The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Gun Dog Broker
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Entry Express not following stated closing time

Sometimes, the internet crashes - either on your end or on EE's end. I have had friends who experienced both. I tell them to call EE, leave a message on the EE phone, and it gets addressed the next morning. There isn't always a conspiracy.
    Competition does not build character - It reveals it.

Home of:
    FC/AFC Freeridin Wowie Zowie (2003 NARC Finalist)
    FC/AFC Sky Hy Husker Power
    FC/AFC Freeridin Smooth Operator
    FC/AFC Freeridin Vampire Slayer (2007 NARC Finalist)
    AFC Freeridin Maserati (Double Header Winner)

www.freeridinretrievers.com

Freezeland, you are right. Once an AKC event closes, no additional entries are allowed. You don't have to justify your reason for waiting until 11:59 to enter. You don't need to concern yourself with who owns/owned the entry system (?!?). You have received explanations on how the numbers from EE could change due to mail ins and other circumstances.

People who believe in following the rules set by the AKC should be concerned over the cavalier attitude displayed by some replies in this thread. The only thing that will be accomplished by bending the rules is distrust is the system if the rules don't apply to everyone. I'm certainly not naive, but it makes one wonder what other rules are subject to interpretation by those people.

Hunt Tests are not competitive, but there is a rulebook as well as a code of conduct. If you're like me where in the old days learning of or remembering a closing late in the day was simply tough luck; or, you flew back home from a business trip, called ahead and drove 40 miles to the event secretary's house at 11:00pm with a paper entry, you learn to appreciate closing times, adherence to the rules, and especially the convenience of EE today.

Mark

Quote Originally Posted by Zman1001 View Post
    There is a HT in Texas with 61 junior dogs. They also needed to split the Senior stake with 52 dogs. Quite amazing numbers that we have never seen around my neck of the woods.
    No doubt. Didn't see one like that in Freeze's area but I'd kill for that many junior dogs. Of course, while some might be discouraged it's a long day to run their dog, I'd offer it's an even longer one for the volunteers working it.
    Last edited by HNTFSH; 10-17-2013 at 04:24 PM.
    We shoot dogs with a Canon

These handlers/dogs that get "late entry" can they use a choke chain in junior?

/Paul
    Paul Cantrell
    Black Ice Retrievers
    Marcola OR

Too many dogs to list (By some Bitch)

https://www.facebook.com/BlackIceRetrievers
    http://gundog2002.blogspot.com/
    "Helping Hunters Train Their Dogs"

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Littlejohn View Post
    Freezeland, you are right. Once an AKC event closes, no additional entries are allowed. You don't have to justify your reason for waiting until 11:59 to enter. You don't need to concern yourself with who owns/owned the entry system (?!?). You have received explanations on how the numbers from EE could change due to mail ins and other circumstances.

People who believe in following the rules set by the AKC should be concerned over the cavalier attitude displayed by some replies in this thread. The only thing that will be accomplished by bending the rules is distrust is the system if the rules don't apply to everyone. I'm certainly not naive, but it makes one wonder what other rules are subject to interpretation by those people.

Hunt Tests are not competitive, but there is a rulebook as well as a code of conduct. If you're like me where in the old days learning of or remembering a closing late in the day was simply tough luck; or, you flew back home from a business trip, called ahead and drove 40 miles to the event secretary's house at 11:00pm with a paper entry, you learn to appreciate closing times, adherence to the rules, and especially the convenience of EE today.

Mark
    Well said! I always find it amazing when folks try to beat others down for asking polite questions about something they feel may not be right. Such a simple question receiving SOME of these responses is disturbing.
    Chuck
    HRCH Porjay's She's No Debutante "Dixie"
    Wagzu's Red Solo Cup
    SHR Wagner's Courtin the Ducks "Beau"
    Rainbow Bridge - (Meat Dog Extraordinaire) Shoeless Joe Jackson II "Jax"
    www.wagzuretrievers.com
    www.facebook.com/wagzuretrievers

Quote Originally Posted by HNTFSH View Post
    No doubt. Didn't see on like that in Freeze's area but I'd kill for that many junior dogs. Of course, while some might be discouraged it's a long day to run their dog, I'd offer it's an even longer one for the volunteers working it.
    My dog is running Down in TX, and that sounds like the one she was at last weekend. I was not there, but it appears that the group was split into 2 different senior stakes. The stake my dog was in.. only 7 dogs passed (Grateful that she was among those 7) where in the 2nd group 20 of the dogs passed.... Likley just luck of the draw where maybe the group my dog was in was a little less experienced dogs.. who knows!
    Brian & Jennifer Tucker
    Bennett, Colorado

Marks-A-Lot Babyface (2003 HR CH Marks A Lot Gangster QAA MNH CD WCX x Marks-A-Lot Call Me Cathy)

Marks-A-Lot Gangster's Midnite Star SH (2012 HR CH Marks A Lot Gangster QAA MNH CD WCX X Crabby Patty JH)

Quote Originally Posted by Gun_Dog2002 View Post
    These handlers/dogs that get "late entry" can they use a choke chain in junior?

/Paul

No. Only Herm Sprenger may use one in that stake

john
    "i guess the old saying 'those of us that think we know everything annoy those of you that does' " --bobbyb 9/13/06

"A Good Dog is a Good Dog"