The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: BHO: Redskins should change their name

Quote Originally Posted by Golddogs View Post
    Ah, I seem to recall quite a bit of "outrage" from some of the Neo Con's over the use of "Tea Baggers" when refering to the group. To some it seemed offensive.

I guess everone finds some "nick names " offensive or hurtful Regards.
    So, you don't see the difference between an intentional sophomoric attempt at a cheap shot vs. A contrived nonexistant insult?

Do you want us to believe that?
    Really?

Ah, I seem to recall quite a bit of "outrage" from some of the Neo Con's over the use of "Tea Baggers" when refering to the group. To some it seemed offensive.

I guess everone finds some "nick names " offensive or hurtful Regards.
    What you are call a nickname...never was. It always was an insult by the libs pure and simple. I don't think you are that stupid, but I may be wrong.
    Bill Davis

Quote Originally Posted by huntinman View Post
    What you are call a nickname...never was. It always was an insult by the libs pure and simple. I don't think you are that stupid, but I may be wrong.
    Ok Bill, say it was or is an insult. How then do you condone the use of Libtards, Obumma and other, as you put it, insults by those who choose to use those terms. Are you as outraged by those "insults" ? If so, voice that outrage at those insensitive dolts.

Face it, someone is going to be "insulted" no matter what is said. I prefer to look at how it is said and dwell less on the what. Some of what is said is downright funny, and a good laugh is always welcome.

For the record: I have no problem with the Redskins, Fighting Sioux, Badgers, Gamecocks, Vi-Queens, Volunteers or any of the other thousand nicknames out there. I do have a problem when people cherry pick what they consider insulting or degrading and then rail aganst someone else when they use words or phrases or nicknames "they" consider insulting or degrading.

And I'm glad you don't think I am "that stupid". I just don't know how I could carry on if you did.
    Never trust a dog to watch your food!

Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    I think "Oklahoma" should change it's name.

Don't you???
    Yes, but not for the reason that I believe you are refering to. Of course we can't erase all historical things ( names ). It would be too confusing to many people
    charly

There ought to be one day -- just one -- when there is open season on Congressmen.
    ~Will Rogers~

Ok Bill, say it was or is an insult. How then do you condone the use of Libtards, Obumma and other, as you put it, insults by those who choose to use those terms. Are you as outraged by those "insults" ? If so, voice that outrage at those insensitive dolts.

Face it, someone is going to be "insulted" no matter what is said. I prefer to look at how it is said and dwell less on the what. Some of what is said is downright funny, and a good laugh is always welcome.

For the record: I have no problem with the Redskins, Fighting Sioux, Badgers, Gamecocks, Vi-Queens, Volunteers or any of the other thousand nicknames out there. I do have a problem when people cherry pick what they consider insulting or degrading and then rail aganst someone else when they use words or phrases or nicknames "they" consider insulting or degrading.

And I'm glad you don't think I am "that stupid". I just don't know how I could carry on if you did.

I say freedom of speech is just that. Doesn't mean anyone has to listen. If someone wants to be offended, oh well.
    Bill Davis

Quote Originally Posted by BonMallari View Post
    Is there anything this POTUS wont stick his nose into...arent there the Kansas City Chiefs ? Are you offended by the Redskins name? IMO this is political correctness gone too far
    Of course this POTUS thinks the Redskins should change their name. Hasn't he changed his own a few times? How about he changes his address, now that would make a lot of people happier than any manufactured indignation over the team name. And another thing, with all this wonderful PC taking over our lives, does anyone really think it's made any difference? People are ruder and nastier today than anyone ever dreamed of, 25 years ago before the term politically correct even existed.
    Julie R., Hope Springs Farm
    Chesapeake Bay Retrievers since 1981

Quote Originally Posted by Julie R. View Post
    Of course this POTUS thinks the Redskins should change their name. Hasn't he changed his own a few times? How about he changes his address, now that would make a lot of people happier than any manufactured indignation over the team name. And another thing, with all this wonderful PC taking over our lives, does anyone really think it's made any difference? People are ruder and nastier today than anyone ever dreamed of, 25 years ago before the term politically correct even existed.
    Bingo......
    Bill Davis

The only thing OFFENSIVE about the "Washington Redskins" is the Washington part!!!!!

I vote that they should change their name to the Capitol Niggards - under Snyder the product fielded does not represent the storied history of the Redskins .

Marvin S

Everyone's friend is No One's friend

Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!

Quote Originally Posted by Bay dog View Post
    The Washington Redskins was moved to DC in 1937. They are the second most valuable franchise in the NFL. They are worth 1,467 Billion. When the guy in the White House can post numbers like this, he can change their name. Doesn't he have more important things to worry about than this.
    now this is a rockin' first post for sure!
    Welcome to the RTF and the POTUS page of it Bay dog.
    might you have a Chesapeake droolin' on your pantleg as you type??
    "So what is big is not always the Trout nor the Deer but the chance, the being there. And what is full is not necessarily the creel nor the freezer, but the memory." ~ Aldo Leopold

"The Greatest Obstacle to Discovery is not Ignorance -- It is the Illusion of Knowledge" ~ Daniel Boorstin