RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

FC AFC red fox stud

17K views 31 replies 28 participants last post by  Bug 
#1 ·
Hi all,

I have been all over my good friend that own a very talented, well bread and very nice looking very dark female to breed her, her name
NMH Dandesg Fanny MH
(FC AFC AFTCH Money Talk II X 2xNMH 2xGMH Yeller Yellow Bear (FC FTCH AFTCH Seaside One To Many X FTCH AFTCH Moira River Maddy)).

My good friend do not speak a word english and he ask me to find him best FC AFC title red fox stud, #75+ or one that throw red fox.......not many around.

I'm asking you guys your opinion on this.......

I think that FC AFC Teddy's Ebonstar James would make an outstanding dog for Fanny, i have made litter pedigree and it sure look great.

Thanks for your support,

#3 · (Edited)
#5 ·
Money Talks II is in your neck of the woods, Maine I think.

In Illinois, our own Justice dog has one. Can't remember his name though.

#6 ·
Looks like the female in question- is sired by him already.:)

#7 ·
Snapper has 23 AA pts, 7 Open pts (including an Open win), 16 Am pts. He's 5.5 years old out of FC-AFC Hunting Hills Coriander ex Cougars Goin for Alleyoopmgp MH.

#9 ·
He isnt a "fox red" but he is one heck of a dog and just won a DoubleHeader this weekend and thats FC AFC Suncrest Quinoa (Keno)..he can mark with the best of them and he is Amateur trained and handled....come from a good bloodline I think he is a TNT grandson...good looking dog too

#12 ·
I'll second on Keno! My Cruger is a litter mate to Keno and is dark yellow with tinges of red. The litter produce several good looking, talented dogs.

#17 · (Edited)
You or someone else would know more about it than I.
Scott.
Just FYI Cuz I'm a genetic junky

Breeders of "true fox reds" will quickly point out that some yellow Labs professed to be "fox-red" are really more dark tan than red and are therefore, not "true fox-reds". The difference in concentration of red color (determined by the "ay" or "as" allele of the A locus) is dependent upon the alleles at the C locus. The "C" allele allows for full expression and intensity of red tones, while the "cch" allele will dilute the red to a clear tan color.

Therefore, the genotype of each color variation is:

ay_B_ C_ee = True Fox-Red
as_B_C_ee * = True Fox-Red with Saddling**

ay_B_ cch _ee = Pseudo Fox-Red
as_B_cch_ee = Pseudo Fox-Red with Saddling**

* the underline denotes that the gene locus may be homozygous or heterozygous with a less dominant allele present at the partner-chromosome gene locus
** Labs with this genotype demonstrate the red coloring localized to certain areas of the body.

The "as" allele produces the "saddling effects" seen in many yellows in which there appears darker yellow pigmentation on the back,
ears, legs, etc. compared to areas of light yellow on the shoulders, neck, and underside. The "as" allele also increases intensity of phaeomelanin, but restricts its production to the former mentioned areas on the Lab.

The observation that there appears to be no solid fox-red or solid "pseudo" fox-red Labs may be explained by Little's hypothesis that the combination of an "ay" in a homozygous "e" (yellow) dog is lethal. If Little's hypothesis is correct, then this would mean that all fox-red or "pseudo" fox-red Labs must be: as_B_C_ee or as_B_cch_ee, respectively.

Also
1. Not an FC-AFC but, have heard good things about his pups; 4XGMPR HRCH HRK's Rooster Smasher Of TGK MH QAA
http://www.huntinglabpedigree.com/pedigree.asp?id=47687

2. The Darkest Fox Red Dogs; I've ever seen have been in the HRC venue, for some reason they seem to gravitate to that venue more than other ones, not sure if they have separate lines or not, but it might be why Money Talk II is one of the UKC best producing sires.

#19 ·
This is a client dog and not for stud yet but he is sired by FC riparian windfall. Probably not going to get all reds but all shades. But Ricky throws some nice puppies.

Dog Canidae Dog breed Vizsla Golden retriever

"Buster" QAA at 20m

#20 ·
Like mention before, lot will call a red fox while the dog is dark ylw.
To me, to call a dog red fox he have to be all one shade red color.
But some seemed even being dark ylw will throw red fox pup, of course dam has an impact but still, and Jamie seemed to me to throw those red pup, upon my research.

Again i thank all for your kind support....please note i'm french and my english is not perfect so excuse those bad sentences.

#29 ·
If you like FC AFC Teddy's Ebonstar James I think there is some straws of his frozen left. I would suggest you get ahold of Steve and Emily Faith to check for yourself. I have a 12 year old Jamie son that has been an absolutely nice dog.

#31 ·
2007 I bred my light colored Darla to Copper (money talks). I got red, light ones, and combo ones.. Van and Jen are awesome to work with and I am super happy with my pup Spanky. She is red, and I have bred her a couple weeks ago to Poncho whose owner is also awesome to work with. Good luck with whoever you choose to go with :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.