The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 60% Americans Want New Political Parties _ Gallup Poll

Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    Yes, good discussion. Only people that can't articulate resort to name calling. We have a lot of that here on Potus Place. I fear that I may have to put my 14 year old yellow Lab female down this weekend. Lots of great memories in the field and marsh with her. I've had her since she was 6 weeks old. She is having a hard time standing, doesn't eat and is constantly panting. I'll see what the vet has to say first.
    Sorry to hear Franco. One likes to let nature take its course but we can't stand to see them suffer.

Quote Originally Posted by caryalsobrook View Post
    Sorry to hear Franco. One likes to let nature take its course but we can't stand to see them suffer.
    Thanks Cary. I am hoping that it is only a lung infection as to why she is not eating and always panting and hacking. She has a hard time trying to stand that has gotten gradually worse. I've being dreading what may be the inevitable with her. She was retired from hunting 3 seasons ago. I just can't imagine her not being around watching Football with me or barking at my daughter's cats.
    Last edited by Franco; 10-18-2013 at 11:17 AM.
    “The end of democracy and the defeat of the American Revolution will occur when government falls into the hands of lending institutions and moneyed incorporations.” –Thomas Jefferson

Thanks Cary. I am hoping that it is only a lung infection as to why she is not eating and always panting and hacking. She has a hard time trying to stand that has gotten gradually worse. I've being dreading what may be the inevitable with her. She was retired from hunting 3 seasons ago. I just can't imagine her not being around watching Football with me or barking at my daughter's cats.
    I read someplace that dogs will not eat if they can't smell. I'm guessing that is what you are thinking also with the possible lung infection.
    charly

There ought to be one day -- just one -- when there is open season on Congressmen.
    ~Will Rogers~

Quote Originally Posted by charly_t View Post
    I read someplace that dogs will not eat if they can't smell. I'm guessing that is what you are thinking also with the possible lung infection.
    That and I'm looking for any reason not to have her put down. We all know that one day we will lose them. I was hoping that when she did go, it would be quietly in her sleep and at home.
    “The end of democracy and the defeat of the American Revolution will occur when government falls into the hands of lending institutions and moneyed incorporations.” –Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by zeus3925 View Post
    I agree there is a need for such a party, but I don't see it gaining unless one of the majors suddenly implodes. The way the Republicans are heading that may happen. Other than that event, I don't see the need as creating the reality.

I am not willing to trust the current politicians that claim to be Libertarians. To me, they look like the same old harda$$ed, retrograde, conservative Republicans. Already the Libertarian message is clouded up by them.
    I wonder from this conversation whether anyone was around when "United We Stand" was a violable party with 24% of the vote in the election for POTUS. Fiscally Conversative - Socially Moderate (while still retaining family values) .

Marvin S

Everyone's friend is No One's friend

Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!

Quote Originally Posted by zeus3925 View Post
    The Ohio action is clearly unconstitutional.

In Minnesota we have a 5% rule. If a third party garners 5% in a statewide election then the state considers it a major party. All others can gain access to a ballot by petition.

The Independence Party did win the governorship under Jesse Ventura and briefly Dean Barkley served as a US senator appointed by Ventura to fill out a vacant seat. The party fielded a premium grade cabinet that had promise. Ventura's egocentric behavior eventually eclipsed the cabinet. His peevishness sank any chance of a second term. The party ran a high profile conservative former congressman as a replacement and lost badly. Since then it ekes out it 5%, but has faded dramatically.

Ventura won in a vacuum of sorts. Skip Humphrey(D) and Norm Coleman(R) each had cadres of critics. Both of them got caught in a very vicious fur ball with all the venom of lawyers seeking a jugular. It got to be too ugly for Minnesota Nice and the electorate picked Ventura.
    During Jesse's run for Governor he came in with virtually no chance of winning because of no money and no backing, he handily took the debate and the seat, the only thing that stood in the way of him not being elected again is the simply fact that he didn't run. Very tough to win a re-election , when you don't run.

Yes, good discussion. Only people that can't articulate resort to name calling. We have a lot of that here on Potus Place. I fear that I may have to put my 14 year old yellow Lab female down this weekend. Lots of great memories in the field and marsh with her. I've had her since she was 6 weeks old. She is having a hard time standing, doesn't eat and is constantly panting. I'll see what the vet has to say first.
    Franco you are one of the few I enjoy bantoring with, always respectful of a different point of view.

Sorry to read about your girl. Cherish the memories, those never leave you.
    Never trust a dog to watch your food!

Quote Originally Posted by mngundog View Post
    During Jesse's run for Governor he came in with virtually no chance of winning because of no money and no backing, he handily took the debate and the seat, the only thing that stood in the way of him not being elected again is the simply fact that he didn't run. Very tough to win a re-election , when you don't run.
    By the time he made the decision not to run, He was pretty well boxed in by the press who he went out of his way to offend. He was far from blameless in his downfall. His term "Media Jackals" did not endure him with the fourth estate. The final act came with the often played angry exchange with a citizen during a Public Radio call in show. It was the end of a long series of actions on Ventura's part that left a impression of a man who possessed a very thin skin.
    Zeus

I don't want to feed an ugly dog!

Franco, I hope the vet can piece together your old dog for a bit longer. You must have taken darn good care of her to go that long. Hearts are with you.
    Zeus

I don't want to feed an ugly dog!

Very sorry to read about your girl.
    You and her are in my thoughts & prayers!
    (My way of sending positive vibes)

Peace brotha!