The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Gun Dog Broker
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: A Navajo NAPI license costs $400.00 to.......

Sounds good to me except for the part about the limit not counting. A limit is a limit, don't think it would be right to go on the res and bag a limit then go off and bag another.

Mark, if you know well checkers out there, they will know which fields are getting used by the geese - or check yourself the afternoon before a hunt. Even with a small spread you can pull a few geese off of the big flocks - enough to limit. For the far edge of the pacific flyway, there is nothing I've seen like it.

My gunsmith and his son have hunted that area a couple of years, and over the years I've known others. Its not cheap, but its the best around here.

They limit the number of trespass tags, too, so you are never overwhelmed with other hunters. I don't ever recall seeing anyone else, now that I think of it.

Hope you get a limit!
    Chuck

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Shaver View Post
    Sounds good to me except for the part about the limit not counting. A limit is a limit, don't think it would be right to go on the res and bag a limit then go off and bag another.
    I'm not sure about waterfowl, but at least in NM I can buy an elk tag on the Jicarilla Reservation and still have a NM tag. I suspect waterfowl are the same. Trying to shoot two limits in this county would be a lot of work, though. Right or wrong, I'll bet its legal. It is for big game.
    Chuck

State bag limits are set in conjunction with the USFWS and apply to privates and public lands. I second duck4me's call of BS. A lease for hunting rights on 72,000 acres for $400??? I think NOT.

Irishwhistler.

Its so hard to be wrong, isn't it?

Its no lease, its right to access. A trespass fee on a portion of the Navajo Nation. And Indian Reservations are different. They are separate nations by treaty and law. They are definitely not public nor private. I don't know about waterfowl, Mark can reply to that, but i know its true for big game.

http://www.navajopride.com/Hunting.html

http://www.nndfw.org/2011-2012%20Gam...oclamation.pdf

and check the "Open Areas"

take a look, come hunt the Navajo Nation
    Last edited by dr_dog_guy; 10-13-2013 at 12:23 PM.
    Chuck

It sounds to me its 400 a day per person? I havnt checked into it that much yet

$400 per person per season, not per day.
    Chuck

Only 400? Heck in arkansas a 40 acre rice field in decent duck area is usually 4,000 which doesn't include diesel to pump it. The best 40 acre fields hardly ever open up and if they do are around 6-8,000. Flooded timber can run from 15,000-25,000 for 80-150 acres. Club dues usually charge 5-10,000 for decent hunting and 6 digits for phenomenal hunting. If I was out there I wouldn't think twice about this oppurtunity

Morning all.
    Reading the rules, the way I am understanding it, NO double limit.
    What I am not getting tho is the reservation limit is 7 ducks and 4 geese, where state is 7 ducks and 3 geese.
    Im going to get my Navajo nation small game license with bird validation today, and might be able to meet up with the safety guy and get my NAPI permit.
    Once I get it, Ill fill you all in.
    It is 400 bucks for all season, to access all the fields, ponds, and canals, on 72,000 acres of the place.
    They will give me maps.
    Reservations are sovereign nations. They make their own rules.
    Heck, I need a picture work permit to work on the Jicarilla and Southern Ute reservations.

Mark, the Navajo's use the Arizona limits, not the NM limits. Probably its because Window Rock is in AZ, but its been that way as long as I've lived here.

They make you have a picture ID on the Southern Ute? I have one for the Jicarilla, but not the Utes. They are probaby too used to me, or all the rangers have my picture on the dash.
    Chuck