The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Gun Dog Broker
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Religion & the Military

Default Religion & the Military

Has the military over-reached? We have seen instances where they have bent over backward to "respect" the beliefs of Muslims and atheists, yet, that does not seem to be the same perspective they take on Christianity.
    Several dozen U.S. Army active duty and reserve troops were told last week that the American Family Association, a well-respected Christian ministry, should be classified as a domestic hate group because the group advocates for traditional family values.

The briefing was held at Camp Shelby in Mississippi and listed the AFA alongside domestic hate groups like the Ku Klux Klan, Neo-Nazis, the Black Panthers and the Nation of Islam.

A soldier who attended the briefing contacted me and sent me a photograph of a slide show presentation that listed AFA as a domestic hate group. Under the AFA headline is a photograph of Westboro Baptist Church preacher Fred Phelps holding a sign reading “No special law for f***.”

American Family Association has absolutely no affiliation with the controversial church group known for picketing the funerals of American servicemembers.
    http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2013/...ic-hate-group/
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

"Several dozen U.S. Army active duty and reserve troops were told last week that the American Family Association, a well-respected Christian ministry, should be classified as a domestic hate group because the group advocates for traditional family values."

Who are they well respected by? Wasn't aware that Traditional Family Values meant hate thy neighbor? This is a ministry of contemp and surely has nothing to do with the teachings of the Rabbi Jesus. This is the kind of ministry Thomas Jefferson tried to warn us about!
    Last edited by Franco; 10-14-2013 at 08:33 PM.
    The Libertarian Party believes that all persons are entitled to keep the fruits of their labor. A call for the repeal of the income tax, abolishment of the Internal Revenue Service and all federal programs and services not required under the U.S. Constitution. We support the passage of a "Balanced Budget Amendment" to the U.S. Constitution, provided that the budget is balanced exclusively by cutting expenditures, and not by raising taxes. LP.org

This was on fox news so it must be true and not spun in any way.

Quote Originally Posted by Henry V View Post
    This was on fox news so it must be true and not spun in any way.
    "Fair & Balanced"

Its par for the course. The destruction of the family unit has been on their bucket list for decades. If you can make the christian group or any group for that matter be the the enemy they are way easier to pull the trigger on. Give it some time. hitler used the same tactics but it took him a while to get the public up to speed.

Pete
    John 5 :30
    I can of my own self do nothing ,as I hear , I judge,,and my judgement is just, because I seek not my own will,,but the will of the father which hath sent me
    John 7:16 -- Jesus answered them and said my doctrine is not mine, but his that sent me.
    mark 16:9 -- So then after the lord had spoken unto them,he was received up in heaven, and sat on the right hand of God
    I Tim. 2:5 --For there is one God and one mediator between God and man ,, the man Christ Jesus

So would the Westboro Baptist Church is also considered a hate group?

they are Christians.....all Christians are members of a "hate group".

1. the "Rabbi" told us to "Love thy neighbor as thyself...." so Christians are commanded to "love others".

2. when he witnessed the activties in the tabernacle of his day the "Rabbi" displayed righteous anger. So Christians, like the "Rabbi" must "hate sin".

it is logical that, if one only identifies themselves as the "sin" they commit, then they will consider those that "hate sin" must also hate them as a person. this is not good logic!

example; let's say, i am a dometic abuser and i often beat my wife. the fact is a true Christian loves me and wishes to help me with this problem. this same Christian also hates domestic abuse.

but if i say to myself, "I am a wife beater....it's what i do, it is who i am!". then my faulty, "worldy logic" would follow that, "Christians hate domestic abuse, they hate me!" NOT TRUE! does that make sense?
    john mccallie

In the Christian religions there have always been people who did not understand what a Christian should be ( act, worship, live etc. ). Some turn into haters/fanatics but not all. You have to look at them like roseberry just told us that Christians should look at sinners. And there are always sinners in Christian churches and always will be...........we don't need to judge all Christians by the misguided Christians. We are all sinners and working on our own character..........some loose their map for that road and others just never found the map. I have lots of faults and I'm here to tell you that I fight my evil inclinations every day. I am a person who was programed by my genes to kill people when they cause pain and problems to my friends and family.
    I hope people don't judge me by my genes
    charly

There ought to be one day -- just one -- when there is open season on Congressmen.
    ~Will Rogers~

Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    "Several dozen U.S. Army active duty and reserve troops were told last week that the American Family Association, a well-respected Christian ministry, should be classified as a domestic hate group because the group advocates for traditional family values."

Who are they well respected by? Wasn't aware that Traditional Family Values meant hate thy neighbor? This is a ministry of contemp and surely has nothing to do with the teachings of the Rabbi Jesus. This is the kind of ministry Thomas Jefferson tried to warn us about!
    Do you have an example of them advocating hating your neighbor? I am not saying they haven't ever said it but I have not seen any evidence that they did. I personally do not agree with their mode of action, but wouldn't classify it as a ministry of contempt. I wouldn't classify it as a ministry at all but a lobbying group, and I think the modern day equivalent for "tax collectors" are Lobbyists.

Quote Originally Posted by mudminnow View Post
    Do you have an example of them advocating hating your neighbor? I am not saying they haven't ever said it but I have not seen any evidence that they did. I personally do not agree with their mode of action, but wouldn't classify it as a ministry of contempt. I wouldn't classify it as a ministry at all but a lobbying group, and I think the modern day equivalent for "tax collectors" are Lobbyists.
    They have been classified as a Hate Group by several organizations including the Southern Poverty Law Firm in B'ham. Not that the SPLF has the final word on such matters but, consider; Don't Christians believe that their God made all people? Then as Christians, shouldn't God's children be treat with love and not castigated? They are anti-homo and anti-Muslim. I don't care much for Muslims, but then I don't pretend to be a Christian. Gays? I don't pretend to know what is best for them either. I do believe in the Right to; Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness, which obviously they don't. To me, one either respects The Constitution or they don't. If a group doesn't, then simply they are a hate group.
    Last edited by Franco; 10-15-2013 at 02:44 PM.
    The Libertarian Party believes that all persons are entitled to keep the fruits of their labor. A call for the repeal of the income tax, abolishment of the Internal Revenue Service and all federal programs and services not required under the U.S. Constitution. We support the passage of a "Balanced Budget Amendment" to the U.S. Constitution, provided that the budget is balanced exclusively by cutting expenditures, and not by raising taxes. LP.org