The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Gun Dog Broker

Thread: The Debt Ceiling Cometh

Default The Debt Ceiling Cometh

When he took office, President Reagan promoted a young Michigan congressman, considered a federal budget whiz kid at the time, to head the Office of Management and Budget. David Stockman was convinced that federal spending had to be reduced. I can still recall a famous headline at the time likening him to the Grim Reaper:

Read more: http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/...#ixzz2gffAHRog

According to Stockman, the debt ceiling need not be Armageddon as portrayed by the Ds.

"It is a complete red herring to say there will be a default," he tells us. "There will never will be a time in which there is not enough cash to pay the interest."

Stockman's no lightweight. He knows the law and encourages House Republican's to call Treasury Secretary Jack Lew's bluff about breaching the debt ceiling. According to Stockman Uncle Sam is collecting $250 billion a month, which leaves plenty of cash for Social Security, Medicare, the armed forces and a host of other things. He also argues that Obamacare should be delayed. Let's face it -- who knows how much that'll cost?
    Quoting Stockman:
    "The fiscal process doesn't work. It's broken and the only way to get the wheels of this thing to stop turning is for a determined minority to grab the bull by the horns. And if they want to call it 'hostage taking' they can use that term but why do people think we can keep adding to the national debt?"

G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

Typical response to a R created crisis, there is no problems down here in the hole in the ground into which I stuck my head.
    During break time at obedience school, two dogs were talking.
    One said to the other..."The thing I hate about obedience school is you learn ALL this stuff you will never use in the real world."

The Repubs did vote 7 times from 2000 - 2008 to raise the Debt Ceiling. It's not that the Repubs object to or are against running up huge deficits and raising the debt ceiling, they just don't get to spend it where they want to. If either party were serious about deficits and running up the debt, they would be championing a Balanced Budget Amendment. But, the lobbyist won't let them. When a political party lacks ideas and vision, when there is a laedership void like we have had for many years, it's easier for them to just throw money at every problem. As MJH345 said, "fire them all"!
    The Libertarian Party believes that all persons are entitled to keep the fruits of their labor. A call for the repeal of the income tax, abolishment of the Internal Revenue Service and all federal programs and services not required under the U.S. Constitution. We support the passage of a "Balanced Budget Amendment" to the U.S. Constitution, provided that the budget is balanced exclusively by cutting expenditures, and not by raising taxes. LP.org