The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Losin'

Default Losin'

Mostly been lurking, lateley. It begins to look like lose, lose, lose, lose, for all concerned. Lose for the R's and the D's. Lose for O and the WH. Lose for Congress. Lose for Wall Street. Lose for the Tea's. Lose for the rest of us.
    Who's the winners? Somebody must be?

...or are we all losers?

George Carlin regards, JD
    One cannot reason someone out of something they were not reasoned into. - Jonathan Swift

Would be nice if there were some positives to come out of this.....unfortunately....the way folks are diggin' their heels in, even a winner will not be. A clear loser in this battle would be so embittered that it would only widen the existing chasm and make future relations even more difficult. Whether you are for or against this administrations policies....one must agree that the gap in American society is the greatest it has been since Vietnam.
    "What a difference a week makes. This week I feel like a football coach. Last week I felt like Britney Spears' choreographer."
    Coach Bob Green, Montana Tech

Quote Originally Posted by dback View Post
    Would be nice if there were some positives to come out of this.....unfortunately....the way folks are diggin' their heels in, even a winner will not be. A clear loser in this battle would be so embittered that it would only widen the existing chasm and make future relations even more difficult. Whether you are for or against this administrations policies....one must agree that the gap in American society is the greatest it has been since Vietnam.
    Even greater than Vietnam I suspect.
    Germany and Japan were once our foes. Now we consider them allies. So was Vietnam. Now we import much our seafood (farm-raised) from our former foe. The ebb and flow of $ makes allies of what were once foes.
    The force of economics might well bring this country together again.
    This administration will pass. What we replace it with will tell all. JD
    One cannot reason someone out of something they were not reasoned into. - Jonathan Swift

Quote Originally Posted by JDogger View Post
    Even greater than Vietnam I suspect.
    Germany and Japan were once our foes. Now we consider them allies. So was Vietnam. Now we import much our seafood (farm-raised) from our former foe. The ebb and flow of $ makes allies of what were once foes.
    The force of economics might well bring this country together again.
    This administration will pass. What we replace it with will tell all. JD
    This administration will pass. How much damage they do first will tell all.
    Bill Davis

Quote Originally Posted by huntinman View Post
    This administration will pass. How much damage they do first will tell all.
    Allow me to rephrase. This administration will pass, and be replaced at the will of the electorate in 2016. It may, or may not, meet my desire or that of others. It will most likely be the will of the majority. That is what a popular election is meant to prove. Whomever becomes the next POTUS no one yet knows. There still is a lot of water to pass the bridge.
    Only time will tell. That which is done today, may be undone tomorrow. That's how it works. Stalemate is not how it works. JD

Quote Originally Posted by dback View Post
    I find it interesting that the WH shut down incoming phone lines. But I also find it interesting that Mr. Market is responding weakly to what is happening in DC. As Sam Zell says & Sam's a fairly smart investor "I like the TEA Party & what they stand for"

What you are seeing in DC takes place fairly regularly at the local level - somehow folks get elected who have never taken a Civics class - just like DC .

Marvin S

Everyone's friend is No One's friend

Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!

I don't think it will pass. I really believe that the divisions are so deep and rooted that we are a divided nation that will soon fall. Not because of military action or debt problems, but our own inability to work together. By the time we all realize that we are all in this together and we should be working together it will be because we have already lost what made this country great to begin with.
    During break time at obedience school, two dogs were talking.
    One said to the other..."The thing I hate about obedience school is you learn ALL this stuff you will never use in the real world."

Quote Originally Posted by JDogger View Post
    Allow me to rephrase. This administration will pass, and be replaced at the will of the electorate in 2016. It may, or may not, meet my desire or that of others. It will most likely be the will of the majority. That is what a popular election is meant to prove. Whomever becomes the next POTUS no one yet knows. There still is a lot of water to pass the bridge.
    Only time will tell. That which is done today, may be undone tomorrow. That's how it works. Stalemate is not how it works. JD
    It's happened before... At least 17 times. So apparently it is.
    Bill Davis

For those who missed it, the House of Representatives has maintained Republican control. Since we were unable to win back the Senate or the White House the assignment of the House members is to do whatever they can to stop Obama and the Democrats from doing further damage to our economy and our country. Unless Obama and the Dems are welling to negotiate on cutting spending to match the new borrowing he wants to do, then a stalemate is the best they can do! Thank God the Republicans and Libertarians finally came together to fight Obama and the Dem's. As noted above, this has happened before, but even Billy 'cigar boy' Clinton came to the table to negotiate during his term, unlike Obama...so far! By the way, talk of a default is a lie...paying the interest on all debt is around 1% of the monthly revenues the Feds take in, they can make all payments, unless Obama tells them not to, for punishment to Americans...

stalemate is bliss. inactivity is the only positive thing a government like ours can do for a country like ours. i have said this before:

THESE SONS OF BITCHES HAVE DONE ENOUGH ALREADY!
    john mccallie