The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: looking to buy poppers.......

Default looking to buy poppers.......

looking for about 10,000 poppers. we bought last time from fiocchi. not sure what we paid but looked today and found em for 16.00$ for 25 . anyone have any leads for a cheaper deal ??? thanks

Try Lion country supply. Just box 25,000 rounds of fiochi for $12.95 per box of 25.

They were out of stock when I bought test box, bit as soon as I verified, I ordered the rest and got the earlier this week.

Good luck finding them as they are scarce.

Gundog supply cheaper than dirt and ammo to go sell them by 1000 you might call and see if they would give you a discount

macks prairie wings had kent for about 9.00 a box might be out now tho

Our club has decided to purchase the Thunder noise makers (may not have the name right). They are equivalent to about one case of poppers and are also safe for the bird boys. They make as loud a noise too. They use a MAPP gas canister which is good for a ton of rounds. They are small enough that a kid can have it on his shoulder and shoot and throw.
    www.duckclubofoklahoma.com
    www.arcadiaretrievers.com
    Home of:

Bayou Magic's Rouxster Bleu "Bleu" Amateur Win
    Arcadia's Senor Jefe (Ret) 10 1/2 AA pts
    Co/owner FC/AFC Wing Magic's Louisiana Roux MH (Ret)
    AFC Arcadia's Say Goodnight Gracie (RIP)
    Arcadia's He's A Cracker "Archie" (RIP)

Quote Originally Posted by dwittler View Post
    macks prairie wings had kent for about 9.00 a box might be out now tho

Macks has been out of the Kents poppers for the past 6 months. I am on their email about status list, and check once a week. At that price, I have a feeling they will not be getting them back in, since every other place is selling them for closer to $20 per box.

Quote Originally Posted by Tim West View Post
    Our club has decided to purchase the Thunder noise makers (may not have the name right). They are equivalent to about one case of poppers and are also safe for the bird boys. They make as loud a noise too. They use a MAPP gas canister which is good for a ton of rounds. They are small enough that a kid can have it on his shoulder and shoot and throw.
    Better do a lot of training with the kids on having them primed and ready to roll. I judged a trial a few weeks ago that was using them and we had numerous no-birds because the kids would forget to prime the popper. Then you have the delay, which is too long if the dog is staring right at it, or worse trying to decide where to look.

With experienced hands... Great. New kids, not so much.
    Bill Davis

Poppers or primer loads. I use primer loads because the are not as loud as poppers and are safer. Dogs afield has a good price.

I have 9,000 rounds for sale $170 case winchester poppers 12 gauge. 36 cases if you are still looking jtuma2@gmail.com Jon.

Quote Originally Posted by Tim West View Post
    We (Jacksonville Retriever Club) just did this also.

Buck