The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Brazosport Hunt Test Dec 2013

Question Brazosport Hunt Test Dec 2013

We would like to plan on going to this hunt test in on Dec 7 & 8. However it has been listed as "not finalized" on entry express. Is this test going to be cancelled? Thanks

They are probably having trouble finding judges. Sorry I can't offer any insight. Keep watching EE or contact the club directly.

Middle of Michigan n Matagorda TX (no more cause the RV park we stayed in said no to outside dogs.

Same info on the AKC event search although an email address has been added that I did not see before.
    John C aka jacduck

Do you really want to increase entries at the Junior Hunt Test level? Simply put a limit on entries and everyone will flock to JR and fight over how to get in and what to change to make it fair for all !!!!!

"Duck hunter's minds are like concrete. All mixed up and permanently set."

Yea... Looks like the Brazosport test is a go. Master and Junior listed on entry express & AKC now.

I was looking for this info this evening. I assume they are only having it on Saturday even though the premium says 7th and 8th.. Saturday is the only day available on entry express.

Back in Oct, we were chopping at the bit back to enter this event. The test would give us our last shot at finishing the Junior title this year. Figured we be the first to enter, but then came the cut foot, stitches and multiple trips to the vet. Weeks of duck season lost and lots of good training weather too. Never the less we are thankful to be able to run another day! It’s so easy to take that for granted. Also, thankful for people who volunteer their time to make hunt test happen. Happy Thanksgiving y’all.

The Brazosport RC AKC Hunting Test will be held this weekend in Giddings, Tx. We are aware of the weather conditions in the area. Expect all tests to be true goose hunting tests. The scratch policy as listed in the premium will be followed. If you are scratching your entry(ies), please contact HT Secretary before Saturday. December 7, 8 am CST. We are a non-profit organization; there is no refund for no shows.
    Rex Gibson
    Katy, Texas
    Brazosport Retriever Club
    Greater Houston Golden Retriever Club

Love me a good goose hunt! See ya' tomorrow Rex!

Goose hunt sounds like fun! Wish we didn’t have to scratch because of poor road conditions. Starring out the window looking at the 4 inches of ice and snow (4 deg F wind chill) in North Texas. Sigh, should be getting out of the crate and heading to the holding blind about right now……… Oh well, next time. Good luck y’all.

Master A will not start before 9am. Master B has 6 more dogs to run on the test you are moving to. Be careful as the bridges are freezing. Two wrecks on the Colorado River bridges tonight -- 77 north and I-10. Wreck on the Brazos River bridge coming in from B-CS too. Temps supposed to be above freezing after 8am. Be safe.
    Rex Gibson
    Katy, Texas
    Brazosport Retriever Club
    Greater Houston Golden Retriever Club