The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media

Thread: NJ Special Senatorial Election

Default NJ Special Senatorial Election

http://spectator.org/archives/2013/1...ns-bold-colors
    While Christie has had his requisite photo ops with Cory Booker, Republican Steve Lonegan has been chipping away at Booker's lead in the polls.

According to this article, Booker was once considered a shoo-in with lead of 35 pts in the polls, which is now down to 12 points.
    Lonegan is now doing better in the polls three weeks out than Brown was at the same point in his famous 2010 upset race against the supposedly unbeatable Democrat state attorney general Martha Coakley.
    In case you haven't been following this at all, Lonegan is blind. He began losing his vision to retinitis pigmentosa when he was about 14 years old.
    Lonegan’s father died shortly afterwards, but Lonegan persevered. Still, by the time he had worked himself through college the liberal welfare state had its hooks out for this now almost-blind boy and he was told that his future would amount to “weaving baskets.” He was told to accept disability and simply forget the rest of a normal life. Lonegan would have none of it. He went to a rundown store that sold kitchen cabinets in search of a job. Refused, he asked for a deal: Lonegan would work two weeks selling cabinets for free to show what he could do — and if he managed to sell cabinets he could get his job. It worked, Lonegan jumping into the private sector and becoming a whirlwind selling kitchen cabinets. By 1988, the one-time Social Security disability recipient who had been told he should simply surrender his life to the welfare state was the largest kitchen cabinet dealer in New Jersey.
    Lonegan says:
    “I know how destructive the entitlement state is. I have felt the cold cruel fingers of the entitlement program wrap around my own soul… and government likes it that way. The more clients the better. And I’ll go face to face with any single, solitary social worker who wants to tell me otherwise because I have been there.”
    Booker has gone on record saying that he will do everything possible to have O-care implemented. Lonegan takes the opposing view.
    He talks about the nature of the “primordial assault” on America by the “Obama Agenda” and points to Booker’s own breathtakingly bad record as Newark’s mayor. The city has a 15% unemployment rate — say again 15% — and crime has skyrocketed even past that of Booker’s liberal Democrat predecessor Sharpe James.
    For those of you who may be from other parts of the country, Newark is sort of the Detroit of the East Coast ... except it never had an auto industry. It is part of the Port of NY. Prudential used to have its home office in Newark. It gradually moved more and more employees out of the city, keeping its headquarters there in name only. (Of course, Prudential was ultimately swallowed up by its largest competitor, Met Life).

I lived in Newark briefly, MANY years ago, and it wasn't a nice place even back then.

It's pretty bad when even the NY Times reports on the shady dealings of a video website called Waywire, of which Booker was a stock holder. This was the company where the 15-yr-old son of the CNN CEO sat on the "advisory board", complete with stock options. Equally interesting is that another investor in Waywire was the CEO of Google ... which owns YouTube.
    Other than videos of Cory Booker, the only notable niche tiny Waywire has developed is extreme anti-Semitic videos. When the Washington Free Beacon broke that story back in March, Waywire responded: “We are now evaluating the videos in question. We take these matters very seriously.” Five months later, anti-Semitic videos are still rampant on the site.”
    They say Steve Lonegan is an underdog.

Then again, he has been an underdog his entire life. Listening to the complete version of his struggle with blindness is truly inspirational. It is both Steve Lonegan’s American story and America’s story. A story of persistence, courage, and character.
    The special election is on Oct. 16.
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q1lDYFRUL3c
    Not all of you will agree with Lonegan, but he sure doesn't pull any punches. It's kind of a long video.

You might want to jump in about the 24 minute mark.
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

The election is today.
    Amazingly, you have Democrats panicked, scrambling to save a Senate seat they once assumed to be a sure thing.

Read more: http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/...#ixzz2huid2Jiu
    It really is kind of amazing that Lonegan, whom almost nobody had heard of before, could draw so close to Booker's "slam dunk".

He may not win in the end ... but he sure made some people take notice of this special election.

I still wonder why no one has yet hit on the fact that neither of Booker's NJ addresses seem to be where he lives. Neighbors at one address say they haven't seen him in years. If this is for real, he isn't even eligible to run in this election.

G.Clinchy@gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by Gerry Clinchy View Post
    [FONT=times new roman] The election is today.

Read more: http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/...#ixzz2huid2Jiu
    It really is kind of amazing that Lonegan, whom almost nobody had heard of before, could draw so close to Booker's "slam dunk".

He may not win in the end ... but he sure made some people take notice of this special election.

I still wonder why no one has yet hit on the fact that neither of Booker's NJ addresses seem to be where he lives. Neighbors at one address say they haven't seen him in years. If this is for real, he isn't even eligible to run in this election.

When has this ever stopped a democrat?
    Bill Davis

Newark has been known for decades as the armpit of NJ.
    Hihope Hiland Heathen of Perth CD, RE, CGC, TDI

Steve Lonegan lost.
    During break time at obedience school, two dogs were talking.
    One said to the other..."The thing I hate about obedience school is you learn ALL this stuff you will never use in the real world."

Quote Originally Posted by Henlee View Post
    Steve Lonegan lost.
    As has every other Republican Senatorial candidate in NJ for the past 46 years.
    Bill Davis