The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: How many of you who hunt from a boat or stand...

Quote Originally Posted by Erik Nilsson View Post
    I run the boaters dog parka, I usually use either a stand on the shore or a ground force dog blind. If from the boat I put the dog blind on the bow of my boat draped with the camo netting. He comes in from the back into the boat to the front deck then into the blind.
    Having dogs that are a bit more camouflaged than a black lab I figured I could go without hiding them, then my black lab buddies told me the ducks don't pay any attention to their dogs either. I know that ducks come right in as long as my dog is sitting still, even when he's right out in the open. Of course our ducks are not that wary yet up here in NW Montana, haven't been shot at much.

John

Yes the handle help but the dog ladder does the trick

Quote Originally Posted by John Robinson View Post
    Here's some construction pics. The boat in the hunting shot was my buddy Neil's boat, a Devlin SnowGoose, these or of my boat a Devlin Cackler that I lengthened, widened and took a little V out of the bottom for shallow water...

Nice work John. We use steps off the bow of our john boat, but still need to give them leverage now and then with pressure behind the head/neck area. I'll try to get some shots of the framework, but it's all decked out right now.

Evan
    "Prepare your dog in such a manner that the work he is normally called upon to do under-whelms him, not overwhelms him." ~ Evan Graham

“People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.”

― George Bernard Shaw

The Smartwork System for Retriever Training (link)
    http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?...59&ref=profile

I have a couple of those vests but got tired of lifting wet dogs. Bought a dog ramp that hangs off the side and the dogs use that

/Paul
    Paul Cantrell
    Black Ice Retrievers
    Marcola OR

Too many dogs to list (By some Bitch)

https://www.facebook.com/BlackIceRetrievers
    http://gundog2002.blogspot.com/
    "Helping Hunters Train Their Dogs"

I use a vest no handles. I like the extra buoyancy and protection from brush. In my War Eagle. I use the Avery Double Duty stand. It folds flat and it hangs over the side easy.

Quote Originally Posted by John Robinson View Post
    Having dogs that are a bit more camouflaged than a black lab I figured I could go without hiding them, then my black lab buddies told me the ducks don't pay any attention to their dogs either. I know that ducks come right in as long as my dog is sitting still, even when he's right out in the open. Of course our ducks are not that wary yet up here in NW Montana, haven't been shot at much.

John
    Yesterday for our Northwest Opener we hunted off the shore, my buddy hunted his lab from a dog blind and Riley sat next to me in the brush. I made a blind with a hole in the middle where he could go in and out.

openingday2013.jpg

Rileypintail.jpg
    HRC- Our season never ends

"Shoot fast or shoot last"

HR UH Nilsson's on a wing n a prayer SH WCX