The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Retriever Field Trial Stats 1960-66

Quote Originally Posted by Glenda Brown View Post
    I really appreciate all of your help. Will make a list of questions I would like answered and see what info I specifically need. I am more than happy to pay for any extra trouble this presents to anyone---ie, copying, sending, etc.
    Glenda
    At this point in our lives time to do as we please is the most valuable thing we have. Knowing that you will put the info to a use to better the sport makes helping out worthwhile.

Marvin S

Everyone's friend is No One's friend

Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!

Glenda - I think I have everything you need (4 books) and will be happy to get them to you. Will send you a PM.
    Diane

Thanks to everyone. The response has been tremendous and greatly appreciated.

It is so much fun to go through the old Yearbooks and see people thirty, forty years ago---some you recognize immediately, others you have to check out the names.

I have been lucky enough to watch, train with, and compete against some truly outstanding retrievers during my years in field trials. Would like to think I have owned and run some pretty nice ones as well (at least that is what the dogs always told me around dinner time!

Being a history buff (majored in it in college), I want to make sure we honor our history of this sport and keep alive many of the stories,
    accomplishments, and the tales of the fabulous retrievers we have all admired and loved. We owe it to the sport to not forget the pioneers in it and those who laid the foundation for what we are doing now. The RTN has been doing an excellent job with their series on the great dogs that have won Nationals in the past. This forum has many who have been involved with the sport, and at very high levels, and who all continue to contribute to it in one way or the other. Let's make sure the Archives in the various retriever Clubs contain the field history of each breed -- these are "retrievers" and we want to keep them that way.

Again, you have all been great with your generous offers of providing me with information.

Glenda