The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Whose Pat Dye? GDG

marvin,
    as testament to the alleged drinking habits of the legendary Coach Dye, last year about this time on the "finebaum show" Coach Dye said, "I wouldn't trade Gene Chizick for ten Nick Sabans!"

jacob, please post the audio of the interview of coach dye from you tube or whatever. i would but don't know how. It's hillarious!
    john mccallie

Or you could ink to the story about finding a pair of plaid pants with belt and wallet in them in Lake Martin a couple years ago with Pat's driver's license in the wallet. How do you lose your pants in the middle of a lake??????

Of course, as Pat himself once said, hindsight is 50-50.

As bad as it pains me to say it, he was a pretty decent FB coach, "keep it down home cuz" notwithstanding.
    Steve Wyatt

HR Belle's Rolling Big Rig "Jimmy"

According to UGA law students circa 1987, Pat Dye is a tortfeasor.
    ---------------------------------------------
    HRCH "Boomer" MH
    UH HR "Hunter" SH (RIP)

"When you go to a test or a trial, your dog should be underwhelmed." ~ Evan Graham

"It is unreasonable to expect a dog to be more precise than you are." ~ Rex Carr

"You own what you condone." ~ Mike Lardy

Quote Originally Posted by roseberry View Post
    marvin,
    as testament to the alleged drinking habits of the legendary Coach Dye, last year about this time on the "finebaum show" Coach Dye said, "I wouldn't trade Gene Chizick for ten Nick Sabans!"

jacob, please post the audio of the interview of coach dye from you tube or whatever. i would but don't know how. It's hillarious!
    Post the link or message it to me.

Speaking of drunks, I'm sure your gump fan base can't say anything. Glass houses, regards.

Jacob, as courteous as you always are, instead of glass house regards, surely you mean crystal football regards?

Quote Originally Posted by HuntinDawg View Post
    According to UGA law students circa 1987, Pat Dye is a tortfeasor.
    That may be true, and he may be a toper too, but Pat Dye Jr. just happened to graduate law school that same year and has become a leading sports agent - even representing a first-rounder or two by way of Tuscaloosa.

MG

I guess you plan on watching LSU win another BCS NAT CHAMP this year. Mighty gracious of you.

Quote Originally Posted by Jacob Hawkes View Post
    I guess you plan on watching LSU win another BCS NAT CHAMP this year. Mighty gracious of you.
    Yeah, gotta admit, I thought about "another" for LSU when Paul Dietzel died a couple weeks back - thinking that it took y'all, what, 50 years after the Chinese Bandits, for the next "another" to come along? Of course that was when Saban the Savior of downtrod college programs came along to Baton Rouge, too. Then he came and Sabanized the Tide and we're still living happily ever after - including, come January, National Championship No. 16 via another of those crystal football regards. Sorry, you've got all the NCs the 'Whos will ever have (3) so long as 'Bama marches to Saban's tune.

MG

Bless your heart. You buy into all those mythical NAT championships that your gump fan base claims???? Might want to do a lil history on those before you claim something that isn't so. Try winning your bowl game for starters, regards.

As far as LSU is concerned, another win in tuscaloser this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Jacob Hawkes View Post
    Post the link or message it to me.

Speaking of drunks, I'm sure your gump fan base can't say anything. Glass houses, regards.
    are we referencing Paul Bryant and his tendency towards bourbon? good thing he was drunk or lsu may have never beaten his teams the 3 or 4 times they did.

btw mg, i taught a history lesson on national championships claimed and otherwise on the cfb thread two years ago. history is a difficult subject!
    john mccallie

Wonder what Condi thought of Pat Dye on the 'Bama sideline back in the late 60s when she was evaluating - always evaluating - her (then-) favorite team? Quite a fan ever since she was "in business" with an old fishing buddy of mine.

MG