The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media

Thread: CKC Registered Dog Running US Trials??

Default CKC Registered Dog Running US Trials??

What are the rules as far as a dog registered in Canada running US field trials.

Can you enter the dog?

If so do the points count?

Talking field trials not hunt tests.

thanks. Randy
    May you pin all the marks and line the blinds!!

Avatar courtesy of RTF"s TZAPPIA

My understanding based on Chapter 8, Sections 1 and 2, of the AKC Field Trial Rules and is that Canadian dogs who are individually registered with the CKC and at least 6 months old and otherwise eligible may be entered in a field trial and continue to be entered in trials up to 30 days. The last class/stake has to be started within 30 days of the initial entry at which point the owner must have an extension notice granted by the AKC or an individual registration number. Presumably the points will count only after the dog is registered with the AKC. According to Chapter 14, Section 10, a dog with a Canadian FTCH or AFTCH title is qualified to participate in any stake including Open, Limited, Special or Restricted as long as it has satisfied the requirements for that stake in either Canadian or AKC trials. Dogs with FTCH or AFTCH titles are not eligible to enter the AKC Qualifying stake. Also, a new regulation was passed a couple of years ago but has not yet been published in the Field Trial Rules. It said, in essence, that a CKC registered dog that has earned a placement in an Open or the Amateur stake in Canada is not eligible to enter the AKC Qualifying stake. Hope this information helps.

Yes you have a time limit (30 d) to get your dog registered AKC for points to count. I had started my registration before I ran. It was completed post running, so the points counted.
    HRCH Scaupgetters Tarnation QAA
    HR Blackie 2 CGN, WCI
    Metras's Hashtag Mickey

"Knowing how important right timing is in accomplishing right actions"
    Uncle Ray

Thanks for the info. I recently aquired a CKC registered dog and wanted to be sure of the rules.

Randy
    May you pin all the marks and line the blinds!!

Avatar courtesy of RTF"s TZAPPIA