The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media

Thread: New Americans ?

Default New Americans ?

I have been hearing that a certain company near here is slowly replacing the Americans with young people from other countries. I have no idea if these people plan to become US citizens or not. The company policies are of course changing. One young lady that I know says it's not only the company policies but the air in the office building that is changing !!! One high ranking employee from another country smells so bad the BO is even in the hall outside of his office she tells me. Another person told me that some of these young people from other countries use the gym where he goes. He says the BO in the gym gets bad when they come in to start exercising before they even start to work out. I hope that if they stay in this country that they learn to bath.
    charly

There ought to be one day -- just one -- when there is open season on Congressmen.
    ~Will Rogers~

What country or countries are these "new Americans" from?

Quote Originally Posted by Terri View Post
    What country or countries are these "new Americans" from?
    Not sure. They are not Hispanic though. Some are ( I believe ) from India but not all. From their attitude my friend seems to think they are from the "ruling class" in their home country. At least the way they try to boss everone around it would seem that they are from the ruling class where ever they came from. The few from Germany don't seem to fit the above description though. The few from Germany can be understood but the others can't seem to speak "American".
    charly

There ought to be one day -- just one -- when there is open season on Congressmen.
    ~Will Rogers~

Quote Originally Posted by charly_t View Post
    Not sure. They are not Hispanic though. Some are ( I believe ) from India but not all. From their attitude my friend seems to think they are from the "ruling class" in their home country. At least the way they try to boss everyone around it would seem that they are from the ruling class where ever they came from. The few from Germany don't seem to fit the above description though. The few from Germany can be understood but the others can't seem to speak "American".
    This is too funny not to tell now. I was on a job and a electrician was waiting for the home owner to show up (new construction). The electrician putted around for an hour waiting to go over whatever changes the owners wanted to make, but he had other business to attend to that day also. As he was packing up to head to another job the owners pulled up and proceeded to start telling him what they needed changed. He politely informed them they had an appointment and he had waited for over an hour for them and now he had to be at another job and that they would have to reschedule for early next week. This clearly irritated them as the two shared a short loud-heated talk in some gibberish no one but they understood drawing a small group of workers to see just what is going on. The wife looks back at the electrician and tells him "Where we come from people like you worship our feet." The electricians response " In our country people like you can kiss my ass!" He also informed them that he would not do any changes as it was too late and he would fulfill his contract and that they could pay some one else to make the changes that they wanted after they closed on the house.

Had another funny one with an immigrant builder, building a house for one of his family members. The family member wanted a border around a room and the installers gave them a change order with price that the future home owner signed. The day before they closed on the house we still had not gotten paid for the border. I was sent to the house to collect from the builder or homeowner as both were there at the time doing a final inspection. I spoke to the builder first and he said to talk to the homeowner as they signed. The homeowner was very disrespectful to me in English and some other gibberish and left. With no chance of collecting from either party I went out to my truck and brought in some tools, before the builder could say a thing I had run a saw up and down that room spraying dust every where. He couldn't believe I would take the time to tear it out instead of giving it to them for free, also informed me he was going to charge us for the cleanup, I told him we would gladly pay for it when we collected for the border. My boss at the time almost died when he found out what I did, I told him I was not going to put my hours down that I had too much fun.

Quote Originally Posted by sick lids View Post
    This is too funny not to tell now. I was on a job and a electrician was waiting for the home owner to show up (new construction). The electrician putted around for an hour waiting to go over whatever changes the owners wanted to make, but he had other business to attend to that day also. As he was packing up to head to another job the owners pulled up and proceeded to start telling him what they needed changed. He politely informed them they had an appointment and he had waited for over an hour for them and now he had to be at another job and that they would have to reschedule for early next week. This clearly irritated them as the two shared a short loud-heated talk in some gibberish no one but they understood drawing a small group of workers to see just what is going on. The wife looks back at the electrician and tells him "Where we come from people like you worship our feet." The electricians response " In our country people like you can kiss my ass!" He also informed them that he would not do any changes as it was too late and he would fulfill his contract and that they could pay some one else to make the changes that they wanted after they closed on the house.

Had another funny one with an immigrant builder, building a house for one of his family members. The family member wanted a border around a room and the installers gave them a change order with price that the future home owner signed. The day before they closed on the house we still had not gotten paid for the border. I was sent to the house to collect from the builder or homeowner as both were there at the time doing a final inspection. I spoke to the builder first and he said to talk to the homeowner as they signed. The homeowner was very disrespectful to me in English and some other gibberish and left. With no chance of collecting from either party I went out to my truck and brought in some tools, before the builder could say a thing I had run a saw up and down that room spraying dust every where. He couldn't believe I would take the time to tear it out instead of giving it to them for free, also informed me he was going to charge us for the cleanup, I told him we would gladly pay for it when we collected for the border. My boss at the time almost died when he found out what I did, I told him I was not going to put my hours down that I had too much fun.
    Love both those stories. One son has a new boss from another country. Lets just say the new boss now has a clear view of what that son won't do ( which is outside of his job description by a long way.......my children have two parents who were born with the need to "charge red flags", VBG ). Thanks for posting those stories. I enjoyed them a whole lot. When Hubby retired he went to work part time for a man from India. He never once yelled at my husband for anything but he sure yelled at a close friend of my husband.......that friend had a very bad stress attack at that time which damaged his heart. Lovely Catholic man whoes lovely Catholic wife got that man from India straightened out when he called their home to talk to her husband and she was of course the one who answered the phone ( God Bless her ).
    charly

~Will Rogers~