The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Stunning!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Henlee View Post
    These are sad and unfortunate things, but don't many of you support the shutdown? What the heck do you think shutdown means? I don't support any of it and I think it is bullshit, but I have had the opinion from day one. Did you think life was just going to roll on like nothing happened? If you think those benefits were covered why don't you go to Thomas.gov and pull up the bill and take a look, I am willing to bet it didn't make it into the bill. Don't for a second think that military brass would hang there own out for this bullcrap.
    These brave folks died in service to America, under contract!!

Shut down the aid to Pakistan...................endowment for the arts............DEA.........national education..............DOT.............need I really spell it out?
    The only thing to shut down is the fulfillment of the contract for service people killed in action?

Really?

Rk, some of these folks don't get it and never will!

Like I said, go read the law and see if your people included it, I am willing to bet they didn't.
    During break time at obedience school, two dogs were talking.
    One said to the other..."The thing I hate about obedience school is you learn ALL this stuff you will never use in the real world."

Quote Originally Posted by huntinman View Post
    He's done it before... Remember Benghazi?
    Any one find it odd that this potus can find the resources to block access to public land during a shut down but not for Americans being slayed while fully funded?

Quote Originally Posted by sick lids View Post
    Any one find it odd that this potus can find the resources to block access to public land during a shut down but not for Americans being slayed while fully funded?
    This is what get me the most. NO money, yet spending more money to block things than leave them as is.
    Hihope Hiland Heathen of Perth CD, RE, CGC, TDI

Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    These brave folks died in service to America, under contract!!

Shut down the aid to Pakistan...................endowment for the arts............DEA.........national education..............DOT.............need I really spell it out?
    The only thing to shut down is the fulfillment of the contract for service people killed in action?

Really?
    You forgot the PBS money!

Quote Originally Posted by Henlee View Post
    Like I said, go read the law and see if your people included it, I am willing to bet they didn't.
    Read commentary just a short while ago ... the person in charge of the payments' lawyers gave a narrow interpetation of the bill that was passed.

If Obama can "interpret" that he can change the ACA law at his will & convenience, then how come he couldn't step in and say, "Pay these families, and I'll take the flak"?
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

Quote Originally Posted by Gerry Clinchy View Post
    Read commentary just a short while ago ... the person in charge of the payments' lawyers gave a narrow interpetation of the bill that was passed.

If Obama can "interpret" that he can change the ACA law at his will & convenience, then how come he couldn't step in and say, "Pay these families, and I'll take the flak"?
    Obam really should be impeached for ignoring many laws starting with the illegals.

http://freebeacon.com/shutdown-doesn...h-in-pakistan/
    I think this demonstrates the point of making the shutdown as painful as possible ... according to shutdown protocol no grant should be under consideration for this program during a shutdown.
    USAID said that in the event of a shutdown it would “continue as many normal operations as possible,” according to the agency’s contingency plan, released on Sept. 27.

New grants are not supposed to be issued while the government is closed, except in emergency situations, or if a project is considered critical to foreign affairs.

“Any new grants or cooperative agreements during the period of a lapse in appropriations, unless award of the grant or cooperative agreement is necessary to support emergency activities or is critical to the conduct of foreign affairs should not be awarded,” the plan said.
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

http://www.defense.gov/Transcripts/T...nscriptID=5308

This is a transcript of a news conference before the shutdown explaining the DoD plans for the shutdown, what they could and couldn't do and why. It warns of the military inability to pay death benefits along with many other things. It basically cuts the crap and gets to what really happened. Which is to say House republicans knew that if they forced the government shutdown the military would not be able to pay death benefits during the lapse and it was only after the backlash they received did they scramble to pass a law that the president signed the same day it hit his desk. So I call B.S. on anyone trying to pin it on anyone but congress.
    During break time at obedience school, two dogs were talking.
    One said to the other..."The thing I hate about obedience school is you learn ALL this stuff you will never use in the real world."