The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Closed National Mall to Open for illegals

Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    The "Wall" is now closed.

I have been to the "Wall."
    There were no guards there, you could visit at midnight, NO GUARDS!!!!

There are now guards and barriers to close the "Wall."

WHY??????

If you don't know and want the real answer, ask me, I'll tell you.
    I've been there too, Stan. And you're right; there were no guards there. Nor should there be.

As to why, you already know the answer. I don't know why you asked me the question, because you know me, and I'm pretty sure you know I would never be in favor of such a thing.

So, this is my answer to your question, but I'm really answering it for Bill. simply put, it's 'tit for tat'; partisan politics at it's worst. BOTH sides got us into this and have persisted in making a bad situation worse.

The Republicans in the House: (PARAPHRASED) If the Senate doesn't vote to de-fund the ACA we'll let a partial shutdown of the government happen!

The Democrats in the Senate: (PARAPHRASED) Oh yeah? Well go ahead, 'cause we won't vote to de-fund the ACA!

The Republicans in the House: (PARAPHRASED) Oh yeah? Well we're gonna do it and you're not gonna like it!

The Democrats in the Senate: (paraphrased) Oh yeah? you're not gonna like it either. Wait'll you see what WE do!

And they did, so they did......

So there's my answer, Bill. The legislative branch of our Government has devolved into a completely disfunctional Mob, and the President is totally ineffective at leading them out of this morass. I personally have no use for anyone that is a member of congress, or the President. I'm going to endure this crap until the next election and then vote against anyone on my ballot that is an incumbent.-Paul
    there's no good reason to fatten up a retriever.

Quote Originally Posted by paul young View Post
    I've been there too, Stan. And you're right; there were no guards there. Nor should there be.

As to why, you already know the answer. I don't know why you asked me the question, because you know me, and I'm pretty sure you know I would never be in favor of such a thing.

So, this is my answer to your question, but I'm really answering it for Bill. simply put, it's 'tit for tat'; partisan politics at it's worst. BOTH sides got us into this and have persisted in making a bad situation worse.

The Republicans in the House: (PARAPHRASED) If the Senate doesn't vote to de-fund the ACA we'll let a partial shutdown of the government happen!

The Democrats in the Senate: (PARAPHRASED) Oh yeah? Well go ahead, 'cause we won't vote to de-fund the ACA!

The Republicans in the House: (PARAPHRASED) Oh yeah? Well we're gonna do it and you're not gonna like it!

The Democrats in the Senate: (paraphrased) Oh yeah? you're not gonna like it either. Wait'll you see what WE do!

And they did, so they did......

So there's my answer, Bill. The legislative branch of our Government has devolved into a completely disfunctional Mob, and the President is totally ineffective at leading them out of this morass. I personally have no use for anyone that is a member of congress, or the President. I'm going to endure this crap until the next election and then vote against anyone on my ballot that is an incumbent.-Paul
    I totally agree with your last sentence.
    Bill Davis

I totally agree that the president can't lead. He is good at giving speeches but has no people skills.

I have been voting against incumbents for the past 10+ years. Unfortunately it hasn't helped yet but I will continue to do so because one day things will change.
    Hebrews 11:3 By faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God, so that the things which are seen were not made of things which are visible.

What if all we have today is what we gave thanks for yesterday?

Let the views of others educate and inform you, but let your decisions be a product of your own conclusions. (Jim Rohn)

Didn't you forget the rest of the discussion (if one can call it that?)

The House: Okay, if you won't defund it, how about just delaying the individual mandate, just like the delay for businesses?
    The Senate: Nope. We won't do that either.
    The House: Okay, then well, how about just eliminating all the exemptions, just like a bunch of other exemptions already granted?
    The Senate: Nope. We want the whole thing our way, or the highway.
    The President: I will not negotiate. Give me what I want, then we'll talk about some compromises. You know I've always been a compromising kind of guy.
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

Quote Originally Posted by shawninthesticks View Post
    Everyone seems to be on a side, I see it on TV ,internet and more .just like this thread everyone is blaming the other side... we have forgotten that we should all be on the same side ....America. Now back to your regularly scheduled blame game.
    What he said!!

Quote Originally Posted by Gerry Clinchy View Post

The House: Okay, if you won't defund it, how about just delaying the individual mandate, just like the delay for businesses?
    The House: Okay, then well, how about just eliminating all the exemptions, just like a bunch of other exemptions already granted?
    The President: I will not negotiate. Give me what I want, then we'll talk about some compromises. You know I've always been a compromising kind of guy.
    And Obama promised us "change". Yep, we got change........it got worse.
    charly

There ought to be one day -- just one -- when there is open season on Congressmen.
    ~Will Rogers~

Quote Originally Posted by Gerry Clinchy View Post

Gerry thanks for this post....it is amazing how some of these guys just miss it all....the Republicans in the House are trying to stop the bleeding the Dem's have continued since Obama was elected...they have to be stopped! How many more Trillon's has to be paid off by our Grandkids and Greatgrand kids, before these uninformed voters get involved in the fight?

"8 Democratic Reps Arrested at DC Immigration Protest
    The demonstration was intended to push Congress to pass immigration reform legislation, but also succeeded in pushing Reps. Joseph Crowley, Charles Rangel, Keith Ellison, Al Green, Luis Gutierrez, Jan Schakowsky, Raul Grijalva, and John Lewis into handcuffs, after they sat down in the middle of the street and blocked traffic with about 150 others, the New York Times reports."
    charly

There ought to be one day -- just one -- when there is open season on Congressmen.
    ~Will Rogers~

Senior Member Sundown49 aka Otey B's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by charly_t View Post
    "8 Democratic Reps Arrested at DC Immigration Protest
    The demonstration was intended to push Congress to pass immigration reform legislation, but also succeeded in pushing Reps. Joseph Crowley, Charles Rangel, Keith Ellison, Al Green, Luis Gutierrez, Jan Schakowsky, Raul Grijalva, and John Lewis into handcuffs, after they sat down in the middle of the street and blocked traffic with about 150 others, the New York Times reports."
    Would have been nice to load them on a plane and send them to Gitmo for a few water boarding sessions and get more of their fellow thieves arrested.
    My Dad said to me ."Son, a man just needs three things to be happy....A good dog, a good gun and a good wife.....Thank God I have all three
    Sundown's Boss of Delta Marsh JH (Louie QAA X Delta MH)
    Traveling Through The Graded Timber JH (2012 NAFC Trav X Timber MH QAA)

Sundown's Ruff And Tuff (Boss JH X Lil Bit) best pup I have ever raised
    Home of HRCH Sundown's Loaded To The Maxx (FC AFC Jamie X Dixie QAA) RIP
    www.sundownlabs.com