The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: HRC Fall Grand, results after 4th series

Quote Originally Posted by ada5771 View Post
    Ahh thought it was her second
    Yes, it is her 1st pass, but my smile is just as big.
    HRCH TilHe CallsUsHome ~ Tilly

Having the dog hold her own ribbons - priceless!

I agree, I love Tilly's picture holding her ribbons. She looks so proud. Nice background, too. Glad your smile is really big.
    Colleen

Quote Originally Posted by JJaxon View Post
    My girl Tilly.

She is home, now lets go hunting.
    Good looking too.......love morgan pups have a couple of litters sired by him...all the way in Australia.
    Field trial labradors, the wind beneath my wings,

sometimes poop under my boots.

I've been to the Grand several times first one was the Cinderella Story, AM handler / Trainer never saw the grand goes and passes... well next try we made it to the third and old Miss Meg broke on the second bird out..... on to Louisiana, train for a week before hand in TX and she fails the bitch check the first morning....gotta love those little girls. Then OK we lasted until the third test Mudzilla went out on the blind. Last one was Texarkana made it to the fourth and she pointed out due to marginal marking the first day and then again on the fourth. Meg has now been retired with one grand pass, but she has several nice black and whites to go with all her other ribbons. She is my grand dog even though she didn't get the title. I love the grand and love the challenge is poses for me. I will be back with my new dog Sweetpea, I think it will be the Fall grand in 2014 in TN, that was a great place to run, even though they did have a bunch of snakes

It was a pleasure to judge all the dogs that made it to my test. I was honored.
    Last edited by Margo Ellis; 10-18-2013 at 07:07 PM. Reason: Addition
    Margo Ellis

“Any woman who does not thoroughly enjoy tramping across the country on a clear, frosty morning with a good gun and a pair of dogs does not know how to enjoy life.” ~ Annie Oakley
    ><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º>¸.
    ·´¯`·.¸. , . .·´¯`·.. ><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º>

In All Thy Ways Acknowledge Him And He Shall Direct Thy Paths. Proverbs 3:6

It's nice to read that someone is as enthusiastic as Margo about the HRC Grand Hunt Test. I haven't spent much time at "Grands" and never learned how the judging was supposed to be done. The tests at the recent one looked "do-able" to me and the little dog work I watched seemed quite good, so with such a low pass rate, the judging must be very strict in some regards.

No question that it's a huge commercial success and if folks like Margo like the game, best wishes to you all, y'all.

Keith,
    A lot of HRC members never aspire to have their dog run the grand, it takes a lot of time and commitment to get there, not to mention the cost and time on the road. The pros have success because they clearly understand what it takes to get the pass. Some AM's like myself have learned through trial and error what it takes, but as some say the Grand like a lot of the big games is 45% training, 45% dog and 10% luck.
    Margo Ellis

“Any woman who does not thoroughly enjoy tramping across the country on a clear, frosty morning with a good gun and a pair of dogs does not know how to enjoy life.” ~ Annie Oakley
    ><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º>¸.
    ·´¯`·.¸. , . .·´¯`·.. ><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º>

In All Thy Ways Acknowledge Him And He Shall Direct Thy Paths. Proverbs 3:6

Quote Originally Posted by Margo Ellis View Post
    I've been to the Grand several times first one was the Cinderella Story, AM handler / Trainer never saw the grand goes and passes... well next try we made it to the third and old Miss Meg broke on the second bird out..... on to Louisiana, train for a week before hand in TX and she fails the bitch check the first morning....gotta love those little girls. Then OK we lasted until the third test Mudzilla went out on the blind. Last one was Texarkana made it to the fourth and she pointed out due to marginal marking the first day and then again on the fourth. Meg has now been retired with one grand pass, but she has several nice black and whites to go with all her other ribbons. She is my grand dog even though she didn't get the title. I love the grand and love the challenge is poses for me. I will be back with my new dog Sweetpea, I think it will be the Fall grand in 2014 in TN, that was a great place to run, even though they did have a bunch of snakes

It was a pleasure to judge all the dogs that made it to my test. I was honored.
    Your test was my favorite.
    HRCH Mt. Holly "SKyler" Blue SH 500 HRC pts. club

HRCH Mt. Holly Thunder and Lightning "Storm" MH 500 pts. club, Grand pass

www.robrobertsgunworks.com

Quote Originally Posted by Aussie View Post
    Good looking too.......love morgan pups have a couple of litters sired by him...all the way in Australia.
    Ah that's wonderful to know. Bill had told me about the selection for Australia, but I've never notived a post here about any pups or litters. We are related, kind of...

Thanks to all for the kind comments, Tilly is my one of a kind girl, my buddy, and she lives for the birds.
    HRCH TilHe CallsUsHome ~ Tilly

Quote Originally Posted by i_willie12 View Post
    Knowing all this... I still cant wait to get back to the grand!!! We've gone out in the 4th at Wisconsin and OK both times on the blind!!!!!!
    Yep. Dad's started a savings account. If all my evil plans play out....
    I maybe running a dog at the next one....... ( Page)
    HRCH Wilson's God of Thunder - Thor
    HR Wilson's God of Mischief - Loki