The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Anyone been on the exchanges to find out how much their insurance will be?

I have tried everyday this week to get my double top secret sekurity clarence at cms.portal.gov without success. Gov't site must have been designed by Gooser because it can't handle all of the requests for info. Signing up insureds will be a nightmare since they also have to log into the portal. This train wreck needs to last atleast 6 months to get the LIV's attention (if they have any).

Come on 2014!
    "Character is doing the right thing when nobody is watching"....J.C. Watts

Quote Originally Posted by Raymond Little View Post
    I have tried everyday this week to get my double top secret sekurity clarence at cms.portal.gov without success. Gov't site must have been designed by Gooser because it can't handle all of the requests for info. Signing up insureds will be a nightmare since they also have to log into the portal. This train wreck needs to last atleast 6 months to get the LIV's attention (if they have any). Come on 2014!
    This morning a guy on Morning Joe said that on the healthcare.gov site he clicked on the home screen button and it literally took 10 minutes to get is. Claimed it was smooth after that. I am curious to shop for our business on there but will most likely stick with what we have for the next year.
    "For everyone to whom much is given, of him shall much be required." -- Luke 12:48

Raven - Moneybird's Black Magic Marker***
    (Esprit's Power Play x Trumarc's Lean Cuisine)
    Mick - Moneybird's Jumpin' Jack Flash***
    (Clubmead's Road Warrior x Oakdale Whitewater Devil Dog)
    Peerless - Moneybird's Sole Survivor
    (Two River's Lucky Willie x Moneybird's Black Magic Marker)

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    This morning a guy on Morning Joe said that on the healthcare.gov site he clicked on the home screen button and it literally took 10 minutes to get is. Claimed it was smooth after that. I am curious to shop for our business on there but will most likely stick with what we have for the next year.
    I believe the small business exchange is not yet open. I think it had about a 2 week technical delay.
    Hihope Hiland Heathen of Perth CD, RE, CGC, TDI

I still have to answer all of the "Trick Questions" for identity confirmation. It's an "Anul Exam" comprising; MVR,CREDIK and ARREST. I got two outta three so hope they accept me as an Obamma Agent.

So those who have checked - what's the deductible like? Fellow co-worker took a gander and her monthly premium would be $1200 a month with a $6k deductible ($20400) a year for her family...she would need a second job to afford that, she said she would rather piss away $2k on the penalty vs. paying that kind of insurance premium....take the difference and sock it away in interest bearing savings of some sort. Lucky for her, her employer has insurance that meet the criteria (what ever that may be).

So anyone know how much in taxes this is going to cost us in 2014? I just can't imagine paying for ObamaCare and more taxes to subside others....holy crap!

Edit: http://connectforhealthco.com/

This is a link for Colorado Exchanges where you can get an idea of what it would cost without having to have an extraterrestrial experience to get a quote

The "Gold" plan would be $1132 a month with a $4000 deductible for my self and David. (does include dental - $17584)
    The "Bronze" plan would be $475 a month with a $10000 deductible for myself and David. (doesn't include dental - $15700)

Currently I put $100 per paycheck into an HSA account pre-tax and pay 12.25 insurance fee per paycheck with a $1500 deductible. (no dental/separate - $4419 a year just for me) - with a HSA anything I don't claim is still "mine" and can be invested like a 401k. So far this year I've not claimed anything, but will claim $1500 or so, $1100 will roll over to next year and remains "in my pocket" not the insurance company.

To compare apples to apples:
    The "Bronze" would be $213 a month with a $5000 deductible. (no dental - $7556)
    The "Gold" would be $501 a month with a $2000 deductible. (no dental - $8012)
    Last edited by FOM; 10-04-2013 at 03:01 PM.
    "You can't eat a pig whole, but you can eat a whole pig." - Joe S.

Proudly Owned By:
    MHR HR Flash Of Mischief SH CD CGC - Flash (10/15/98 - 10/8/12)
    Lightning Fast Quack Attacker*** - Bullet
    Gotta Heart Of A Warrior - Ranger (12/26/07 - 8/10/2010)
    SML's Gettin' Sexy With It*** - Tango
    FOM's Raising a Ruckus in the Rockies - Riot

Would be interesting to hear whether those who had high insurance costs before are the ones saving; and those with low insurance costs before are the ones seeing the increase. That was the "theoretical" that was being written about.
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

Quote Originally Posted by Gerry Clinchy View Post
    Would be interesting to hear whether those who had high insurance costs before are the ones saving; and those with low insurance costs before are the ones seeing the increase. That was the "theoretical" that was being written about.
    That is what is happening. We purchase a private policy. The gov't will telll you that sick people, ie those with lots of claims can no longer be charged more. What that really means that if you get an A healthy rating you lose the benefit of healthy living so to speak. That is directly why our rates are going up so much. Kinda like safe drivers sudddenly having to pay the same rate as the person with a horrible driving record. Imagine the outrage then.
    Hihope Hiland Heathen of Perth CD, RE, CGC, TDI

You can get on the website if you are an Obama supporter
    http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/..._a_ringer.html
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

Obamma says the website needs new air in the tires so its in the shop for the weekend but will be back good as new Monday morning.

Haven't looked as we have pretty good ins through my wife's job and also my mom was in ICU with pneumonia for about the last ten days (came home wed). From what I can tell, she has really good coverage through her Texas Teacher Retirement. If what the hospital is telling me is accurate, since she has met her deductible earlier this year, the hospital bill is about $250.00 (doesn't include doctors' fees) and the ICU bill alone was about $70,000.00!! Would have just about wiped her out without the ins. Of course without assets, medicaid would have taken care of it. One of her doctors who has lived in 7 countries starting in Cuba as a child and then living in Venezuela when his folks fled Castro, and the to Madrid for medschool, and I'm not sure where else (been here a looong time) was saying that in Europe, my mom probably would have just been given palliative treatment and allowed to die since she is almost 81 and has some mild cognitive deficit. That's the part of Obamacare that really scares me.
    Any doctrine that weakens personal responsibility for judgment and for action helps create the attitudes that welcome and support the totalitarian state.
    (John Dewey)

Associate yourself with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for 'tis better to be alone than in bad company.
    (George Washington)

Gig'em Aggies!! BTCO'77HOO t.u.!!

www.HughLieck.photoshelter.com