The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media

Thread: Under the radar

Default Under the radar

Saw this on field and stream and thought I would throw it out there. http://www.fieldandstream.com/blogs/...n-public-lands
    During break time at obedience school, two dogs were talking.
    One said to the other..."The thing I hate about obedience school is you learn ALL this stuff you will never use in the real world."

#1 I don't like the idea of absentee landlords of US land ... i.e. Chinese farms, even the big commercial properties owned by Japanese, etc. Not sure what kinds of laws we could have to prevent Saudi Arabia from essentially owning most of the geography of the US ultimately.

#2 I'm not entirely sure that the Fed always makes the best use of its lands. Sometimes the land might be better off in more localized hands. Not sure we should be looking at the whole program with an eye on a "blanket" policy.
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

I have not personally made a decision on it yet. As far as the Chinese go, in the 80's when everyone was up in arms about the Japanese buying land holdings in the United States It was brought to President Reagan to decide what to do about it. After thinking about it for a moment The President said The Japanese are a smart people and know a good investment when they see one. I don't like the idea of good public hunting lands being made unavailable. I would like to know if this is what these lands are.
    During break time at obedience school, two dogs were talking.
    One said to the other..."The thing I hate about obedience school is you learn ALL this stuff you will never use in the real world."