bill back to the House that is being held from a vote, because Boehner and friends know that it will pass if given the chance. Why not allow the senate bill get an up or down vote and let the representation work for itself.
    During break time at obedience school, two dogs were talking.
    One said to the other..."The thing I hate about obedience school is you learn ALL this stuff you will never use in the real world."

If I'm not mistaken, spending bills must originate in the house. Although it would not surprise me if the constitution was ignored by these people.
    Mioaks Southbound Sammy JH
    Leatherwood's Here's Your One Chance Fancy

"Luck is the residue of design"- Branch Rickey

Just saw an interesting report on how Isreal's legislature works. They MUST pass a budget by Dec. 31. If they don't, the country operates on a monthly budget of 1/12th the previous year for 6 months. If a budget is not passed by then.... there is an election!!!! What a concept!!!!
    Mike Tome
    Duckdog's Fast Autofocus
    GMHRCH-III WR North Star's Deuce of Diamonds

MHR WR Pondview's Bar None 1994-2006

Duckdogphotography.smugmug.com