The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Congress

Mark Levins book,, If you really like the Constitution, and belive in what its original intent was..

Mark Levins book,... Has an excellent explanation of a road map to get us back to some place of sanity.
    It also shows how bit by bit, law by law the Constitution has been manipulated so as to become a document that is now far far and away distant from what the founding Fathers worked so hard to establish

Mark Levins book,, "The Liberty Amendments " Is a very interesting read..
    It is far easier to spit on the work of others than it is to produce something better yourself.
    Brynmoors Prairie Sage JH ​(Sage) Just a dang fool huntin Dawg
    HRCH Calypso Seven Bales High SH (Bailey)
    HR Calypso Zoomin Loosies Mad Hader (Maddi) We loved you baby. R.I.P.
    FlatLanders Broken Pistol Ricochet SH (Flinch)

My Christian Name is Michael Baker..
    I have gone by "Gooser" since I was a "gossling"

Quote Originally Posted by MooseGooser View Post
    Mark Levins book,, If you really like the Constitution, and belive in what its original intent was..

Mark Levins book,... Has an excellent explanation of a road map to get us back to some place of sanity.
    It also shows how bit by bit, law by law the Constitution has been manipulated so as to become a document that is now far far and away distant from what the founding Fathers worked so hard to establish

Mark Levins book,, "The Liberty Amendments " Is a very interesting read..
    i agree. It is not just his opinion it is backed by many documented references.
    Hebrews 11:3 By faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God, so that the things which are seen were not made of things which are visible.

What if all we have today is what we gave thanks for yesterday?

Let the views of others educate and inform you, but let your decisions be a product of your own conclusions. (Jim Rohn)

It is far easier to spit on the work of others than it is to produce something better yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Tome View Post
    Well, aren't we feeling all high and mighty on this topic!? Wasn't this country founded on the premise that EVERYONE gets an opportunity to vote? All of you who gripe in all these threads that this group and that group should just follow the Constitution..... what the heck are you talking about now??????
    Actually it wasn't founded with an everyone can vote premise. For example women weren't allowed to vote in the beginning. I think it was 1918 or something like that when they got the right to vote. That said I agree that people who are uninformed and do vote aren't really helping. For example it is like the Senate voting for the Affordable Care Act without reading it. It can cause more issues than not voting.
    Hebrews 11:3 By faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God, so that the things which are seen were not made of things which are visible.

What if all we have today is what we gave thanks for yesterday?

Let the views of others educate and inform you, but let your decisions be a product of your own conclusions. (Jim Rohn)

Do not forget the difference between the Popular vote and electoral vote. as far as presidential election.
    Last edited by MooseGooser; 10-11-2013 at 10:13 AM.

All these issues SHOULD start at the Local level,, and be a result of individual state rights and powers.

More people SHOULD be involved with local and state elections.

Maybe the original thought on this post was a bit much. However considering how many people there are in the united states now does anyone agree that 435 representatives are to few to represent us? I think about how much congress gets wrong, not for lack of trying, but because they don't really understand what is going on. Is this the disconnect between Washington and voters? I think it is at least part of it. I guess before I go on does anyone agree that there are to few representatives?
    Ole and Sven are quietly sitting in a boat fishing, chewing and drinking beer when suddenly Sven says, 'I think I'm gonna divorce my wife - she ain't spoke to me in over 2 months.' Ole sips his beer and says, 'Better think it over...women like that are hard to find.'

No. The last thing our country needs is more politicians
    Mioaks Southbound Sammy JH
    Leatherwood's Here's Your One Chance Fancy

"Luck is the residue of design"- Branch Rickey

We need to return to a Republic,, and demand elected officials represent us.

No. The last thing our country needs is more politicians

Ha ha. When I initially started this post that was the argument I wanted to make! My original idea was to half congress. As I did some reading though I saw some wisdom in how it originally was. That with less politicians they would have less people to convince that their ideas were good and make passing laws easier, but with more people there arguments would have to be better and it would make it harder to buy votes with earmarks. In essence laws would have to make sense to a broader audience.
    Ole and Sven are quietly sitting in a boat fishing, chewing and drinking beer when suddenly Sven says, 'I think I'm gonna divorce my wife - she ain't spoke to me in over 2 months.' Ole sips his beer and says, 'Better think it over...women like that are hard to find.'