The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 60% Americans Want New Political Parties _ Gallup Poll

I agree there is a need for such a party, but I don't see it gaining unless one of the majors suddenly implodes. The way the Republicans are heading that may happen. Other than that event, I don't see the need as creating the reality.

I am not willing to trust the current politicians that claim to be Libertarians. To me, they look like the same old harda$$ed, retrograde, conservative Republicans. Already the Libertarian message is clouded up by them.
    Zeus

I don't want to feed an ugly dog!

Quote Originally Posted by zeus3925 View Post
    I agree there is a need for such a party, but I don't see it gaining unless one of the majors suddenly implodes. The way the Republicans are heading that may happen. Other than that event, I don't see the need as creating the reality.

I am not willing to trust the current politicians that claim to be Libertarians. To me, they look like the same old harda$$ed, retrograde, conservative Republicans. Already the Libertarian message is clouded up by them.
    Elaborate or give examples please because it your are talking about Rand, there is no doubt that he is morphing from a Libertarian into a Republican. The Repubs imploded during the Bush43 years. Republicans are a broken brand and I doubt they can change their image. In the business world, they would be shut down as it is too costly to revive a brand once it has fallen. 5 Myths of the Libertarian Party http://reason.com/archives/2013/08/1...t-libertarians "In 1975, Ronald Reagan saw a kinship between libertarians and his party: “If you analyze it, I believe the very heart and soul of conservatism is libertarianism,” he said."
    Last edited by Franco; 10-18-2013 at 09:52 AM.
    It's time we abandon our party affiliations and rather than being good Dems or good Repubs we all become good Americans. MJH345

Rand Paul is one I have particularly in mind.

I am not that out of sync with what the Libertarian viewpoint but I am not too sanguine about the party's viability. At best I would expect one of the majors to co-opt the libertarian agenda.

Get back to you later. Going out to run my dogs today. Have a good one. Great discussion!
    Zeus

I don't want to feed an ugly dog!

I am not that out of sync with what the Libertarian viewpoint but I am not too sanguine about the party's viability. At best I would expect one of the majors to co-opt the libertarian agenda.
    Yes, Rand has strayed from the flock on social issues. No doubt we have influenced the dialog. Smaller government, less spending, Balanced Budget Amendment, educational freedom, tax reform all started many years ago by the good Dr Ron Paul. If it wasn't for DR Paul's insistence on auditing the Fed in 2009, the American tax payer would have never learned that the USA loaned 15Trillion to foreign banks at 0% interest! The Libertarian Party and Ron Paul gave many of them their current talking points. The problem is, they can't take it any deeper than talking points.
    Last edited by Franco; 10-18-2013 at 10:01 AM.
    It's time we abandon our party affiliations and rather than being good Dems or good Repubs we all become good Americans. MJH345

In Virginia, they have prohibited the Lib candidate from participating in the debates for Gov. They had one debate, did not allow the Third Party, and I think got their hands slapped, so they are not going to hold any more debates. Pretty Sad.

Add to that, that in mid 2012, the Republican Party changed how they chose a candidate from Primary votes of the people, to Convention votes, attended mainly by supporters of one candidate, who of course is the candidate for that party. The problem is, the Tea Party says they are acting in the name of the people, but it is in fact them who took the vote out of the people's hands. Pretty sad.

Get back to you later. Going out to run my dogs today. Have a good one. Great discussion!
    Yes, good discussion. Only people that can't articulate resort to name calling. We have a lot of that here on Potus Place. I fear that I may have to put my 14 year old yellow Lab female down this weekend. Lots of great memories in the field and marsh with her. I've had her since she was 6 weeks old. She is having a hard time standing, doesn't eat and is constantly panting. I'll see what the vet has to say first.
    Last edited by Franco; 10-18-2013 at 10:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    .................................................. .................................................. ............ I fear that I may have to put my 14 year old yellow Lab female down this weekend. Lost of great memories in the field and marsh with her. I've had her since she was 6 weeks old. She is having a hard time standing, doesn't eat and is constantly panting. I'll see what the vet has to say first.
    So sorry to hear this. .................................................. .........
    charly

There ought to be one day -- just one -- when there is open season on Congressmen.
    ~Will Rogers~

Quote Originally Posted by Zman1001 View Post
    In Virginia, they have prohibited the Lib candidate from participating in the debates for Gov. They had one debate, did not allow the Third Party, and I think got their hands slapped, so they are not going to hold any more debates. Pretty Sad.

Add to that, that in mid 2012, the Republican Party changed how they chose a candidate from Primary votes of the people, to Convention votes, attended mainly by supporters of one candidate, who of course is the candidate for that party. The problem is, the Tea Party says they are acting in the name of the people, but it is in fact them who took the vote out of the people's hands. Pretty sad.
    I agree, poor politics. I'm all for Open Primaries and open debates.

Quote Originally Posted by charly_t View Post
    So sorry to hear this. .................................................. .........
    Thanks Charly! She has been a wonderful companion! We've spent a lot of time together. She was an awesome hunting dog, always got her birds, great in the house and 100% trained by me.

Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    Thanks Charly! She has been a wonderful companion! We've spent a lot of time together. She was an awesome hunting dog, always got her birds, great in the house and 100% trained by me.
    I feel for you. I thought I was going to have to bury hubby the last time that he lost a very good dog. There is no comfort that anyone can give to the person who loses a good dog. Words are very poor in these instances.
    charly

There ought to be one day -- just one -- when there is open season on Congressmen.
    ~Will Rogers~