The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Congress

Well, aren't we feeling all high and mighty on this topic!? Wasn't this country founded on the premise that EVERYONE gets an opportunity to vote? All of you who gripe in all these threads that this group and that group should just follow the Constitution..... what the heck are you talking about now??????
    Mike Tome
    Duckdog's Fast Autofocus
    GMHRCH-III WR North Star's Deuce of Diamonds

MHR WR Pondview's Bar None 1994-2006

Duckdogphotography.smugmug.com

I am not a big fan of term limits, because in that last term that they are in office they go out not giving a shit what they do. Just trying to make a big splash.

So much of the constitution was right on the money, I am really surprised that this had gotten changed. Maybe it is hard to think of more politicians as a good thing and in truth I was initially trying to justify halving the number of people in the house, but then I read what the initial intent of founding fathers was and realized that they were right (again). The problem is the house is to strong, to much in to small of a body. Looking at the poles at any controversial piece of legislation, would it have passed if proper representation was there? The answer seems to me to be no and maybe that is how it ought to be. Congress with our money ought to be a tough hill to climb but if you have money and lobbyist it just isn't.
    During break time at obedience school, two dogs were talking.
    One said to the other..."The thing I hate about obedience school is you learn ALL this stuff you will never use in the real world."

I didn't say they couldn't vote, just that they shouldn't.
    During break time at obedience school, two dogs were talking.
    One said to the other..."The thing I hate about obedience school is you learn ALL this stuff you will never use in the real world."

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Tome View Post
    Well, aren't we feeling all high and mighty on this topic!? Wasn't this country founded on the premise that EVERYONE gets an opportunity to vote? All of you who gripe in all these threads that this group and that group should just follow the Constitution..... what the heck are you talking about now??????

I was thinking the same thing this morning, but honestly, sometimes I just don't have the strength...
    "For everyone to whom much is given, of him shall much be required." -- Luke 12:48

Raven - Moneybird's Black Magic Marker***
    (Esprit's Power Play x Trumarc's Lean Cuisine)
    Mick - Moneybird's Jumpin' Jack Flash***
    (Clubmead's Road Warrior x Oakdale Whitewater Devil Dog)
    Peerless - Moneybird's Sole Survivor
    (Two River's Lucky Willie x Moneybird's Black Magic Marker)

I am all for being governed by The Constitution, when do ya'll think we should start?
    It's such a shame that in the USA, defending Liberty has become such a heroic deed.

Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    I am all for being governed by The Constitution, when do ya'll think we should start?
    )
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

Back when they wrote the constitution there was no income tax. They never thought that the leeches could vote to steal the taxpayers hard earned money.
    Maybe a pay up or shut up vote.
    Hihope Hiland Heathen of Perth CD, RE, CGC, TDI

Henlee -

If we're to return to the original ratio of voters to Representatives, we need to revert some other things as well ....no direct election of Senators, no women's vote, only property holders could vote, etc.

The changes in the voting laws sort of make sense, that is except allowing non-citizens to vote.
    Eric

WRC HR Lennoxlove's Run with Wolves JH, WCX ("Cheyenne") ... still so fondly remembered
    HRCh Struan's Devil's in De Tails SH, WCX ("Lucy")
    SR CH Struan's Flight of Fancy JH ("Muse")
    Struan's Master of the Hunt JH, WC ("Charlie")
    Struan's Just Plain Perfect ("Jane")
    Struan's Driving Us Crazy ("Daisy") ... the baby in charge

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Johnson View Post
    Henlee -

If we're to return to the original ratio of voters to Representatives, we need to revert some other things as well ....no direct election of Senators, no women's vote, only property holders could vote, etc.

The changes in the voting laws sort of make sense, that is except allowing non-citizens to vote.
    I'm liking the property owners rule! If I recall that meant land not an HD TV.
    Hihope Hiland Heathen of Perth CD, RE, CGC, TDI

Mark Levins book,, and repealing the seventeenth amendment, where then all Senators would be chosen by STATE REPRESENTATIVES,
    It is far easier to spit on the work of others than it is to produce something better yourself.
    Brynmoors Prairie Sage JH ​(Sage) Just a dang fool huntin Dawg
    HRCH Calypso Seven Bales High SH (Bailey)
    HR Calypso Zoomin Loosies Mad Hader (Maddi) We loved you baby. R.I.P.
    FlatLanders Broken Pistol Ricochet SH (Flinch)

My Christian Name is Michael Baker..
    I have gone by "Gooser" since I was a "gossling"