RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

Said goodby to Yoda yesterday... Topbrass New Millennium*** 8/16/98 - 10/8/13

13K views 89 replies 85 participants last post by  J. Walker 
#1 ·
I'm posting some pics of the best hunting dog I ever saw, will add some writing when my eyes clear later.

A younger John and Yoda around 2004...

Yoda in his "office" ready for work...

Test driving my new boat Fall 2009...

He's still got it at age eleven...

Yoda's last hunt two years ago...

See less See more
#2 ·
John,

What a wonderful tribute...such memories. I've enjoyed reading about Yoda, thanks for sharing him with RTF over the past few years. I hope these memories help easy the pain of your loss.

Condolences,

Lainee, Bullet, Tango and Riot

#3 ·
I'm so sorry for your lose. You can see the love you had for each other in the last picture. Very touching.

#4 ·
John,

Sorry for your loss! You two look like you made a great team. Yoda was lucky to have an owner like you!! Cherish the time you had together.

#6 ·
Gallery of sweet memories, what wonderful times you had and such a bond. Very sorry you had to say good bye. RIP and Godspeed, Yoda.

#9 ·
I will say it in a song.

Oh Danny boy, the pipes, the pipes are calling
From glen to glen and down the mountain side
The summer's gone and all the roses fallin'
It's you, it's you, must go and I must bide

But come ye back, when summer's in the meadow
Or when the valley's hushed and white with snow
I'll be here in sunshine or in shadow
I'll be here, oh Danny boy, I'll miss you so

God Bless

Keith

#10 ·
So sorry for you John. It is sad for all of us here when we lose one of the "avatar" dogs. They are the ones we have lived with and shared with by participating on this forum. Yoda you will be missed.

#11 ·
Very sorry to hear about your loss John. I can't imagine it isn't devastating. Bait has talked more than once about your hospitality and it says a lot about your kind heart. I made it to the last pic before crying. My sincerest condolences to you and your family.

#13 ·
Love is a wonderful thing, it clearly shows from 2 of Gods best creatures!

PEACE John, run like the wind Yoda!

stan b

#21 ·
Ahh... John, I'm so sorry. I just met Bait last weekend up in NJ and we were talking about you and your dogs. I'm glad you have all those great photos to go with the memories etched in your mind. Nothing better than a wonderful retriever who loves to hunt.

#22 ·
As I read the headline I said "uh oh" out loud. I am so sorry to hear this. I remember meeting Yoda at a hunt test in Missoula a couple years ago when he was just a "spectator" in the gallery. I could definately tell the love that you had for him then and also the times that I have spoke to you since then when you would mention him. It's a crazy hard thing to say "until we see each other again". You have to remember all the good times that you had together and also the good life that you gave him. Take Care John and I will be thinking about you and Yoda. Dusty, " from the boat ramp "

#24 ·
Sorry John, He had quite a run and made a million memories-

#26 ·
Dear, dear John:

You mentioned to me that you didn't know how long Yoda would be with you, but, of course, I couldn't accept that. I am so sorry for your loss, and it is such a big loss. I have all those photos of Yoda and we can keep him alive by using them again somewhere down the line----lots and lots of wondeful memories. My heart goes out to you and Cheryl.

Hugs, Glenda

Hug

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.