The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Retriever Field Trial Stats 1960-66

Default Retriever Field Trial Stats 1960-66

I am looking to find a book that will cover information about the National Open and National Amateurs from 1960 through 1966. Dogs qualified, entered, results, etc. Also, if it includes placements in AA stakes, so much the better.

I have been able to track down a lot of old books re the stats but this is the one hole I can't seem to fill.

You can contact me through glendagldnblk@aol.com

Thanks for any help or suggestions you can provide.

Glenda

Glenda

You will need four books to cover that time frame. For the Amateur you will need 2 books called "The Handbook of Amateur Retriever Trials"--one covers the time 1951 to 1961 and the other covers the time 1962 to 1966. For the Open you will need 2 books called "The National Retriever Field Trial Club, Inc."--one covers the time 1941 to 1960 and the other covers the time 1961 to 1966.

Jack
    It was impossible, so it took a little longer to accomplish.

I knew Jack would have the answer...like the Google/Wilkepedia of retrievers
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

Glenda - I will see what I have tonight. I got a lot of books etc from John Lundy's family.
    Diane

Thanks---I knew I could probably find an answer here. I do have the National Retriever Field Trial Club 1941-1960 book and it is going to be a real treasure. Got the only one advertised on Amazon. Then have Retriever Field Trials 1967-1972 by Auggie Belmont and Mrs. Toni Reynolds.

Have the rest of the Retriever Field Trial stats books from 1973 through 2008. Will try to track down the other three you mentioned, Jack. Amazon helped some, but I thought maybe someone on here would have them either in their files or know of someone that did. John Lundy's books may include them as he certainly was featured in much of that early data.

Diane---would be glad to buy some or pay for you to have some of the years I want copied. Really appreciate both of you for your input.

Have tracked some info down (for Goldens) from old GRNews but often only some names and no further information.

Bill you ran Ripp in the National Open in 64, 66, and 68 and the National Amat in 66, 67, and 68. Do you still have your old programs? Why I should ask, I don't know, because if you don't, you have them memorized!

Thanks, again, Jack and Diane.

Glenda

Glenda..I'll check with mom but only think she started with 68....and some of those went to Stan and Carolyn.
    Jim Weitzel
    Proud member of Ole Roy prostaff

Glenda: I sent to the Bird Dog Museum every National catalog for every one I attended from June 1965 to about 1995 or somewhere as I stopped going to nationals somewhere in there. Also I had marked each catalog with what series the dog had gone out on-there are probably 20 or more that way. I plan on attending Ray Goodrich's induction and I have a presentation for he and Dede. If David knows where they have "stored" them I will rummage through and get what you need if it is there.

Mr Lance

My ballot to the HOF said the ballots will be counted on Monday, November 4, 2013. You know who won already?

Jack
    It was impossible, so it took a little longer to accomplish.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenda Brown View Post
    I am looking to find a book that will cover information about the National Open and National Amateurs from 1960 through 1966. Dogs qualified, entered, results, etc. Also, if it includes placements in AA stakes, so much the better.

I have been able to track down a lot of old books re the stats but this is the one hole I can't seem to fill.

You can contact me through glendagldnblk@aol.com

Thanks for any help or suggestions you can provide.

Glenda
    I have all Retriever News from Jan 1956 to date - what do you need?

Marvin S

Everyone's friend is No One's friend

Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!

Thanks---will write to each of you privately. I heard from one person who may have the books and am waiting to hear back from him. I did write to Dave at the HOF but haven't heard back.

I really appreciate all of your help. Will make a list of questions I would like answered and see what info I specifically need. I am more than happy to pay for any extra trouble this presents to anyone---ie, copying, sending, etc.

Lanse -- have tried to call you a couple of times and just gotten your answering device. Let me know a good time to reach you, just to talk.

Again, it is so gratifying to have the resources that are available on this site.

Glenda