The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media

Thread: Snowing in the Dakotas!

Default Snowing in the Dakotas!

I'm leaving at 7 am for ND and it's snowing like crazy. Can't wait!

Dang! Sounds awesome, I'm heading out there next weekend! Opening weekend pheasant in the snow would be awesome. Probably be 85 and Sunny though!

Raining in Lakota with a wind chill of 33 per my buddy. Possibly 2-3" of rain tonight which will make his hunt eventful tomorrow morning. They actually killed a couple specks this morning.
    "Character is doing the right thing when nobody is watching"....J.C. Watts

Snowing is an understatement and my trees are victims! 50-70 mph winds. 37 inches in the hills about 40 miles away. 12 inches here. Drifts a couple feet deep. Not supposed to stop snowing until tomorrow afternoon.
    Steph

Brittany - Border Collie/Springer Spaniel CGC - 03/03/1999 - 12/05/2014 My everything!
    Meka- Basset/Aussie
    Zoe's Taller N Me - Zoe Irish Wolfhound 9/04/2004 - 11/20/2013 I love you Big Girl!
    Ember Raise The Bar CGC - Corona (a fluffy)
    Embers Aint Misbehavin - Flirt (Corona's mini me)

A good friend helps you up when you fall. A best friend pees their pants laughing and trips you again!

Maybe that will continue this year & push us some ducks down.

I'm sitting in sth central nodak now leaving at 4 am.only calling for 1 to 2 of snow and will be out of it by the time we hit Aberdeen.
    Jim Weitzel
    Proud member of Ole Roy prostaff

18 inches here at the ranch outside of casper

Dang snowing already, I'm dove hunting tomorrow with a high in the 90s . Going to go early so the dog can get some work in Stay safe and happy hunting

Quote Originally Posted by 1st retriever View Post
    Snowing is an understatement and my trees are victims! 50-70 mph winds. 37 inches in the hills about 40 miles away. 12 inches here. Drifts a couple feet deep. Not supposed to stop snowing until tomorrow afternoon.
    I have many fond memories of weather in Rapid - 3 feet of snow, blizzard conditions - 3 days later a chinook & all gone in 24 hours in February - Black Ice on New Years Eve, couldn't even walk on the roads -

Marvin S

Everyone's friend is No One's friend

Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!

About 32 inches here in Rapid. Trees down EVERYWHERE. Nothing had a chance to lose it's leaves before the snow. Went about 30 hours with no power. My friend 15 miles away is going on 3 days with no power. My shade tree over the kennels is no longer a shade tree. Just a straight up and down tree. 6-8 foot drifts on the roads and no sign of the plows yet. Luckily it is going to be in the 50's-60's starting today!
    Steph

Brittany - Border Collie/Springer Spaniel CGC - 03/03/1999 - 12/05/2014 My everything!
    Meka- Basset/Aussie
    Zoe's Taller N Me - Zoe Irish Wolfhound 9/04/2004 - 11/20/2013 I love you Big Girl!
    Ember Raise The Bar CGC - Corona (a fluffy)
    Embers Aint Misbehavin - Flirt (Corona's mini me)

A good friend helps you up when you fall. A best friend pees their pants laughing and trips you again!