The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: first dog, second trial

Default first dog, second trial

and a greenie!

image.jpg

test wasnt too difficult, had some weird water marks (bird placement wise), and cuts werent plentiful but still we finished.

second leg of double header didnt go so well. hour wnd fifteen minutes away from the trial i had a tire blowout. for those keeping score in the last month we've ran through barb wire and gotten 7 stitches and scratched first trial, stuck in mud last weekend, blew my engine 6 hours away and had to be towed home, bought a truck, and now a blowout. so i go to change the tire and apparently the dealer switched lug nuts because the lug wrench was 13/16 and i needed a 7/8. my mom had a friend 30 mins away who came with a 4-way. hour and half on the side of the road i was on my way. arrived an hour late (luckily was last dog anyway)

aired then watched 4 dogs then got mine ready. he took one of best lines over a mound to flyer and then we picked up for returning to flyer station after sending on memory. luckily i got a "no here" in time before getting to station and hunting and called him back. the judges were nice enough to let me finish my "training" aspect by having long gun stand up where he promptly pinned it. offered to be test dog for 3rd (second was a single ran after picking up double). some pretty intimidating water, a few pops, and a cast onto an island and i asked the judges could they pick up memory bird. they had a backup test dog on standby.

unfortunately the trial funds after last weeks excursion are low so this will probably be our last of the fall season. that just means more time for training and maybe we'll be ready for double staking in the spring before he ages out in march
    Attached Images Attached Images

Congrats on the Jam!! Mayhem Mhoon strikes again!
    image.jpg
    Bill Davis

Congrats. I understand about funds. You can only do what you can do! A good start. Good luck to you.
    HRCH Scaupgetters Tarnation QAA
    HR Blackie 2 CGN, WCI
    Metras's Hashtag Mickey

"Knowing how important right timing is in accomplishing right actions"
    Uncle Ray

I am a little confused about the tests discriptions.... If you will, tell us more about the first two tests.

In the first, where was the AOF of the Flier in relation to the memory birds AOF , about how many degrees apart were the lines to these two birds? Did they run the second series from the same line as the first series? That is to say, did the successfull handlers in the first series run the second series immeditally after picking up both birds in the first?
    If so, where were the first series gun stations in relation to the second series "Single" ?

john
    "i guess the old saying 'those of us that think we know everything annoy those of you that does' " --bobbyb 9/13/06

"A Good Dog is a Good Dog"

second derby of double D/Q first series:
    image.jpg

memory throwing towards hay bale on left go bird flyer throwing over mound on right. after you pick up memory the gunners went behind blinds to conceal themselves for when you ran second series. you turn to the left about 60 degrees and run the second series single from same mat:

image.jpg

throwing to right. notice the tree/shrub seperating the two tests on the right also note the line in relation to the tent.

Congrats on the Greenie! Keep up the training!

Go brown dog!

Chris
    __________________________________________________ _____________

Brownstone's Harley- "Harley" 7/29/2009 (By CH Woodhull's Roger That)
    Maple Hill's Ella Enchanted- "Ella" 8/30/2011 (By FC AFC Land Ahoy)

That's how it starts, a Greenie and you come back for more! Good luck in the future,
    you and your best friend have started a long adventure - Enjoy!!
    Dennis
    Revilo Tru Betrlate Than Never (AKC & CKC QAA) 1/17/96 - 6/22/09
    High Voltage Power Ranger MH

Congrats man!!

blake,
    great work! keep it up!
    john mccallie

Congrats !!!!
    Keep up the hard work.
    HRCH RP'S JUMP'N JOSIE MH
    HRCH GP'S PRINCESS HANNAH MH
    RP'S SOUTHERN BELLE