The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media

Thread: Training around Meeker OK, one or two days before trial?

Default Training around Meeker OK, one or two days before trial?

Taking off for the almost 2,000 mile drive from Bigfork to the Golden Specialty next week, thought I'd go a little earlier and hit a field trial on the way, so I signed up for the Sooner trial at meeker OK. I was hoping to arrive a day or two early and hook up with some locals to train a bit and knock the rust off from the long 2 1/2 day drive. I'll be bringing my trailer and noticed the KOA mentioned in the premium. Anybody on RTF that could point me in the direction of training grounds and group for a day or two next week, maybe Wednesday afternoon and Thursday? I have two all age dogs and one 15 year old along for the ride.

Thanks,

John

Hi John,

I know that RockErin Kennels does day training leases. There are RV hook ups at Lake Pawnee (Pawnee, Ok) and also in Glenco, OK. RockErin is where the Tulsa Ret. club holds it's Spring and Fall Trials.

http://www.rockerinkennels.com/

Rich Davis
    Official Launcher of the 2005, 2006,2007,2008,2009 & 2010 HRC Fall & Spring Grand!

Thanks Rich, I'll give them a call.

John,

When do you think you will arrive in Oklahoma?

Rich
    Official Launcher of the 2005, 2006,2007,2008,2009 & 2010 HRC Fall & Spring Grand!

John: You are welcome to camp on the SRC grounds but your late arrival would more than likely prevent you from training on my place . Your welcome to stay after the trial and train here though.. Locally Tim West, Judy carter, and Frank Proce may be available to train with.BillB

Quote Originally Posted by Gunners Up View Post
    John,

When do you think you will arrive in Oklahoma?

Rich
    I'm leaving Bigfork Monday morning, expect to arrive in OK either late Tuesday or around noon on Wednesday.

Quote Originally Posted by LabskeBill View Post
    John: You are welcome to camp on the SRC grounds but your late arrival would more than likely prevent you from training on my place . Your welcome to stay after the trial and train here though.. Locally Tim West, Judy carter, and Frank Proce may be available to train with.BillB
    Thanks for the offer, I would like to camp on the grounds if possible. How far away is the RockErin property?

Quote Originally Posted by John Robinson View Post
    Thanks for the offer, I would like to camp on the grounds if possible. How far away is the RockErin property?
    John,

RockErin is about 65 miles from Meeker. Great manicured grounds, awesome technical water. If you decide to train there let me know and I can sneak over on Wed. of next week.

Richard

Johna: Call me when you get close. Have you been here before? If not what Inter State will you be coming in 0n? BillB 405 831 4509