The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Gun Dog Broker

Thread: US Special Forces Raids in Somalia and Libya

Default US Special Forces Raids in Somalia and Libya

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2013/10...-terror-raids/
    US SEALS raided a villa in Somalia where perps from the Kenyan Mall attack were supposed to be.

Another group of Special Forces launched an attack in Tripoli, and brought back an A-Q leader alive who is #1 on the FBI most wanted list. This person was wanted for the 1998 embassy bombings in Kenya and Tanzania.

Irony ... the Somalian attack was very recent ... far more recent than Benghazi, but they already had located these bad guys, & took action. Yet, the Libyan raid was for a perp who committed acts 15 years ago. Wonder if it will be 15 years before there is justice for Benghazi? If they could go into Libya for this guy, why not for the Benghazi perps (who have already been identified)?
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

We had Osama Bin Laden right after 9/11 and we did not capture him for over 10 years. Just because we know who did it doesn't mean we can roll a squad car up to their house. I have no doubt we will eventually get this guy we have a good track record. Did you hear we just caught the guy who did the 98 embassy bombings? It is big news we should be celebrating.
    During break time at obedience school, two dogs were talking.
    One said to the other..."The thing I hate about obedience school is you learn ALL this stuff you will never use in the real world."

The Libya venture was in the OP, Henlee.

I don't think they want to capture the Benghazi perps ... they might reveal what the attack was all about. They know who the guy is and where he was.
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

What do you think they might say?
    During break time at obedience school, two dogs were talking.
    One said to the other..."The thing I hate about obedience school is you learn ALL this stuff you will never use in the real world."

Quote Originally Posted by Gerry Clinchy View Post
    http://www.foxnews.com/world/2013/10...-terror-raids/
    US SEALS raided a villa in Somalia where perps from the Kenyan Mall attack were supposed to be.

Another group of Special Forces launched an attack in Tripoli, and brought back an A-Q leader alive who is #1 on the FBI most wanted list. This person was wanted for the 1998 embassy bombings in Kenya and Tanzania.

Irony ... the Somalian attack was very recent ... far more recent than Benghazi, but they already had located these bad guys, & took action. Yet, the Libyan raid was for a perp who committed acts 15 years ago. Wonder if it will be 15 years before there is justice for Benghazi? If they could go into Libya for this guy, why not for the Benghazi perps (who have already been identified)?
    Gerry please share with us your internet findings on the "JUSTICE" the Bush admin meted out to the perpetrators of the 12 "Benghazi type" embassy attacks that occurred on his watch. Feel free to let us know of the cover ups and conspiracy that the "Main Street Media" performed in keeping these attacks out of the press

Marc, since you seem to be so well informed, why don't you share it. Your computer works just as well as anyone else's. have at it.
    Bill Davis

Quote Originally Posted by huntinman View Post
    Marc, since you seem to be so well informed, why don't you share it. Your computer works just as well as anyone else's. have at it.
    Did I just hear an echo..? JD
    One cannot reason someone out of something they were not reasoned into. - Jonathan Swift

Quote Originally Posted by JDogger View Post
    Did I just hear an echo..? JD
    Possibly... Were you talking to yourself?
    Bill Davis

Truthfully, mjh, I wasn't paying much attention back in 1998 ... that was 15 years ago now.

However, one distinctive issue about Benghazi that hit home with many people, I think, is that 1) no help was even attempted, when the original protective security had already been compromised; 2) the administration issued a bald-faced lie to explain the incident. I'm not sure most people are satisfied that our military, even though it has quick response teams, could offer no help whatever (by their own statement) for 24 hours.

Our military are asked to take military risks, but I'm not sure we should expect civilian State Dept. bureaucrats to take that level of risk. The civilians know their positions can become dangerous in unstable countries, but at least we give the military people a gun to fight back with (except, of course, when they are at a base here in the US).

Stevens may have been privy to the covert operation, and took that risk voluntarily. However, the IT person may not have "volunteered." The former SEALS may have known about the covert operation, but they DID have guns. Obviously, the did NOT know enough to expect that they would be denied reinforcements. Would the attack NOT have included the Annex if those SEALs had not gone to rescue those at the embassy? Dead men tell no tales, but when not all at the embassy ended up dead, it would have been a loose end.

Since it has been an accepted fact that our govt was providing small arms to the Syrian rebels, why did they need a cover-up? Theoretically, we weren't supposed to be providing even small arms to the rebels, but would such a revelation blown the roof off the election? Not likely, IMO. Back in Sept. 2012, most sentiment was with the rebels, not Assad. Things have changed since then as the rebels seem to be as brutal as Assad, himself. I believe there is more sentiment today that there just are no "good guys" in the Syrian civil war.

The Russian embassy in Tripoli was just recently attacked as well, but they were able to repel the attack. The details I've seen on this are slim, so it's hard to know if the attack on the Russian embassy was as large or forceful as the attack in Benghazi.

What would I expect that the perps might reveal? There are some suspicions, about the outpost being part of a gun-running operation for rebels in Syria. Those suspicions come from people who have some credentials to assess stuff like that. Knowing that such involvement would make the Benghazi outpost particularly dangerous, why would not the State Dept have suitable protections in place. The perps could help support or debunk those suspicions. Heck, the person of interest in question, even gave interviews!
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com