The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: **** Red River Trial Postponed ****

Exclamation **** Red River Trial Postponed ****

Red River Trial will be postponed until Dec 13-15. For cast this weekend calls for sleet and ice. Due to safety concerns it was decided to error on the side of safety and delay the trial. Please pass the word.
    'I make my practices real hard because if a player is a quitter, I want him to quit in practice, not in a game.' - Bear Bryant / Alabama

Chris/Vicky,

I'd like to leave this on the main forum in order to give those attending the trial a chance to see this update, sometimes things get lost in the Events forum.

p.s. Mike got your text, was about to post a notice myself (saw Becky's FB post)

FOM
    "You can't eat a pig whole, but you can eat a whole pig." - Joe S.

Proudly Owned By:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    MHR HR Flash Of Mischief SH CD CGC - Flash (10/15/98 - 10/8/12)
    Lightning Fast Quack Attacker*** - Bullet
    Gotta Heart Of A Warrior - Ranger (12/26/07 - 8/10/2010)
    SML's Gettin' Sexy With It*** - Tango
    FOM's Raising a Ruckus in the Rockies - Riot

Thanks, Lainee. I just saw this myself (here, on the main page)
    Chuck

Quote Originally Posted by MikeBoley View Post
    Red River Trial will be postponed until Dec 13-15. For cast this weekend calls for sleet and ice. Due to safety concerns it was decided to error on the side of safety and delay the trial. Please pass the word.
    I certainly understand the reasoning for this but what accommodations are being made for Qual and Derby dogs that are already signed up at the D/Q in Madisonville on the weekend of Dec. 14-15? There are many dogs signed up in both trials on the same weekend now - will Red River be refunding the entry fees for those dogs that now have a conflict?

Thank you for the information!
    '06 National Finalist FC/AFC Tiger's Goodness Gracious (12/31/02-7/31/09)
    Adalida's Relentless Pursuit***
    Southamptons Override***
    High Lonesome Hannah
    Catch'er If You Can
    Catcher's Double Play

There are too many people out there who think that the only thing that's right is to get by and the only thing that's wrong is to get caught. If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you donít have integrity, nothing else matters ~ Watts

Quote Originally Posted by Jan Helgoth View Post
    I certainly understand the reasoning for this but what accommodations are being made for Qual and Derby dogs that are already signed up at the D/Q in Madisonville on the weekend of Dec. 14-15? There are many dogs signed up in both trials on the same weekend now - will Red River be refunding the entry fees for those dogs that now have a conflict?

Thank you for the information!
    Approximately 20 of the 35 Qual dogs and 21 of the 35 Derby dogs will be in conflict...

Yes of course Red River intends to refund the entry fees for those owners who have dogs entered at Red River but can't make our trial because they are running at Piney Woods
    The owners will have to contact Becky Edwards prior to the start of the Red River trial.

We regret the inconvenience that this change is causing, but no field trial is worth risking danger to people or dogs which we surely would have been doing had we decided to try to hold the trial in an ice storm with temperatures forecasted as low as 17 degrees.
    This is the last time that we will try to hold a trial this late in the year.
    This would have been our sixth trial and we have always been lucky with the weather but this year our luck ran out.
    Last edited by MarvBaumer; 12-05-2013 at 08:36 AM. Reason: Both trials Derbies start on Saturday

I'm sure this was a tough decision to make, but it was the right one. This weekend looks very rough for the weather.

Since the date is changing, so glad y'all did that, can the
    derby and qual days switch so people could maybe run both trials.
    Just a thought
    Sylvia McClure
    Retrieve a Cure
    Home of:
    Belvedere's Jolly Jackson MH
    FC-AFC Hilltop's High Society
    QAA High Society's Bewitched
    QAA Trumarc's Mavis
    High Society's Hatari Rumble
    High Society's Courtesan

www.reelretrievers.com

Quote Originally Posted by jollydog View Post
    Since the date is changing, so glad y'all did that, can the
    derby and qual days switch so people could maybe run both trials.
    Just a thought

I had heard a rumor earlier this morning that Red River was going to try and switch the Derby to Friday and the Qual to Saturday.

I just got a call from Becky and that has been approved. They hope this helps folks out.

Update on Red River

The Derby will now start at 8:00a.m. on Friday 12/13.
    The Qual will start after the Derby but no sooner than 9:00a.m. Saturday 12/14.

Scott Carruth will now be judging the Amateur in place of Bill Burks.

Regarding Scratch Refunds
    We will give a full refund ( $89.50) for each entry that cant get to the trial because of the date change.
    Those scratches must be called , texted or e mailed to Becky Edwards at 903 227 9061 or edwardstraining4@yahoo.com prior to the start of the trial on 12/13.
    We have decided to refund the $4.50 EE fee. This decision re the EE fee may or may not be applicable to future Red River events.

If you can make it please come. We are facing a significant financial loss and we need all the entries we can get.

We want to reiterate how much we appreciate Danny Widner and the Piney Woods club agreeing to allow us to move our date.

PLEASE keep checking here for additional updates as we may have additional judges changes.

Any further questions call me at 972 658 2954 or Mark Edwards at 903 227 0027.