The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media

Thread: Obamacare Update

Angry Obamacare Update

Let me get this straight:
    We’re going to be ‘gifted’ with a healthcare plan that we are forced to purchase and fined if we don’t, which purportedly will cover at least 10 million without healthcare, we are doing this without adding any new doctors, but we will have16,000 new IRS agents to force us to comply.
    The law was written by a committee whose chairman says he doesn’t understand it, passed by a Senate that didn’t read it but exempted themselves from it, and signed by a President who smokes, with funding administered by a Treasury Chief who didn’t pay his taxes, for which we’ll be taxed for four years before any benefits take effect, by a government which has already bankrupted Social Security, Medicare, and Medicaid, all to be overseen by a Surgeon General who is obese, and financed by a country that is broke!
    WHAT THE HECK COULDPOSSIBLE GO WRONG?
    Last edited by swampcollielover; 10-09-2013 at 09:09 AM.

According to various reports I've been reading, people are beginning to see how much ACA is going to cost. and getting sticker shock. I still stand by my predictions made on this forum that the ACA will increase the number the number of uninsured. The healthy will say "screw it", those that can't afford it will still be covered for free as they are now while the ones considered uninsurable because of medical conditions will purchase whatever they can afford putting those plans in a death spiral. With no "healthy premium income", the insurance companies will eventually say "calf rope" leaving the government to save us all with a single payer system they control which is what they wanted all along.

I say the ACA and Exchanges are working exactly as they were designed producing the desired end result - government health care .
    Last edited by M&K's Retrievers; 10-10-2013 at 10:03 AM.
    M&K's HR UH Tucker of Texoma JH
    M&K's SHR Prime Black Angus
    M&K's Miss Jessie Girl JH
    Sir Jacob of Lakeview-Jake
    Freeway JYD

Mike Whitworth

And there's more every day ... what is this stuff about "law of the land"? How can the Ds object to delay or repeal on the basis that O-care is "law"? What is in effect today is NOT the law as Congress passed it. Bad as that may have been, the un-legislated changes by the executive branch and, it would appear, the IRS ... where have I heard of them abusing their power before?
    The latest surprise came this week, when the Associated Press reported that individuals will have to obtain insurance coverage by mid-February in order to avoid an IRS penalty.

That's six weeks earlier than the March 31 deadline that previously was cited.

While an administration official confirmed the moved-up deadline to the AP, the reason the public now knows about it is because tax preparation company Jackson Hewitt pointed it out.
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

Ironic, for all the jobs that are being lost due to O-care in the US, it has created at least hundreds of jobs in Canada, since it is a Canadian company that has the contract to build this website. The costs of the total contract value, according to the Canadian company, is around $500 million though it's not quite clear exactly how the total amount is apportioned to the contracts. Looks like there might be some cost over-runs?

Since this company designs (and or manages) the Canadian system it might sound like a good idea on the face of it. Except that it could be quite different since that is a single-payer system, and O-care is not. There are 34 million people in all of Canada ... about 1/10 of the US population. There are 38 million people in California. PA has about 13 million people, and did not set up a state exchange. There are another 19 million people in NYS.

Is it possible that this company was in over its head when it gave the lowest bid?

A horrible thought just occurred to me ... call centers are part of the Canadian company's contract. What if they outsource that function? How would you feel trying to get answers about US health care from someone with an Indian accent while you might be a part-time worker, who is compelled to purchase coverage on an exchange, through a system that doesn't work?
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

By Elizabeth Harrington

Published October 02, 2013Washington Free Beacon

A Florida orthodontist and conservative watchdog group filed suit Tuesday against the Obama administration for its delay of the employer mandate portion of Obamacare, arguing the president cannot pick and choose what parts of the law he wants to enforce.

Judicial Watch filed a lawsuit on behalf of Dr. Larry Kawa, owner of Kawa Orthodontics in South Florida, challenging Obama's decision to postpone the employer mandate until 2015.

Kawa said he spent significant time and resources preparing for the mandate, which was ultimately suspended.
    Judicial Watch and Kawa say the president has violated the constitution in order to prevent political fallout from Obamacare in the 2014-midterm elections, and want the employer mandate to be enforced.

"If the law is to fail, let it fail now, not when it's politically convenient for the president," said Tom Fitton, president of Judicial Watch.
    Should be interesting.
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com

Healthcare.gov provides enrollment services for Americans in 36 states; the remaining 14 states and the District of Columbia, which operate enrollment programs in their own exchanges, represent 33.7 per cent of the U.S. population, according to census projections.

If the state-run exchanges were to have a similar response rate for six months, the national enrollment total would be approximately 2 million.

That number is less than 29 per cent of the 7 million the Obama administration would need, according to the nonpartisan Congressional Budget Office, in order to balance the new health insurance system's books and keep it from financial collapse.

'The administration's goal is seven million people in the first year,' Americans for Tax Reform president Grover Norquist, a long-time Obamacare opponent, told MailOnline. 'We are not on track for anything like seven million. New Coke was retired for being a smaller disappointment.'
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com