The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Gun Dog Broker
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: If You Could Only Watch Two TV Networks...

Default If You Could Only Watch Two TV Networks...

Which two would they be?

I view a lot of Fox Business. Geri Willis, Cavuto, Lou Dobbs & John Stossel in MHO do the best at presenting stories and opinion. They are not bombastic, let their interesting guest talk and they don't fudge and sensationalize like Fox News, MSNBC, CNN etc. They also stick to the important issues and don't spend much time on magazine style journalism with stories like the Zimmerman case, other murder trials, celebrity news and general fluff. They are more apt to be talking about events that are shaping the world.
    The Libertarian Party believes that all persons are entitled to keep the fruits of their labor. A call for the repeal of the income tax, abolishment of the Internal Revenue Service and all federal programs and services not required under the U.S. Constitution. We support the passage of a "Balanced Budget Amendment" to the U.S. Constitution, provided that the budget is balanced exclusively by cutting expenditures, and not by raising taxes. LP.org

Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    Which two would they be?

I view a lot of Fox Business. Geri Willis, Cavuto, Lou Dobbs & John Stossel in MHO do the best at presenting stories and opinion. They are not bombastic, let their interesting guest talk and they don't fudge and sensationalize like Fox News, MSNBC, CNN etc. They also stick to the important issues and don't spend much time on magazine style journalism with stories like the Zimmerman case, other murder trials, celebrity news and general fluff. They are more apt to be talking about events that are shaping the world.
    Since you express opinions of news shows other than Fox Business I assume you must watch them also. I have no two favorites. My remote control is my friend. I seldom sit and watch news shows. When I do I tend to flip around alot. I find alot of pap and dribble on the cable and satallite. I used to listen to shortwave when I was in the high country, but seldom do anymore.
    My political persuasion is as it has always been, I don't tend to need it validated nor contradicted.

I do like to watch movies, new or old at the cabin. Sometimes we just play cards.. JD
    One cannot reason someone out of something they were not reasoned into. - Jonathan Swift

we got this one channel where nobody ever wears clothes. i don't always watch tv, but when i do i prefer that network!
    john mccallie

If I had to pick 2 it would be the blaze, ewtn. After I get the real news I'd have to pray that it doesn't happen.

I like the station that David Icke interviews lizzard people from outer space and the one John mentioned.

Pete
    John 5 :30
    I can of my own self do nothing ,as I hear , I judge,,and my judgement is just, because I seek not my own will,,but the will of the father which hath sent me
    John 7:16 -- Jesus answered them and said my doctrine is not mine, but his that sent me.
    mark 16:9 -- So then after the lord had spoken unto them,he was received up in heaven, and sat on the right hand of God
    I Tim. 2:5 --For there is one God and one mediator between God and man ,, the man Christ Jesus

Gotta be MSNBC and CNN
    M&K's HR UH Tucker of Texoma JH
    M&K's SHR Prime Black Angus
    M&K's Miss Jessie Girl JH
    Sir Jacob of Lakeview-Jake
    Freeway JYD

Mike Whitworth

DOGTV, 24/7 programing helps stimulate, entertain, relax and habituate.....oh, you said "me". Nothing really, I could cut the cord. Now.. if they had RTFTV. Hmmmm... Chris?????
    Last edited by kdeckels; 10-03-2013 at 11:11 PM.
    HR True Grits Finer Edge

I watch a little CNN, but I prefer to read my news from papers. It is the only form of media that truly takes the time to get in all the details of a story. When you watch TV all you get is 15 second sound bites and commentary that is so dummied down it is insulting.
    During break time at obedience school, two dogs were talking.
    One said to the other..."The thing I hate about obedience school is you learn ALL this stuff you will never use in the real world."

Quote Originally Posted by Henlee View Post
    I watch a little CNN, but I prefer to read my news from papers. It is the only form of media that truly takes the time to get in all the details of a story. When you watch TV all you get is 15 second sound bites and commentary that is so dummied down it is insulting.
    I use to read printed papers. Now, I opt for newspapers on-line. That way, I don't have all the old papers to throw away. A lot of news is old by the time it goes to print whereas their on-line papers are more current. Oh, and the other channel that I watch is the NFL Network. I wake up to NFL AM and I make NFL Total Access a daily part of my primetime viewing.
    The Libertarian Party believes that all persons are entitled to keep the fruits of their labor. A call for the repeal of the income tax, abolishment of the Internal Revenue Service and all federal programs and services not required under the U.S. Constitution. We support the passage of a "Balanced Budget Amendment" to the U.S. Constitution, provided that the budget is balanced exclusively by cutting expenditures, and not by raising taxes. LP.org

CNBC for stock quotes & ESPN for sports - unlike John & Pete I prefer folks with clothes on - as similar to on this forum - too much info about someone reveals more than one wants to know . I read a lot, hopefully able to ID folks who have something to offer, it's rarely in the newspaper.

Marvin S

Everyone's friend is No One's friend

Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!